+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, i know many of u here from the other thread. I am not yet to the stage of using donor. Still waiting for that miracle to happen (ie finding some sperms). I hope u wont mind me jumping in to follow the thread. Thanks for the support on the other thread.

Congrats twosouls!!! So happy for u! Bertie, hope this is it. Dgl, good luck to u too (you r the lady from perth thread right? If i recall correctly.)

Hi sarzyjane, havent met u but so sorry to hear about the BFN. I am not sure how i would handle that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

sarzyjane80  (14-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bbhope, yes I'm on the Perth thread

Twosouls did you have your second BT?

Bertie, good luck for EPU.

I've been feeling pretty yucky yesterday. I'm so bloated and my tunny hurts so much. They don't really warn you how much it'll hurt after EPU. I've done a bit of reading on the net last couple of days sand if it wasn't for that id be feeling like my insides were trying to come out!

The good thing is so far the little critters are doing as they are supposed to. Hope they keep going that way.. I'll be having a 5dt on Wednesday. Do you ladies take a day off work for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dgl.... yes, I always have a day off for the transfer, but I know others on here who don't. With travelling it takes a good couple of hours out of the day, and then it's nice to just come home and relax. Thanks ladies for thinking of me. Not sure we're even going to get to EPU, as I went for my d6 BT this morning and my E2 came back really low at 108. Normally at this stage it's about 500, so it doesn't bode too well. FS says just to continue with the jabs and have another BT and first scan on Friday, and see if it picks up then. Of course, I'm a little in the dumps tonight, thinking of everything we've done this cycle, only to have me not respond to the drugs!! But there's nothing I can do, so will just try to keep myself occupied with end of year things!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie that sucks. Did they say why it might have dropped? I can imagine Friday seems ages away. How come you do a BT without a scan? I always had them together? But then this is my first cycle so I donor know much.

AFM, Well not so good news today unfortunately. Out of the 8, they all developed normally yesterday. But today when I rang, only 5 had divided and out of those only 4 were considered good grade
    I am still hoping for a transfer on Wednesday but I won't know for sure til tomorrow. Here's hoping our good ones keep going.
    I'm not keen to do another stim cycle soon. The injections were fine, but the last 2 days I have felt terrible after EPU! Don't think it's quite OHSS but I'm so bloated I actually look pregnant, and it's painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dgl.... it's not a case that my eostrogen levels dropped, but rather that I haven't responded to the meds, so they've never risen. In all my cycles (this is number 7!) I have always had just a BT early on (about d5 or d6) and then combined BT and internal scans every two days after that, once the follicles start doing things.

Your numbers from EPU sound about right - unfortunately you lose a percentage at each step of the way, hence why everyone hopes to start with at least 5 or 6. 8 eggs at EPU fertilised, 5 dividing normally, by the time you transfer you will have 2 or 3 ones spot on. That sound about normal attrition rate. Might be more or might be less. Some women are then lucky to have something to freeze, but many, like me, don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your BT today Bertie, hope it's good news. Sending good vibes your way.

Thanks for the info it makes me feel a bit better for losing so many on the way. I'm supposed to go in for my transfer this morning. 4 were still 'doing ok' yesterday but she didn't sound too enthusiastic so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get a call on the way in to the clinic or something to cancel! I've heard that happens a bit to some ladies on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck dgl. Very good to have that high number to start with. It will be difficult decision time for us.

Bertie good luck to u too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bbhope! You get to hear my news twice today.

Have had our transfer this morning on day 5 - so just the long wait now. Have promised to try and not read too much into everything especially since I'm on the progesterone. Just need to get through this next couple of weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dgl View Post
    Thanks bbhope! You get to hear my news twice today.

Have had our transfer this morning on day 5 - so just the long wait now. Have promised to try and not read too much into everything especially since I'm on the progesterone. Just need to get through this next couple of weeks...
    Good luck on the tww. Hope u have extra to freeze.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had some surprisingly good news yesterday when I called the clinic - they got 5 to freeze!! I have no idea where that came from as we were hoping for 3 at a maximum. She said 4 were a day 5 freeze and 1 was day 6. I was pretty excited as that's way more than we were expecting. Now just keeping everything crossed that the one already in there beds down for 9 months!

Good luck bbhope.

Bertie, how did your blood test go?