+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I got this link in my FB newsfeed this morning. I thought it was quite an interesting read and obviously applicable to this topic.

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-...r-opinion-9978

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (17-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Love that article Bec, and just so true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I got as far as "homoeopathy can cure in minutes" and decided my brain would be better off not reading any further.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-05-2013),bumMum  (17-05-2013),Kirst33  (17-05-2013),Maybelline  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not opening it as I get so angry at the rubbish these people spread. I know a family who lost their newb to whooping cough in an area with low vax rates. The AVN should be ashamed & disgusted at the part they played in that baby's death.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-05-2013),Maybelline  (17-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I got this link in my FB newsfeed this morning. I thought it was quite an interesting read and obviously applicable to this topic.

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-...r-opinion-9978
    I can't even count the amount of times I've posted this article during discussions on fb. It's a beaut

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Agree. My dad works in medical research (ie works on developing vaccines). He was saying last week that it is a commonly held view among his peers that it is only a matter of time before an unvaccinated child who develops complications from a VPD sues their parents for damages.
    that would be brilliant!

Mel x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I know this is a bit of an old thread, but yeah sadly this woman is an idiot and doesn't represent most of the people I know who have chosen not to vaccinate.

I used to be a non vaxxer, now i'm not sure what I am. Basically my whole family apart from my DH contracted whooping cough recently. The one who got it first is also an asthmatic, we took him several times to doctors and the hopsital, and it took weeks before they diagnosed whooping cough. It started off mild and then just progressively got worse. We've had coughs for 2 months now. I got it most severe as I ended up with pnuemonia and i've also fractured my ribs, i'm not able to drive or do anything physical at all and need people to help me which is horrible. My twin sister's daughter has contracted it too while we must have been in the incubation stage without knowing and her DD attends daycare. So on a personal level it completely questioned my rationale as to why I didn't vaxx. I was so fearful of my children getting a vaccine related reaction I just delayed and hoped for the best i guess. Now that we've all had whooping cough, thankfully the oldest and youngest weren't too bad, just the middle one and me have had it the worst. I would not want to put my children through that if it could be prevented. I'm still not convinced vaccines are 100% safe or 100% effective, but I'm thinking i'd at least rather give them some chance at being protected from these viruses than absolutely none. My eldest is almost 8, next is 5.5 and the little one is nearly 2 and have only just received their very first vaccination. It was horrible and I hated doing it, but i'd much rather that than they get something that I could have at least tried to prevent or avoid. I'm still worried something will happen to them by vaccinating them too, but it's such a hard decision and one i've spent years researching and agonising over.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-09-2013),JR03  (01-09-2013),LoveLivesHere  (01-09-2013),Starfish30  (01-09-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Jeez V8, that sounds absolutely horrible. Whooping cough is the worst.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

V8  (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry you had to go through that but good on you for being open about your thoughts. Hope everyone is well soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V8 View Post
    I know this is a bit of an old thread, but yeah sadly this woman is an idiot and doesn't represent most of the people I know who have chosen not to vaccinate.

I used to be a non vaxxer, now i'm not sure what I am. Basically my whole family apart from my DH contracted whooping cough recently. The one who got it first is also an asthmatic, we took him several times to doctors and the hopsital, and it took weeks before they diagnosed whooping cough. It started off mild and then just progressively got worse. We've had coughs for 2 months now. I got it most severe as I ended up with pnuemonia and i've also fractured my ribs, i'm not able to drive or do anything physical at all and need people to help me which is horrible. My twin sister's daughter has contracted it too while we must have been in the incubation stage without knowing and her DD attends daycare. So on a personal level it completely questioned my rationale as to why I didn't vaxx. I was so fearful of my children getting a vaccine related reaction I just delayed and hoped for the best i guess. Now that we've all had whooping cough, thankfully the oldest and youngest weren't too bad, just the middle one and me have had it the worst. I would not want to put my children through that if it could be prevented. I'm still not convinced vaccines are 100% safe or 100% effective, but I'm thinking i'd at least rather give them some chance at being protected from these viruses than absolutely none. My eldest is almost 8, next is 5.5 and the little one is nearly 2 and have only just received their very first vaccination. It was horrible and I hated doing it, but i'd much rather that than they get something that I could have at least tried to prevent or avoid. I'm still worried something will happen to them by vaccinating them too, but it's such a hard decision and one i've spent years researching and agonising over.
    I am unashamedly in favour of vaccinating and I can tell you that no vaccine is 100% effective or 100% safe. This is no secret at all. Any doctor will tell you the same. Can I just tell you that your risk from the disease itself is higher than the risk from the vaccine. And in the case of WC I think the current vax is about 85% from memory- but 85% effective is much better than the zero protection of not vaccinating.
    I'm sorry you have had to go through this, and your family too. I hope that it helps change your stance on vaccination and that your family recover their health.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2013)