+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bertie, they have been lovely. I'm sure that they can't wait to get rid of me with those emails and phone calls lately!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, does anyone know any good sites to find sperm donors? I am wanting to do self insemination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know anything about self insemination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crystel.... sorry I really don't know anything about that either. Some women on here have done self-insemination, but they sourced their DS from known donors (e.g. friends, neighbours etc). However, I am pretty sure (not 100% but pretty sure), that you're allowed to advertise anywhere for DS, e.g. flyers on uni noticeboards, newspapers, online etc. However, I will say, that you're advised to get a lawyer (or someone like that) to draw up a contract to sign, to cover both parties. Plus, do make sure that the donor gives a sperm sample first for testing, before you just go and use it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have rang few clinics. No luck. Anyone know a clinic that allowed us to select on xytex/european sperm bank and import?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... Fertility First was importing from Xytex at the beginning of the year, but of course, I don't know if they're still doing that now. If you live in the US (not sure if you're just on holiday that it would be the same, as you need a postal address), you can just order from the sperm bank, it gets delivered by post to your home, and then you inseminate yourself!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Donor sperm

@MGCBertie: I did ring fertility first but I do not like the way they r doing it. You choose 3 donors with the preference. On the day of epu, they will try to give you your first choice. If that's not available, 2nd and then 3rd. If none of them available, u will choose again the day before the epu!!! And you know how specific we want the donor.

The whole business model here is so not transparent in oz. Every clinic wants to earn $. I told them straight out that what I am looking for before committing their lengthly process of doctor appt and then counselling and then fly over to meet in person before even commencing the cycle. No, I am not joking about the fly over part. No idea why they need that when they are already doing video skype consult for counselling. This is one of the QLD clinics. They don't even allow me to transfer our counselling session. I guess they just want more $ for them. In Vic, you need police check etc.

Some coordinators are nicer to reveal a bit more about their donor list. Some just say that we can't reveal more than this. This is all just gamble. Should I waste another 1 month + $$ to find out their donor list? Or just suck it up. If I would have to make a special trip oversea jut for using the exact donor who I select and ship direct, it isn't really a realistic option. We are looking at $8k+ for 2 IUI rounds and the success rate is so low. IVF is too expensive oversea ($16k). We had done 1 cycle of ivf without medicare here in australia ($17k) and thinking the $6k PR application is an investment for having medicare help for future IVF round. And we don't use the benefit but go oversea? We just don't have that kind of $ to burn. In fact, we only have $ for one round of ivf here in Australia and hopefully we get enough embies that we don't need another stim and we get a baby. It makes no sense to go oversea for it. If it is high success rate with IUI, we will go for it but if it fails, we have no more $ to do any more ivf. So how bad do we want that particular type of donor? The answer is probably not. We can't control the genetic make up anyway. We should spend more effort on upbringing.

But I wish the donor system here is a lot more transparent than controlling us around. After all, people like us don't want to be looking on donor sperms if we could. It is such a shame that the list is looking so pity atm. I guess I am just feeling dismay that I can't have dh child and now can't even have gene similar to him.
    Last edited by bbhope; 13-12-2014 at 19:23. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the help, I'll try writing up some flyers and will definitely get a contract and sperm tests. I don't want to get my hopes up on sperm that won't work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.... I just wanted to drop in quickly and say, you're not going to believe it but I am PREGNANT!!!!!! Yes, it's a BFP!!!! No, I'm not joking. My Hcg level is 150 (19dpo or 19dp when I had the IUI). My FS called me himself, and I knew by looking at the number that it was his desk and not the nurses (trust him to get to make the BFP calls and leave the nurses usually to make the BFN calls!!)

Anyhow, after he told me, all I could blurt out was, "Are you sure?" He says yes, but still all I say again is, "Are you actually sure?" Then I broke down crying, but thankfully I was at my Mum's so she did the rest of the talk with him (!!!). Strangely he said that my progesterone level is also 150, so she queried that both numbers were the same, but he just said that anything above 50 is good. I go for next BT on Monday. He did say, not to get too excited, as many people miscarry - I know that, but gee thanks!!

So what did I do different this time than the previous 12 failed IVF cycles? I didn't bother to eat pineapple core, I didn't do acupuncture, I didn't go for any exercise and have been a lazy bum, I ate soft cheese and I ate a lot of chocolate everyday for the whole two weeks!!! On the positives, I think having Intrallipids / IVIG over the past 6 months have built up in my system, my dosage of Dex was increased by half and by not having a transfer, there was no chance of my uterus going into a spasm, but rather the embryo found it's own place to implant.

And yes, I've been shaking my head all afternoon, as I really have no symptoms. I would have only have had a couple of slight twinges, no different to twinges that I get all the time, during a cycle or not, it's always the same. So there you go, no symptoms mean nothing.

I rang G to see what the next plan with Dr M is. She said he may increase some doses and will book in an IVIG, but it's been three hours so am thinking I'll have to call her again. I know the IVIG wouldn't be tomorrow (Sat) and more likely in a week, so probably won't fuss now until Monday when I know the level of the second BT.

Can't believe that I booked my 4 weeks long service leave for SA, have sent all those test results to CFC, have got my donor list down to a dozen, and now I don't need it (well, I guess, I'll see how I go). Probably still good to have a back-up plan! Not quite sure how I'm going to explain to work that I'm not going on "holiday" to SA now. Will have to find some good excuse for that!!

I just can't believe so many things about this BFP. But most importantly how I did 8 full stim cycles of my own (all those injections, invasive hospital EPUs etc) and 4 FETs using my sister's donor eggs (including counselling sessions for us all), and how do I get my first ever BFP???? Yes, by good ole' turkey basting (using anon donor sperm).

Thank you everyone who has given me such support and encouragement every step of the way. I know that I just have to take each day as it comes now, but I couldn't have done it without following everyone on here, making plans and giving ideas.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SpotTheOcelot  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Bertie!!! A massive congratulations!!!!! 👏👏👏👏
    I am so happy for you!!!! Some wonderful news after all this sadness in the world ❤️ my fingers are crossed for you and what a lovely Christmas gift xxxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-12-2014)