+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15

Default Hysteroscopy, Lipiodol Flush @ Endometrial Scratch.......

Hi Everyone,
    My FS has booked me in on the 20th of this month to have an Hysteroscopy, Lipoidol Flush and Endometrial Scratch done. Although I have no issues with my "oven", my FS feel's these procedures will help with endometrial receptivity which will hopefully help our embryo's from our upcoming cycle implant better (providing all goes well with the cycle, of course)

Thanks to the myriad of pamphlets given to me, I totally understand how these procedures are to be performed but have no idea as to how long these procedures will take?? How painful will it be?? How much bleeding, cramping etc should I expect and for how long?? and did these procedures delay AF??? I've been told to take 2 Naprogesic tabs an hour beforehand (and a good slug of scotch if I like) and can also ask to have a local injected into my cervix as well (experience almost excrutiating pain when I have my cervix dialated, so will be more than happy to take up the offer!!!)

Am hoping to hear from any ladies out there who've had this procedure done....any hints, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.......
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post....... to you all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Bumping.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, but will bump again for you. (Have had tubes flushed and curette done during a lap years ago for infertility- but I don't know how similar the procedures are) Did get our BFP straight after with 100mg of clomiphene though.
    Hope you get a snug bug soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a "uterine pipelle" which I guess is the endometrial scratch. It took about 2 mins, Dr inserts something, does five swipes of the uterine lining and that's it. It didn't hurt, but I was given a sedative and 2 panadol (so that might be why)... I only had a few spots of blood and AF arrived on time. For me, the worst part was the sedative, it seemed to take away my normal abilities to be composed and I cried through the whole procedure (horribly emotional process this IVF journey)...

good luck, I hope it works for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks for your reply Little Ted Yes, from what I've read online and from other ladies here on BH, the procedure does seem to be successful for some....I don't think there's much any of us wouldn't do (within reason and as long as its financially viable) to get a sticky one!!! Can only give it a red, hot go and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    No, but will bump again for you. (Have had tubes flushed and curette done during a lap years ago for infertility- but I don't know how similar the procedures are) Did get our BFP straight after with 100mg of clomiphene though.
    Hope you get a snug bug soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Pilbara....appreciate your reply I don't think I'll be given a sedative as my FS is doing it in his rooms (although if he does happen to offer, I'll be taking it and anything else he's got going!!! LOL ) 2 mins for the endo scratch I can cope with!!! Yes, this IVF thing is totally emotional and I've done my fair share of crying since we began our journey this time last year.....usually at the most inconvenient times and places too!!! Mind you, it doesn't take much to get me started on a normal day!!! Seem to be getting worse the older I get as well Anyhoo, If I don't get any more replies on this thread, I'll come back after I've had the procedures done and give a rundown on the whole thing. May help some other ladies in the future....Wishing you all the best ...(oops, and you too Little Ted)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    I had a "uterine pipelle" which I guess is the endometrial scratch. It took about 2 mins, Dr inserts something, does five swipes of the uterine lining and that's it. It didn't hurt, but I was given a sedative and 2 panadol (so that might be why)... I only had a few spots of blood and AF arrived on time. For me, the worst part was the sedative, it seemed to take away my normal abilities to be composed and I cried through the whole procedure (horribly emotional process this IVF journey)...

good luck, I hope it works for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had that done during my IVF journey, although it was under general anaesthetic.

Recovery was quick, just a bit of cramping for the next day or so.

Worked a treat for me. I had a BFP (6 week M/C) the next cycle then a sticky the one after that resulting in my DD. I'd had no implantation at all for the 4 fresh and 1 frozen cycles previous to the procedure.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks for that Gizmo....It's really heartening for me to see that it's also worked for you too Congrat's to you and your DH God, how I wish it was going to be under a general anaesthetic!!! Will just have to suck it up and get over myself!!! Am booked in on Monday afternoon for the procedures, so all going well, will post a "blow by blow" description on Tues......(ok, maybe TMI there, but you get my drift) Appreciate your best wishes and thanks for replying
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    I had that done during my IVF journey, although it was under general anaesthetic.

Recovery was quick, just a bit of cramping for the next day or so.

Worked a treat for me. I had a BFP (6 week M/C) the next cycle then a sticky the one after that resulting in my DD. I'd had no implantation at all for the 4 fresh and 1 frozen cycles previous to the procedure.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    please be our brave warrior and report back, I have a sneaking suspicion I may need something along these lines so will be very interested in hearing how you went. All the best for Monday, I hope this is what gets you over the line to a BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an Endo biopsy "scratch" in the cycle prior to a natural FET cycle. It took a few minutes at my FS clinic . Yes it was painful but I didn't last long. I just took 2 panadols.
    It worked- I fell pregnant during the FET cycle . My 3 previous cycles bfn .

I really recommend it- it's easy and is supposed to increase implantation due to increased blood flow to the uterus.