+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 4.5 month old dropping third nap?

DD is 4.5 months old and her sleep is going really well. She has two day sleeps at around 9 and 12 - the first is usually only one sleep cycle but the second one is 2-3 hours.

The problem is she won't go down for that third nap at 4/4.30. So she's awake 4 hours till bedtime (ie 2-6pm). It's ridiculous and she's too young to drop the third nap. I tried waking her from her lunchtime sleep early today and still no luck.

How can I manage this? Please don't suggest sling, carrier, car or pram as she only sleeps in her bed.

Super overtired baby is no fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine dropped her 3rd nap around that age, I just followed her lead she quite clearly did not want it lol.

Yeah she was grumpy and needed lots o late afternoon attention and had early bedtime for about a week then she was fine.

She's dropped her 2nd sleep early too, she stopped just before 10 months and now does 3 hours a day from 10.30/11am.

Sorry no advice really. I just followed her lead. Dd was very different to DS who did 2 naps up until 14 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was the same, so I moved the second nap to 1/1.30, so she gets up about 2.30 / 3

You could try the same....

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's your dd total day sleep?

You could just move her second nap back or bedtime forward till it settles down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her total sleep is 3/4 hours. So plenty. I think I might have figured it out though. She normally does 45 min in the morning then 2/3 hours at lunch. If I can get two catnaps in at say 9 and 12 she will then go down at 2.30 and sleep till 5. Then bed at 7. So just had to tweak her routine a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did the day tweaking work out?

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes R&A. It's all over the place. Just going to go with it for now.