+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    I could say the same for pro vaxers in the may they speak, abuse and ridicule anti-vaxers. I believe this decision is never made on a whim. Pro AND anti, we have all thought, researched and made a decision that we think is best. Ever think that MAYBE, just maybe its actually a good thing that we (anti-vaxers) are taking the time and questioning this. Not just taking one persons (doctor) word for it. Things change, doctors are NOT always right and research is definately NOT always right!!!
    WHat is sad is that to even get people to stand up and just THINK about not vaxxing is HAS to be 'outragious' as you say.
    Just a reminder, I have posted this in the pro vax section.

The post you quoted was to do with being sick of anti vaxxers claiming pro vaxxers don't do their research, and you have just come and done exactly that by insinuating that pro vax people simply take their doctors word as reason to vax. I, and many others on this thread, have indeed done our research, thanks very much. Like others on this thread, I have read more than I care to admit on the subject and resent the implication that we blindly follow a doctor. Research is not always right, but in the case of vaccines, studies have been done over many years and replicated ad nauseum to show the safety and efficacy of vaccines. I do t see how so many studies, so much evidence and data from research will suddenly become wrong. To suggest it will would mean every single study has flawed methodology, which is very unlikely.

Did you read the article this thread is about? People are angry at this woman because her extreme views are bl00dy well dangerous. Whooping cough is a breeze, measles is good for you, vaccines dont work and rotavirus can be instantly cured by homeopathy! If she has even one family believing this, she is potentially putting their children's lives at risk!

And just to answer your question, I don't think questioning things is a bad thing at all. What I do think is bad is when people base their decisions on wrong information like this woman is publishing or on lies put online by the AVN or natural news or mercola. Years of peer reviewed study shows vaccines are safe and effective for the vast majority of people. Anyone claiming otherwise at a professional level is lying. And that, IMO, is outrageous, because it puts our communities at risk.
    Last edited by Atropos; 15-05-2013 at 10:07.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (15-05-2013),Anjalee  (15-05-2013),beebs  (15-05-2013),Chippa  (15-05-2013),cocosmum  (15-05-2013),jellybeanicecream  (15-05-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (15-05-2013),smallpotatoes  (15-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel stupider for reading that article.
    She makes my brain hurt.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but really - REALLY?? What do you do with someone like that!?!?
    (**shakes head**)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-05-2013),risfaerie  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post

The post you quoted was to do with being sick of anti vaxxers claiming pro vaxxers don't do their research, and you have just come and done exactly that by insinuating that pro vax people simply take their doctors word as reason to vax. I, and many others on this thread, have indeed done our research, thanks very much. Like others on this thread, I have read more than I care to admit on the subject and resent the implication that we blindly follow a doctor. Research is not always right, but in the case of vaccines, studies have been done over many years and replicated ad nauseum to show the safety and efficacy of vaccines. I do t see how so many studies, so much evidence and data from research will suddenly become wrong. To suggest it will would mean every single study has flawed methodology, which is very unlikely.

Did you read the article this thread is about? People are angry at this woman because her extreme views are bl00dy well dangerous. Whooping cough is a breeze, measles is good for you, vaccines dont work and rotavirus can be instantly cured by homeopathy! If she has even one family believing this, she is potentially putting their children's lives at risk!

And just to answer your question, I don't think questioning things is a bad thing at all. What I do think is bad is when people base their decisions on wrong information like this woman is publishing or on lies put online by the AVN or natural news or mercola. Years of peer reviewed study shows vaccines are safe and effective for the vast majority of people. Anyone claiming otherwise at a professional level is lying. And that, IMO, is outrageous, because it puts our communities at risk.
    Sorry I didn't see it was in the por vax section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    I could say the same for pro vaxers in the may they speak, abuse and ridicule anti-vaxers. I believe this decision is never made on a whim. Pro AND anti, we have all thought, researched and made a decision that we think is best. Ever think that MAYBE, just maybe its actually a good thing that we (anti-vaxers) are taking the time and questioning this. Not just taking one persons (doctor) word for it. Things change, doctors are NOT always right and research is definately NOT always right!!!
    WHat is sad is that to even get people to stand up and just THINK about not vaxxing is HAS to be 'outragious' as you say.
    I know this isn't the debate it section, but if I may reply...

It is a misapprehension that the medical and scientific community don't "question it". That's what research is all about, questioning the science and assessing the available evidence.

No, research and the medical community is not "always right". But science is and always has been self-correcting. It is (almost without exception) more scientific research that finds mistakes, not DIY Googlers.

Speaking generally (not personally), The real question is whether someone with absolutely no education, expertise or qualifications on a complex topic is really able to make an informed decision that contradicts the weight of educated, expert, qualified opinion on that particular topic.

We don't see laypeople read a book on how to fly a plane, then walk up to the cockpit to tell the pilot "you're doing it wrong". We don't see Jenny McCarthy Google "UB load tables", then tell the engineers that they've chosen the wrong size beam for their new bridge. Yet we are only too happy to read a book and a few blogs and then tell the scientific community that that they're wrong about immunology.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HazTechDad For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-05-2013),bumMum  (17-05-2013),Busy-Bee  (15-05-2013),Chippa  (15-05-2013),cocosmum  (15-05-2013),delirium  (15-05-2013),FearlessLeader  (15-05-2013),HollyGolightly81  (15-05-2013),Mkim  (15-05-2013),Renn  (15-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a total nut job, really hope patents have the sense not to listen to that nonsense.

I caught whooping cough about 3 years ago. A Breeze? I had that cough for 9 months and its a cough like no other. It's horribly exhausting and you literally cannot get a breath in and feel like you are choking. For months. I ended up getting pneumonia after the whooping cough my chest was so weak.

I just cannot Imagine how a baby with a tiny windpipe could handle that, it would be so awful and I can see how children die from it.

This topic really angers me.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 15-05-2013 at 11:55.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, exactly.

When the overwhelming evidence says something is right, then it usually is, think climate change.

What I find interesting is that most non vaxxer I know, are environmental and believe in climate change. Erm, right - so you believe the overwhelming majority of scientists and even quote said scientists re climate change. But you disagree with the overwhelming amount of scientists when it comes to vaccines. Either you believe in science and trust peer reviewed studies, or you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes crazy people are funny, but not this one.
    It would be wrong to hope that she gets a really nasty dose of rotavirus, wouldn't it?
    Or would it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by really old View Post
    Sometimes crazy people are funny, but not this one.
    It would be wrong to hope that she gets a really nasty dose of rotavirus, wouldn't it?
    Or would it?
    It would be interesting to see how the homeopathic cure went

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    She's an idiot. And anyone who takes advice on medical vaccinations from someone who doesn't have a medical degree is an idiot.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-05-2013),beebs  (16-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I want to cry for all the babies/children of thr people that will no doubt think she is a genius and knows more than any scientist... ever. F-n dimwit.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app