+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I'm not arguing that NB. Just the fact that unless you work FT you are unimportant.

I know kw123 didn't mean it that way but it still hurts.
    I ask a lot of mums at school who don't work how they fill their days and I am told they go to the gym and do stuff for their families. Very few seem to volunteer (not even at the school - 90% of positions on our P&C are performed by men and women who work).

I will be a SAHM again very soon (August) and I know after September I'll become one of the forgotten under the new Gov't. It's going to be depressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    But people who work pay more in tax than the benefits they receive back. Out household only gets CCR, we pay much much more tax than what we receive back in CCR.
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    I just did the maths- my CCR is just over $40 a day. I pay more than that in tax each day I work! Definitely works out better for the government to have the CCR and keep parents working
    ... and any FTB we receive is less than the tax we pay too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To answer the OP's question, pure and simple, is that I'm glad the Baby Bonus is being scrapped. And this comes from someone who is planning on having more babies after the cut off date so it's not like I've benefited and that's it, scrap it now that my baby making days are over kind of thing.

I get tired of the govt throwing this and that at us. I'd prefer it if they would fix the pension/newstart to reflect the true cost of living instead.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (31-05-2013),Lauzy83  (24-05-2013),~ElectricPink~  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    To answer the OP's question, pure and simple, is that I'm glad the Baby Bonus is being scrapped. And this comes from someone who is planning on having more babies after the cut off date so it's not like I've benefited and that's it, scrap it now that my baby making days are over kind of thing.

I get tired of the govt throwing this and that at us. I'd prefer it if they would fix the pension/newstart to reflect the true cost of living instead.
    This exactly ^^^

Haven't read the whole thread but I think there are more important things then a baby bonus. I think to be a parent is a bonus plus the gov pays family assistance which is also a bonus, our parents didn't get money like we do these days and we all turned out fine!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    I didn't realise how much money gets thrown at you got having a baby, I had my 3rd 4 months ago and I am receiving payment a and b, yesterday I checked my account and there was over 2k in there. Don't know what it was for.

I'm not going to complain, I love having extra money but we do not 'need' it that's for sure.
    Yup we added up what we have had in baby bonus and ppl in the last 3 years- 25k..... No wonder our country is in debt when so much money is given to people just for having babies....... (we have had 3 babies in 3 years).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    Yup we added up what we have had in baby bonus and ppl in the last 3 years- 25k..... No wonder our country is in debt when so much money is given to people just for having babies....... (we have had 3 babies in 3 years).
    You don't have to accept it though?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (05-08-2013),Meld85  (05-08-2013),Purple Lily  (05-08-2013)