+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! Congrats everyone, looks like we all are getting our happy endings! I have twin girls that just turned one, it is crazy in our house let me tell you. We used my husbands brother for the donor and after all the stress of Ivf, and making the decision to use a donor, and asking the donor, and freaking out about if we were making the right decision, followed by the anxiety and craziness of the twin pregnancy, I can't believe how much the reality of actually being a parent takes control and all that seems so long ago and so irrelevant now. I don't even think about it and we are one big happy family. Donor is great too, my husband is great. Had a few moments to begin with as expected but it's not weird and he is their dad and very hands on. Well he had to be as I don't have enough hands for the both of them! We decided to implant two embryos after 3 failed attempts and got lucky and they both stuck. Secretly i wanted twins as I knew my husband only wanted one and wouldn't go through the process again, and I wanted our baby to have a sibling to go through it all with like you guys said. We won't have anymore now but I still can't dispose of the 9 frozen embryos we have in storage. It has been so hard and I never imagined life after the baby, as I was so focused on getting pregnant and all the issues with using a donor. I never thought of reflux and colic and not sleeping and all that fun stuff. It really tests your marriage without adding the donor card in their also. But it is definitely all worth it, makes you want to have 10 more when they are so cute but give them back when they are both screaming at you. With all that's going on in the world I'm just glad I got my family and we are all safe and well. Biggest thing I'm worried about now is when to tell them! I don't want them to think its a secret and therefore bad but I don't want the world to know before them. But until they get a bit older we can just enjoy not thinking about it and cross that bridge later. Well just wanted to say hi and give an update. Good to hear from you all, glad everyone is doing well.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluesky14 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (19-05-2015),DeterminedOne  (19-05-2015),DJ Nette  (17-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bluesky, congrats on your little girls! I totally agree about how the reality of being a parent pushes all that beginning stuff to the back of your mind. We also used my husbands brother as donor as we were lucky enough for him to offer when he heard our situation. He is great also and so is my hubby and my little boy plays with his cousins and they love it. I also worry about when I'm going to tell and how, but I also think like you that I am just happy we are all well and happy and an amazing little family.
    Please keep us up to date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops. Sent too quick. Please everyone keep us up to date on their stories - I feel like I know you all and know that you all helped get me through some very tough times x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dgl For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking sperm donor

Hi I am looking to start a family and am seeking a sperm donor.

The issue I have with going through a clinic is that any future child conceived this way won't have access to the donor's information until they reach 18.

I would rather the meet a donor and open the opportunity for a relationship with any future children (in whatever capacity the donor feels comfortable) as I think these connections are very important to a child growing up.

I would welcome any contacts, advice, information, or details re support groups.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick drop in to say that my waters broke this morning at 2.15am. I had no pains until about half an hour later on the way to the hospital. At the hospital they hooked me up for monitoring and promptly told me my pains were contractions.... very surprised as they just seemed like period pains??? The contractions started at 2 minutes apart, then 5 mins, then 15 mins, then 30mins, then stopped!! Go figure!! Trust my body to do the opposite of what it's meant to.

Spent most of the day waiting for my ob to show up, who told us his plan - if baby girl doesn't come naturally overnight, then it's a c-section tomorrow (Mon) afternoon. He said, since my waters have broken, that it's too risky to give me the drugs for an induction for a natural birth. So she'll be born one way or other tomorrow at 36w 4d - bit earlier than we were expecting, but there you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, I can see this is a little bit of an old thread but thought Id ask anyway....

Im 41.5 - do you think IVF and IUI have same predictor of pregnancy? @MGC Bertie seems to have had better luck with IUI!!!!

We've been through two rounds of IVF using DH TESE sperm but its morphology isn't great and older too (he's 53)...Hes already got two kids and so its a possibility we use donor sperm...

Im wondering if I could use donor and just do IUI rather than IVF - do you think any FSs would do that?

Do you recommend any good clinics for donor sperm, Im based northern NSW so closest is Gold Coast, or Brisbane and flying to Sydney is easy too as have family there.

Thank you! And love seeing all the BFPs in this group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    Hello ladies, I can see this is a little bit of an old thread but thought Id ask anyway....

Im 41.5 - do you think IVF and IUI have same predictor of pregnancy? @MGC Bertie seems to have had better luck with IUI!!!!

We've been through two rounds of IVF using DH TESE sperm but its morphology isn't great and older too (he's 53)...Hes already got two kids and so its a possibility we use donor sperm...

Im wondering if I could use donor and just do IUI rather than IVF - do you think any FSs would do that?

Do you recommend any good clinics for donor sperm, Im based northern NSW so closest is Gold Coast, or Brisbane and flying to Sydney is easy too as have family there.

Thank you! And love seeing all the BFPs in this group.
    Sorry I'm going to be brutal. At 41.5 you don't have time to waste with IUI. Go straight to IVF.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (28-04-2016)