+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Usually they will ask you to eliminate milk (dairy) from the diet to see if you notice any difference or they can do a skin prick or blood test, hope you get some answers soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your poor lil bub. Its not nice seeing them in pain from nappy rash. My dd (15 months) has had a few bouts of these bad nappies now and ive noticed with her its connected to teething. Her front teeth came through fine but the molars & now eye teeth are causing these bad numbers two's and horrible rashes. I just lather zinc cream on & it tends to help. Hope you find out whats causing it soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She may have picked up a tummy bug. Diarrhea can be acidic and burns the skin. Adding bi-carb to bath water is soothing for a sore bottom as well as a thick layer of bepanthen or similiar.

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think its a tummy bug. Thinking back, this is the fourth & definately the worst bout of "acid poo" in about a month.
    What confuses me though, is that if its a milk intolerance, that she showed no symptoms when drinking formula. Would it just be that the formula is easier to digest perhaps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 8 month old daughter has this and she has a cows milk and soy milk allergy.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My boys have had this a number of times over the years for all different reasons. Teething is a big one.

Firstly- STOP using ANY soap or wipes on her bottom. Do not use wipes on her. They are the absolute worst thing for raw bottoms.

Instead- give her a nice warm water wash thoroughly after every poo. I used the laundry tub, or the kitchen sink.

Secondly- get a good cream. I actually found that Savlon worked really well for Lysander- so that on first followed by the Cursah powder with zinc in it.

Thirdly- Try to let her stay out of nappies as much as you can. Lots of nappy free time, playing in the sun

And try to make sure she is drinking lots of water and limit the amount of citrus fruits if she's eating those.

Good luck. It is absolutely horrible when they have such sore bottoms. Poor baby.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Snooze  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use to care for a little girl who had symptoms like this, it ended up being celiac disease. She would occasionally vomit as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    I don't think its a tummy bug. Thinking back, this is the fourth & definately the worst bout of "acid poo" in about a month.
    What confuses me though, is that if its a milk intolerance, that she showed no symptoms when drinking formula. Would it just be that the formula is easier to digest perhaps?
    Cows milk is much tougher on a baby's digestive system than formula plus I think the formula has had the protein and sugars broken down into a digestible form

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written this about my DD a few months ago. Turns out too much cows milk (she can tolerate a little, maybe 50mls every few days, no more) and also grapes. Too acidic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well last night was horrible. She pood several times during the night, each time screaming in pain from the rash. Then more poo again this morning. Were off to the doctors today, lunchtime appointment. Hope we can work this one out quickly!