+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Thank-you darling Emski!!! I promise to report back asap with all the gory details I hope this gets us over the line too...am doing a completely new protocol with this cycle as well (AACEP Protocol+Saizen, which I've already started but the full on stimming part begins as soon as AF show's up after I've had these procedures done...I'll be on CD17 on Monday) when for the last 3 stim cycles I've done the long down reg (Yay!! No Synarel this time) It works for us as we're pretty much at the end of the road here...running out of time and money....Good luck to you too girl.....stay tuned for an update Tues sometime.......
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    please be our brave warrior and report back, I have a sneaking suspicion I may need something along these lines so will be very interested in hearing how you went. All the best for Monday, I hope this is what gets you over the line to a BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Congrat's to you on your BFP Lillac!!! Is great to read another success story....I spoke with the FN late yesterday afternoon and she told me that she's allowed 30 mins for the procedures to be done (but I should allow 1 hr in case my FS is running late) and that I'll prob have some cramping,spotting for a day or so after and that AF shouldn't be late, but could be lighter than I normally experience and providing I'm feeling ok afterwards, I can go straight home...no need to hang around.... Have organised DP to pick me up after he finishes work at 3.30pm, so will chill out with a cuppa downstairs where we go to have our bloods done (free coffee, tea, bikkies etc) Yes, my FS said its meant to help with endometrial receptivity and aid embryo implantation which is the reason he wants me to do it.....I'll try anything (within reason) once!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillac View Post
    I had an Endo biopsy "scratch" in the cycle prior to a natural FET cycle. It took a few minutes at my FS clinic . Yes it was painful but I didn't last long. I just took 2 panadols.
    It worked- I fell pregnant during the FET cycle . My 3 previous cycles bfn .

I really recommend it- it's easy and is supposed to increase implantation due to increased blood flow to the uterus.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 18-05-2013 at 12:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BinB ! GL with your scratch. Hope it's a success and yes something this simple is worth a shot once because you never know it might get you over the line. 😀

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    *****TMI ALERT......TMI ALERT*****
    Hi All,
    Am back from having my procedure's done earlier this afternoon and thank Ch-er-is-t it's over!!! The procedures themselves took no more than about 20-odd minutes to perform and I must say it was interesting to observe what was happening on the monitor beside me....Before we began, I asked my FS (WDA) for some local anaesthetic to numb my cervix after explaining to him that it's agony for me to have my cervix dilated when I've had my ET in the past. He said he was going to give it to me anyway as it's par for the course when he performs these procedures. Receiving the local into my cervix wasn't too painful (he made me cough before he injected my cervix) but when he started to dilate my cervix, I damn near jumped out of the chair and he had to give me some more saying "I can see why there's a problem dilating the cervix and it's painful.....it's as tight as a fishes a r s e...." "Well, I did warn you" I replied. He said the reason for this is because of a) a small amount of scar tissue on my cervix from when I had a cone biopsy performed 16 yrs ago and b) because I've never had a child.....Anyhoo, after topping me up, my cervix was able to be dilated pain free

There was some pain associated with getting the instruments in place (I think he called it a "Christmas Tree"?) but that was bearable. Performing the Endometrial Scratch Biopsy was painful, quite painful in fact, but was over fairly quickly. The most pain I experienced was when the lipoidol solution was injected into my tubes......It felt like an internal pressure and inflation all in the area and all at the same time and it hurt but was thankfully all over within a few minutes. WDA was fantastic throughtout making sure I was ok and warning me when some of the particularly nasty parts of the procedures were coming up. There were even a few light hearted moments and a few laughs such as when he was performing a painful part of the procedure he said 'Are you ok?? Are we still friends??" to which I replied "Well, I haven't kicked you in the head yet, so yep, we're still friends"

Afterwards the lovely FN made me a cup of tea (God Bless her cotton socks) and put me in the meeting room to recover and then I was right to go downstairs and wait for DP to pick me up. I'm experiencing cramping that's similar to AF and bleeding that's more than spotting but less than a fully fledged AF if you know what I mean I'm also feeling tired and like I've been run over by a bus!!! LOL I'm confident the leftover Naprogesic tabs will be enough to control the cramping and think I'll be right by tomorrow but will give you all an update then. I hope everyone's travelling well and all is good in your part of the world. Ok, am off to finish my hot Milo and go for a lay down. Although I've made it to the other side relatively unscathed this is something I definitely don't want to experience again....once is quite enough thank-you very much!!!!

to us all and I'll be back tomorrow with an update

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-02-2016 at 06:42.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (21-07-2013),MrsPontipine  (20-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad it is over for you. One does have to have a sense of humour, particularly when undertaking fertility treatment! I think way too many people have seen my bits for one lifetime! Hope you feel better quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Little Ted

As I said to him at the beginning when I was undressing "This must be like Groundhog day for you... it must feel like opening the same present over and over, they're just wrapped differently" and he said "Yep, but they all tell a story....so what have you got for me today?? A Brazillian??" and I replied "Nope, I like a landing strip thanks very much...but I did paint my toenails for you" Yep, having a laugh really helps as does having a FS that has a fantastic sense of humour!! Thanks for your kind thoughts and words
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Glad it is over for you. One does have to have a sense of humour, particularly when undertaking fertility treatment! I think way too many people have seen my bits for one lifetime! Hope you feel better quickly
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-05-2013 at 12:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi All......

Just updating.....am feeling pretty good today all things considered. After posting yesterday evening, I had a heavier show of blood, but nothing too major. Now it's scaled right back to spotting and my cramps are all but gone. Internally in the pelvic region feels tender and sore but not to the point where I need to take any painkillers. Am still feeling tired but think that's more to do with the crappy night's sleep (yet again, thanks to side-effects of DHEA) rather than yesterday's procedures.

Now all that's left to do is wait for AF to come and then start on the second phase of my AACEP Protocol. The FN said AF shouldn't be delayed but may be lighter than normal (yep, can deal with that!!) Am on CD 18 today and AF usually rears her head on CD27/28. this works if all goes well with my cycle next month and we're lucky enough to have embryo's to transfer. Take care all........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the next phase BinB .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Mrs P and Twiglets....... Appreciate the support........Best of luck to the both of you too...... Will try to document my journey as best I can on the AACEP thread I started earlier. Again, it may help other ladies either now or in the future