+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    So what about a woman who works 10 hours a week and whose DH doesn't work, so they get a fair bit of CL. She gets 8k in money from the taxpayer for minimal tax. Yet a woman who is home, whose DH works in a low income f/t job paying tax, but more than the woman working 10 hours a week and getting less CL gets nothing?

I see a big loop hole here where women only working a few hours (I think the min is only 4 hours a week?) paying less tax than my husband get a handsome PPL but I get nothing?
    I understand where you are coming from and would have to give this more thought when I'm not about to fall asleep lol but... There is going to be exceptions to everything yeah? Remember krudd giving those stupid bond's a few years ago to parents of school kids? Well I was with my ex husband then and he had three kids to his ex, we shared custody but she got the cash (what was it like 1000 per kid?) and we got Jack and had to pay her childsupport as well. That sucked and was unfair but like I said. Always exceptions.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think our family has it all wrong. Dh needs to throw in his job, I'll get a job doing a few hours a week. We can get more CL and I can get the PPL. Seems upside down that a woman being home with a working partner should get no support for a baby, but a man being home with a wife that works hardly any hours paying less tax and getting more CL gets 8k.

Sorry but that makes no sense to me Leave the BB, which is already way less than PPL and leave the PPL. That would seem fair?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (14-05-2013),LoveLivesHere  (14-05-2013),peanutmonkey  (14-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    I understand where you are coming from and would have to give this more thought when I'm not about to fall asleep lol but... There is going to be exceptions to everything yeah? Remember krudd giving those stupid bond's a few years ago to parents of school kids? Well I was with my ex husband then and he had three kids to his ex, we shared custody but she got the cash (what was it like 1000 per kid?) and we got Jack and had to pay her childsupport as well. That sucked and was unfair but like I said. Always exceptions.

With respect it sends a clear message that a woman working minimal hours is worth more than a woman staying home whose husband pays his tax?

I support the PPL all the way. I just don't support working women in this thread saying yay get rid of the BB....

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-05-2013),gonnabeaGR8mum  (15-05-2013),LoveLivesHere  (14-05-2013),peanutmonkey  (14-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    I work.. 3-4 days per week. I pay taxes... but Im not eligible for PPL. How is that fair?

I agree, maybe there should be something that says to receive a payment you need to have been in the workforce, but the requirement of the PPL are ridiculous for people like me who have had changes in employment due to relocation (someone else posted in here with the same issue) and a stuff up in work contract making me now ineligible as I had to have forced time off work - no fault of my own. Why should I or others in similar situations miss out on any support?
    But you'll never please everyone. I also didn't receive PPL when I was pregnant with #3 as I wasn't at work long enough for the entitlement to kick in.

A line has to be drawn somewhere. If the gov't tried to make everyone happy they'd go broke. And get voted out (which they will anyway).

I just don't get this idea that people who don't work or work minimal hours get paid for having a baby. Sorry I'm not intending to be inflammatory but I honestly don't get it. If we had a major crisis in population I'd get it, but we don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    With respect it sends a clear message that a woman working minimal hours is worth more than a woman staying home whose husband pays his tax?

I support the PPL all the way. I just don't support working women in this thread saying yay get rid of the BB....
    But haven't there always been other ways women who stay at home received assistance? I may be out of touch as we get nothing from gov't but many women I knew who stayed at home when DD1 was a baby claimed they were better off due to benefits from only having one income earner.

ETA they're not getting rid of it they're reducing it and changing the entitlement to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I haven't seen anything from woman supporting the Bb here so I will be the exception. I am relying hard on the baby bonus not because me and my partner are lazy and stay home all day and get centrelink which is how I feel it is being portrayed here. This was a suprise baby. I had just lost my job and my partner is only casual. The bb helps people. I don't get why everyone is so against it. Unless they aren't getting it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CompareTheMeerkat For This Useful Post:

smidget3004  (14-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    My husband works though and pays his taxes.... We are also saving the tax payer by hardly using CC. I'm the one that runs your P&C and runs the canteen. My role matters too? I support a cut to the BB, god knows we need to cost cut. But I see a real shift here.

With the BB going completely under the libs, I see a whole lot of SAHM's getting 4 hours a week for 12 months to get the PPL When ironically it would have been cheaper to pay them the BB lol

Just seems the govt will throw around the cash for a woman working half a shift a week, no questions asked, but for me with a working husband paying tax? hell no, don't expect the tax payer to fund your family.
    Last edited by delirium; 14-05-2013 at 23:15.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-05-2013),Atropos  (15-05-2013),gonnabeaGR8mum  (15-05-2013),Lauzy83  (15-05-2013),Maybelline  (15-05-2013),peanutmonkey  (14-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

ETA they're not getting rid of it they're reducing it and changing the entitlement to it.
    Hockey has said in his usual circular way they will completely get rid of any support to non working women....

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm actually a sahm, I'm technically On mat leave but I am not returning. Like I said, I won't receive either payment if we have another baby. I have never relied on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But haven't there always been other ways women who stay at home received assistance? I may be out of touch as we get nothing from gov't but many women I knew who stayed at home when DD1 was a baby claimed they were better off due to benefits from only having one income earner.

Exactly! And we are like you, we receive nothing