+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    From what I saw they don't want the baby bonus or the extra $2000 in FTB...
    Ugh so even worse then. Dunno why I'm surprised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    You don't get any FTB while getting PPL
    This is incorrect, you will receive either FTB A or B - I can't remember which. Best to call thE FTO

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368532046.286767.jpg
    Here is a snip it from the net

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    Does anybody know what the liberals stance on this is? As it appears likely that they will win at the next election in September. Will they stick with this decision or reinstate the baby bonus?
    I just watched an interview on the 7.30 report with Joe Hockey. He was repeatedly asked if he planned to completely scrap any type of funding for having a baby and he cleverly skirted around the issue saying they would assess when the election budget comes in. but basically admitted there would be no payment.

So I would tentatively say if the libs get in, which they will, there will be no payment when you have a baby except for working women and the PPL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    So PPL is acceptable, but not BB?
    I don't work and would receive BB... It sucks, but isn't the end of the world for me though I do know people that work casual hours, aren't eligible for PPL and will be relying on BB to make up for the income lost.
    By dropping the BB, many mums will have to return to work much earlier.
    Well for me yeah.. Ppl is acceptable.. You pay taxes, you get ppl in return. One of my relatives just had her fourth child, she is 26 and has never been in the work force but received BB for all four kids. I think a bonus for having a baby is silly, I'm much happier with ppl, even though it means I won't get either when\if we have another baby

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I just watched an interview on the 7.30 report with Joe Hockey. He was repeatedly asked if he planned to completely scrap any type of funding for having a baby and he cleverly skirted around the issue saying they would assess when the election budget comes in. but basically admitted there would be no payment.

So I would tentatively say if the libs get in, which they will, there will be no payment when you have a baby except for working women and the PPL.
    Lol. Makes me want to vote liberal even more tbh..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    Well for me yeah.. Ppl is acceptable.. You pay taxes, you get ppl in return. One of my relatives just had her fourth child, she is 26 and has never been in the work force but received BB for all four kids. I think a bonus for having a baby is silly, I'm much happier with ppl, even though it means I won't get either when\if we have another baby

So what about a woman who works 10 hours a week and whose DH doesn't work, so they get a fair bit of CL. She gets 8k in money from the taxpayer for minimal tax. Yet a woman who is home, whose DH works in a low income f/t job paying tax, but more than the woman working 10 hours a week and getting less CL gets nothing?

I see a big loop hole here where women only working a few hours (I think the min is only 4 hours a week?) paying less tax than my husband get a handsome PPL but I get nothing?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-05-2013),BlissedOut  (14-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This won't affect me but I was under the impression it kicks in march 1st 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post

I work.. 3-4 days per week. I pay taxes... but Im not eligible for PPL. How is that fair?

I agree, maybe there should be something that says to receive a payment you need to have been in the workforce, but the requirement of the PPL are ridiculous for people like me who have had changes in employment due to relocation (someone else posted in here with the same issue) and a stuff up in work contract making me now ineligible as I had to have forced time off work - no fault of my own. Why should I or others in similar situations miss out on any support?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thought so, here you go, nothing to worry about until march 1st 2014

http://www.crikey.com.au/2013/05/14/...sponsible-cut/