+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you only have 4 fertilise?? Or 4 collected? I'm really worried they are going to get to day 5 and none are going to be suitable to freeze....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both, only got 4 eggs and then all four fertilised but 1 stopped. So they froze 2 and transferred 1. I thought there would be a lot more but I guess everyone's different. Did they call you yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi they called. 11 have fertilised! I'm happy with that. Even the 3 frozen ones are showing signs of developing. She said they were pretty pleased with that. So now wait till a call on Thursday to see what's happening...I wish I was getting a transfer this week but oh well ill just have to wait till next month.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic!!! Hope they all grow well. Are you feeling ok?
    Hopefully time will go fast for you but you have plenty to hope for! Very happy for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again ladies!
    Didn't get a chance to read and write back last night.

Our story is: had a blighted ovum 6months before our wedding (well that's what they said it was at the time) so we assumed we wouldn't have any problems conceiving! Tired straight after the wedding. A year later and nothing had happened. We both had tests and mine came back fine, DHs didn't. So more waiting and more tests. There was the thought he was an undiagnosed coeliac and that might be the reason, so more waiting. Final shot was a cycle of IVF for me and an open biopsy for him. I had 16 eggs which were all mature and are now on ice. DH has arrested something or other. So no chance of him having kids. The same as Bluesky14, they can't tell us why. Could be he was born like that or it could have developed over time.

That was in Feb. We had a month off and then booked in all of the appointments to get the donor ball rolling. The wait here is 10-14 weeks. So sitting tight until we get the call. We are using an anon donor. DH has 2 brothers and would like the idea of using theirs and having a genetic link but he didn't want to ask and they didn't volunteer. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is in November, so has been going on for 2.5 years now.

It ha been such an emotional roller coaster, as u would have all experienced. The second counseling session changed everything for us. We talked about everything and came out excited about the future. I am so lucky to have my DH he is such a nice person and has handled all of this as well as could be expected. Our relationship has only gotten stronger. Getting through this has shown me that we can get through anything now. I may not be having his biological child but I almost love him more because of it. He is still giving me the greatest gift of all.

Sorry that was really long!! Just needed to get it all out!

Congrats twosouls for your 11!! That's great!

Good luck BlueSkys14! My fingers are crossed for you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NicErin For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've only got 2 more sleeps until the blood test at the end of the 2ww but have a sinking feeling my period might beat me to it. I know they say you can still get a period and be pregnant but it just takes me back to all those months ttc before we knew we had to do Ivf and getting my period and being disappointed. Am at work and just want to go home. But will soldier on and hopefully it's not what I think it is. Anyway we still have 2 frozen embryos to try again so will see what happens. Just really want some good news on Friday. Hope you both are having a good day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bluesky I hope it's not and maybe just a bit of early morning sickness????

NicErin your story sounds just like ours. Recently married, no known reason for azoo and going with anon donor. The waiting time will go so quickly. My DH has a brother as well who we never asked or did he offer. Looking back I'm glad he didn't. I hope you have as much luck as we did and fine a donor that's just perfect.

Doesn't this situation make you realise just how fabulous our DHs are? It takes a real man to accept something is wrong and to have the courage to have and raise a child that is not genetically his. I know a lot of men wouldn't be able to do this. Even my DHs father said he couldnt do it and would not want to do it. Our DHs are going to be excellent fathers. They are true men with the biggest hearts ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

AFM just at work today. Feeling still a little tender from the EPU. Waiting for the call tomorrow to see how our embies are doing x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

OptimisticAussie  (29-06-2013),peoniesarepretty  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you on any medication now in the 2ww Bluesky?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah progesterone pessaries, twice a day. I think I was just. A bit emotional before, felt much better after my hubby called to check on me and we spent the night snuggled on the lounge watching tv. One more day to go then the big news. Thanks for all you support, it really means a lot to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your phone call, hope they are all doing well