+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, we are back at the hotel. I am not in the right mind to talk just yet. Still a bit drowsy. Keep praying for us.

I just heard Colin Barnett on the news saying that they are loosing up the laws for domestic and international adoption. This is one big step up. More if they allow sperm bank in WA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dgl... that's great about the number to freeze!!! When's your preg BT?

AFM... Bloods today were 2200 and ultrasound showed 2 follicles ready to trigger (plus a couple of small ones not doing anything), so FS and I have decided to go ahead. I really am feeling that if we cancelled and stimmed again another month that we could be in this same boat. I kind of want to move on, so am happy to be going ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's good you're going ahead Bertie, I reckon if you've come this far, you have to give it a go! Otherwise you'd always wonder.

My BT is tomorrow. I did a bad thing and tested yesterday. And again today. I have no idea why. I didn't even think about it beforehand but on Wednesday I just got up and thought 'I'm going to test' so I did. They both came up positive. But I don't believe it at all due to having the trigger. So now I'm just angry at myself for not being patient. Just need to get to tomorrow afternoon. I don't feel any different, except so horribly bloated my clothes don't fit. So I'm thinking it's a false positive. Aargh. I really know how to make myself crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dgl... How did you go? I think it's perfectly reasonable to test at home. Especially if it's going to be a negative, it's always better to have that cry beforehand and pull yourself together before the official phonecall. As to a positive test, that's fabulous!! Yes, it may be a false positive, since our bodies are full of drugs, but at least that's hopeful. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM.... I had EPU this morning. As predicted they collected 4 eggs, 2 that turned out mature and were injected. DH gave a sperm sample, but the scientist called to say that they looked but wasn't any sperm, so no surprise there. They used the anon donor sperm, and said they found two nice sperm to use. They will call in the morning (Sat) to say if they fertilise overnight, so fingers crossed for a good party in the petri dish overnight :-)) If all is well, they will do a 3dt on Monday, as 5dt would be Xmas Day and they're closed then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god it's positive! I still can't believe it. I'm in shock. It feels completely surreal. Hoping this one sticks! Have next BT next Friday 27th. Seems like ages away, don't they generally do one sooner?

Glad they got a couple Bertie, and have everything crossed for you they fertilise. Keep us updated.

I'm really very bloated and my stomach hurts to hold it in even a bit. I'm hoping it passes soon as I'm so unbelievably uncomfortable. Have taken to sleeping on my back as I can't on my side..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dgl... CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP - that's absolutely fabulous!!!! I'm so excited for you - and of course, good news with donor sperm always makes me excited to think that the donor sperm will work for me too :-))

Once a week BTs for IVF patients seem about normal. Others on here have mentioned that you can go to your GP in the meantime and have one, as that helps them in the early weeks.

Interestingly, I was talking to a pregnant (not IVF) lady at work the other day, as she was stressing how she had her 7week scan and BT and doesn't have another one until 12 weeks. She's particularly stressing as her first baby was 6 weeks premmie. As I know IVF women seem to be going for BTs all the time, I fakingly innocently asked, "well, just ask to have another one?" She said she asked a couple of times and was told "no". I said she should tell them how stressed she is, and that she can't wait 5 weeks not knowing if the baby is still alive and growing inside her. That night she's worked herself into a frenzy and went to the ED at the local hospital in the middle of the night. Why didn't she just calmly go back to her GP in the daytime and demand it? So perhaps us IVF ladies have been through so much, that they don't blink giving us weekly BTs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dgl congratulations!!!! That is great news!!!! I know how you feel about the bloating I'm suffering as well, my ovaries are double the size they were while I was stimming, I haven't been doing my jeans up at work at all!

Bertie hope the transfer went well today x. Maybe even 1 for the freezer fx. At least Christmas might help keep those 2ww nerves on hold for a little bit.

Bbhope congrats on being pupo! How are you feeling?

Well I had my first scan last week. Was measuring 3 days behind but my dr tells me that is ok and it can catch up later. I do have a blood clot in there as well so no heavy exercise or lifting have to take it easy. I had some brown last weekend after doing some gardening so I think that must of disrupted it. They hope it will either be reobsorbed or come out in bleeding. So another scan in 2 weeks to see what's happening. But we had a heartbeat of 130bpm so happy with that. This is the most stressful time. I'm so worried about going back and there being no heartbeat and its stopped growing. I'm trying to stay calm and tell myself that 80% of people don't have a miscarriage so the numbers are on my side. I guess after all this ivf it's hard to just relax and let go.

Anyway Merry Christmas to you all and I hope Santa is good to you's ❤

8. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update.... well, turned up for transfer this morning and my FS had decided to do a double transfer for the first time. I was a bit surprised as he's always been against it for me, but a few factors weighed in to do it today. Firstly both day three embies were looking good - a 7ab and an 8ab, and he couldn't really say that one would fair better than the other. Secondly, as it is Xmas on day 5, they would have to freeze the second embie today at d3, and apparently d3 ones aren't as successful at thawing as d5 blastocyst ones. So a double transfer we did!

Have bought my Clexane and will start jabbing that tonight, along with pregyl tonight; days 3,6,9, and now up Prednisolone to 30. Will also go for a mid-way BT on Sat to check progesterone levels in case we need to adjust pessaries, so am happy with amount of follow-up. Preg BT not until 6 Jan, so just as well there's lots of Xmas activities between now and then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, a double transfer, that's exciting Bertie! And they sound like they were doing really well, good grades.
    Have everything crossed for you and hopefully the 2ww isn't too stressful. Lots of Xmas and new year activities should keep you occupied

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dgl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you doing Bertie?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dgl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-12-2013)