+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $100 on xytex site or fertility first? No point of paying and looking at the detailed profile if the clinic doesnt let u choose the donor directly from xytex site. Do they? IVFA imports (used to import?) from an US sperm bank and I looked it up and asked if I can select the donor there. They said no.

PM you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone tell me how to post

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Donorplease407: you just posted. Do you want to send private message? I think you need to have at least 5 posts to activate that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... ooh, to be honest I can't really remember, but I remember that I had to pay the $100 directly to Xytex on the internet. They then had certain codes showing the ones that could be imported to Australia, but the bit I can't remember is if I could chose any of those, or just ones from a list. Maybe someone with FF at the moment may be able to weigh in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... just thought I'd look up the donor sperm list that I was given from FF, which was back in Feb 2014, so consider that it may be completely different.

On their list there were:
    - 6 Australians - Serbian, Scottish, English, 2 x Maltese, Russian
    - 28 from the Xytex sperm bank (American) 15 of these we crossed out straight away as they were either darker skinned or dark hair (and both DH and I are fair skinned and fair haired). So that left 13 to look more closely at. Hope that helps?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if this is true. Did u actually know it right away if someone is the right donor? I found it difficult that when I give someone a second thought. The donor is gone right away. We aren't given any choice at the moment (one profile at a time) if that makes a different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... I don't know why they're only giving you one profile at a time to look at. That's never been the case with any of our picks, and we've chosen donors four times now over the past two years, each time there's been 20-30 on the list:
    - first time through IVFA (mixture of Aus and US donors) did 3 goes
    - second time through FF (a few Aus, but mostly through Xytex in the US) did 1 go
    - third time through IVFA (all Australians) did 1 go
    - fourth time through IVFA (mostly Australians, just 2-3 from the US) presently having a last go with that

No-one is ever really "right", but over time my DH and I have become less fussy about what is essential, so we don't even read the bits now about what their favourite foods are or what hobbies they like to do. We just look at physical characteristics, medical history, and DH thinks occupation/intelligence is important, so we look at that. Some are just so definitely not right, that ones that are OK, actually look good enough to snap up before someone else snaps them up.

Why are you only given one profile at a time? What have they said about that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    To clarify, i am not given one at the time but that's how we feel. I'll PM you the details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... I read your PM, but couldn't reply as it said that you inbox is full, so here's what I did type to you :-))

I don't know if it will do any good, but wondering if you have, or should, directly say to the IVFA donor co-ordinator that you're looking for a blonde sperm donor, and can't they somehow let you look at a couple of US profiles, and then import the one you want. IVFA get their US donors from a sperm agency, and just pick a couple now and then to supplement gaps in their Australian list, so maybe it would be worth calling IVFA and having a conversation of what can be done.

Even if you're not allowed to do that, then perhaps if you tell them what you're looking for, then they can pick one from the list and hopefully that will be as close as possible. It's definitely worth ringing or emailing them with this, and at least see what they say.