+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh... Bertie, was your ANA tested high? Bummer that I cant do the biopsy in 3 weeks time after eagerly waiting AF to arrive, which it did on time this month. Priv insurance prob again. Waiting for another month to hit our 12 months waiting period -- didnt know gynaecological issue is part of it (thought only ivf).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... my ANA was 80 titre, which is high, but not as high as some women have it in the hundreds. At least when your 12 months kicks in, a little pressure will be taken off for you.

AFM.... Unfortunately I was a BFN today - my number was 0.6. The nurse made particular mention of it, saying it proved that something started, but not for long. I don't know if that means that it must have started implanting (as surely that's how anything gets into the blood), or whether it just grew for a few days then gave up? So neither the donor sperm nor Dr M's immune treatment (intrallipids) were the magic cure we needed, so I guess now we'll have to presume it's old eggs problem. Next step is using my sister's eggs, so maybe the donor sperm and intrallipids will work with better/younger eggs??? I still feel quite devastated, but sort of at peace, knowing that I have done absolutely everything that I could. Now we move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, thinking of you. Does DrM find out the cause of you ANA positive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... no, Dr M doesn't know the cause on high ANA, it's just a case that it is high. He also told me last week that my results for DQ levels also came back high (those are apparently to do with implantation and lining). My sister's EPU went really well this morning. She got 10 eggs, and later in the day found out that 9 of them were mature, which we're over-the-moon about. They looked at my DH's sperm sample, but as always, nothing there, so used the anonymous donor sperm that we'd chosen. Now just have to wait until the morning to find out how many fertilise. I so hope the DS is good and does what it needs to, especially since my sister did such a good job producing nice little eggies :-)) I guess out of our hands now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been on here for a while... How did you go Bertie?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dgl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dgl... thanks for thinking of me. Unfortunately I got a BFN on a HPT this morning - 9dp5dt. Not entirely surprised, but had soooooo hoped that having my sister's donor eggs was going to be the breakthrough we needed. But it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Very sad, as I now just don't think it will happen for us, since donor eggs didn't work. Will POAS the next two days and then official BT is Monday.

We still have three of my sister's frosties, so will be looking at everything regarding implantation etc before doing an FET, even though I'm already doing Dr M's immune protocol with Intrallipids, aspirin, prednisolone and clexane (this is the third time using Dr M's protocol). It's obviously my body, rather than my previous "old eggs", which in a way, makes me feel a little more annoyed/sad in that my eggs may have been OK, but my body won't even let it start to implant. Will let you know if there's any exciting change tomorrow - trying to think positive :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah bugger Bertie. I really was hoping this was it. Hoping you had some better news today?

Does your sister have children of her own? It might not be something either of you wily consider but have you thought about surrogacy?

I'm keeping everything crossed for you that one of those 3 remaining frosties is the one. Lots of good vibes your way

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dgl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been thinking about surrogacy, but that's a bit down the track, plus I don't even know where to start - I think I would probably adopt, rather than surrogacy, as we are using both DE and DS anyhow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's true. Adoption was one of the first options on my list actually.. So many babies out there without mommies.... They are trying to make it easier for us too I heard on the news a few weeks ago.. I still think it's something I'd like to do if I can..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dgl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya dont even get my started about adoption. I am still pretty upset about the conversation i had with my mom. She said that she would support whatever decision i made but trying to dissuade me to adopt in the meantime. They need to get the parents for donor counseling as well. So many misconceptions.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Galea  (03-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (29-05-2014)