+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Labour, not in the town your booked in to

What happens if you go into full blown labour, out of town (4+ hours away from the hospital you have been booked into)

Do they tell you to rush home?
    Let you have your baby 4+ hour away from home?

The reason I ask is, I'm heading out of town (4+ hours away) 10 days before my due date, for autism testing for my son, this is my second child and I have a feeling this one may be early, my son was actually born in the hospital in the town I'm visiting, 2 years ago. But I have Moved towns since then and I am booked in to my local hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'd just go to your nearest hospital and depending on how you're progressing they could keep you there or transfer you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My situation was a bit different, I was booked in 4 hours from home, it was the nearest high risk centre. I stayed with Mum who luckily lived near the hospital until it came time to book in (I ended up staying away from home for a few weeks).
    In your situation I would probably just let both hospitals know your schedual just in case your Bub comes early. It's way better than rushing around while you're in labour

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I'm 25+4 and my book in appointment at my local hospital is on Monday, so when I book in I will mention it to the midwife, and see what she suggests.

I guess either way at least there is a hospital in the town I'm visiting, I'm sure they won't let me give birth on the streets haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you book in at both hospitals. My friend was booked in at 2 hospitals as she moved close to the end of the pregnancy and there was a possibility she mightn't have been able to get to her original hospital. That way both hospitals had all her records and pregnancy history.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You don't need to book into both hospitals.

Book into the one that you'll be having your pregnancy care and will mostly be having your baby at.

Take your handheld record with you when you go away, so the important information is quickly on hand.

If you go into labour in the other town, present to the hospital and they'll contact your home hospital and have your records faxed through.