+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex mil is quite the opposite, even though she lives interstate, she makes the effort to come over to SA every year and visit me n ds, she loves spending a week with us and she spoils ds rotten. She was over here last month in the school holidays and she n ds shared a room, (he has bunk beds) and she enjoyed sharing with ds.

My ex fil hasn't made an effort with ds at all and it's his loss. Ex fil never liked me at all we never got along. He even scowled in our wedding pictures, as he disliked me so much.

"Oh, well I never, was there ever a cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffelees"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you've done the right thing, maybe she could come and visit you if you don't want to go on the weekend?

I get an email from ex-mil for my DDs birthday and Christmas, she sends a present too but hasn't asked to see DD. I think she's seen her once in 18months. Sad really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It was made clear to me that my IL's had gained a daughter and lost a son, so I am very lucky there.
    As for you op, I would've suggested ringing as you've done. I would go to the party, it's a good way of letting them know that you don't hate them and you are willing to keep up contact. Which is a) a nice thing to do, and b) can come in handy for you in terms of extra support.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone. i am taking the kids to the party. im very nervous about it but i have to do this at some stage. i am damned if i do and damned if i dont. so i will go.

i have told my mil is angry with me. im not sure why. i guess i will find out tomorrow.

thanks again everyone x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to free_babe5 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-05-2013)