+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby bonus

How do we all feel about Swans announcement that the baby bonus will be abolished?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This won't affect me however I think it shows the lengths labor has to go to in order to bring the budget into surplus...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a little upset as I really were relying on a little extra money as this bub wasn't planned and as a 4th we need a bigger car but apart from that doesn't bother me we will manage they can't keep handing out money everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't find any information about it being abolished completely. Can you provide a link with the info?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not bothered, I do hope there will be a CLink grant put in place for baby necessities for exceptional circumstances, just so there's no excuse for a baby not to have the basic necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    I'm a little upset as I really were relying on a little extra money as this bub wasn't planned and as a 4th we need a bigger car but apart from that doesn't bother me we will manage they can't keep handing out money everywhere.
    I imagine it won't kick in for another 10 or so months. I could be wrong though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    I can't find any information about it being abolished completely. Can you provide a link with the info?
    It has just been announced as apart of the new budget was on 9 news.

They are removing baby bonus & adding I think $2k extra Family Tax but don't quote me, I'm not sure of all details...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It won't be abolished completely = $2000 for the first child $1000 for each after that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few random thoughts...

It won't affect me personally, but I'd like to know when the changes come into effect. If I wasn't eligible for PPL, I'd be counting on it to help fund my maternity leave. I feel sorry for pregnant women who were counting on it.

There have been lots of closures of baby stores, I've noticed. This might get see the end of many more, as people will buy more secondhand baby goods. Which can have safety implications if you're not careful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill try find a link. So it had already been reduced from $5000 to $3000 and now it is being abolished as of July 1st but family tax benefit part A will increase for the first 3 months of a claim period - $2000 for first baby and $1000 for subsequent babies.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-05-2013),jagamoe  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, a lot of people will be cut out of eligibility by FTB thresholds:

To be eligible for family tax benefit part A incomes must not be above $110,000 to $112,000 a year, whereas the baby bonus benefited those earning up to $150,000 a year.