+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our transfer today and out of our 2 frozen embryos one didn't defrost properly so they defrosted the other and transferred. That means we will have to go back for another stim cycle if this one doesn't stick. Fingers crossed it does, from the 4 that fertilised, 2 didn't make it and 1 didn't stick, so here's hoping this is the lucky one. So now in the 2ww... Thinking pregnant thoughts good luck everyone else!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesky14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bluesky wishing all the luck for this one to stick!!! My fingers are crossed for you x. When can do you test?

I'm on day 17 I think today. Went for a scan this morning and the lining is only 3mm so I think we will be waiting till next month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie looks like we might be cycling together next month!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you get a good result two souls!!
    I have BT on fri 21st, going to try acupuncture tomorrow, see if it helps. I am much more relaxed doing the natural cycle so that may help too. Just really want a BFP this time.
    Fingers crossed for us both xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies. I have just come across this thread, so thought I'd share my story & cheer you all on.

My husband has azoospermia (Sertoli cell only), which was a big shock to us, but we exhausted all options, he had the needle aspiration & a biopsy, and then later had the microdissection with Dr Golovsky. There was absolutely nothing to be found. Luckily he was not resistant to the idea of usinf donor sperm, but he didn't want to use a friend or family member who would be in our lives (even though he has 4 brothers).
    We were with IVFA and got all ducks in a row first - had planned the cycle, planned the surgery with Dr G, did the counselling & were waiting on the donor list. We made it to the top of the list in the knick of time & selected a donor we were happy with. On the day of my egg collection DH had his surgery, and Dr G didn't find anything, so they used the donor sperm with my eggs. It was very sad & I shed a tear, but DH had not got his hopes up so he would not be too disappointed. I fell pregnant on that first cycle! We were very happy & exceited. But unfortunately it all went wrong, with bleeding, and then I miscarried at 7 weeks.

The m/c took several weeks to resolve and my hormones to come down. We'd had no frosties from that first cycle, so went straight into another stim cycle. 2 were transferred & 1 frozen. No luck that time, or on the subsequent FET. By this time I'd started thinking about other options. We fond a donor ourselves (not someone involved in our lives - we did not know him, although we do now) - someone who had kids of his own & had also donated to a couple of other people successfully. We ensured he'd had thorough testing, and drew up a contract. Then proceeded to track for my ovulation & he would come over to our house, provide a sample, then leave & we would do artificial insemination. The old turkey baster method. Although actually using a syringe, NOT really a turkey baster. I believe it's quite common.
    Anyway, on the 5th attempt this way, it worked. And this one has stuck! I just had my 12 week scan yesterday & all is good. The donor is not going to be involved in our lives at all, but will make himself available in the future for the creation of siblings if we want.

Just wanted to wish you all luck & show you that this can work, and perhaps that there is a cheaper & less invasive way than IVF too, if it all gets a bit much. Also, my DH is super excited. It doesn't matter that it's donor - he couldn't be a more excited daddy-to-be. Our DH's are indeed princes among men for being secure enough to see the bigger picture, and not resist the donor idea.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Peonies.... I just love reading your story. Even though I have read and written backwards and forth to you for a long while, I never tire of your success story and how you got there. Always makes me very happy :-))

Two souls... very sorry that this month isn't working out for you. Yah, we will cycle together next month :-)) but you will be doing an FET, right? I should start injections about 7th July, depending on when AF turns up. She was 4 days late this month, so who knows? But not long now :-)) Excited about starting again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats peonies that's fabulous! Great to hear a positive story!
    I'm one week down in the 2ww now, BT next Friday. I have a busy weekend so it will go quickly but I'm sure next week will feel longer.

How are you twosouls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bluesky

Sorry I have been a little quiet of late...not much happening with me. I had a blood test today and me hormones haven't moved much since Friday. So back in tomorrow for another blood test and scan to check the lining. They said if it hasn't grown much they can give me some drugs to make it happen but I'm not keen on that. I'm at day 20 of my cycle and I think we should just right this one off and start at medicated FET next month....see what they say.

How are you doing in the 2ww???

12. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's no good two souls, maybe next month will be your month!

3 days left until BT and I'm getting my period early as well for that matter. Not due until sat. So thinking it didn't stick this time, but will get the BT and see for sure. You never know.

If it doesn't work we are out of frozen embryos so have to do another stim cycle. Starting to wonder how much we can really afford to keep trying but we will go again and hopefully get more eggs than 4 this time. Only tried 2 cycles but it certainly adds up doesn't it. This was supposed to be the easy part after all the **** we've been through in the past few yrs.

We might be both in July together after all! I hope you get to have your turn soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bluesky I hope your period doesn't show up. What makes you think it is on its way? I think I've asked you before but what support are you on after transfer?

I got my blood results from yesterday and my levels are still rising. So dr wants to so one more blood test tomorrow and if that doesn't show anything then that's definitely it!! I'm still worried if they do do a transfer that's its so late in my cycle it won't work. I'm sure I have a very short leutel phase so I'm expecting my period next week anyway....