+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay good luck two souls!! Fingers and toes crossed for you.
    I'm going to have another blood test today to check my levels are going up nicely. Then have an early scan in two weeks. I will be six weeks pregnant on Sunday but still doesn't feel real. I think it will when I have the scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Peonies... that's a brilliant tip of writing our own names in the copy box - I will definitely be doing that in future!!

TwoSouls....congrats on being pupo. I certainly hope this is the one :-)) At IVFA you get 3 goes with the same donor, before going back to the bottom of the list, and then you can chose a different donor or if the original one is still there, chose him again. I'm pretty sure you can't swap for your third go. You should double check though. Donor eggs / donor embryos are definitely in our long-term plan - there's a great thread on here about DE in South Africa, so it's worth having a look there and getting some ideas.

Blue Sky - 6 weeks - that's so exciting.

AFM... My FS emailed the other day to say he's not going to start me again straight away but wait a whole month to recover from the meds. He'd also like to give a pipette scratch a go, so will plan that in between now and starting the next cycle (apparently is done on day 21). Bit disappointed about not starting straight away, feeling time is running out, but at the same time, glad to be trying something different. The only thing is that I'll be back to work then, so am going to need to think of some good medical excuses when the time comes :-)
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 27-09-2013 at 19:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's another BFN for me. When will this be over????

Blood test tomorrow but heavy since 6dp5dt so pretty sure it's all over.

They say I should start thinking about donated eggs or embroys but not sure I'm ready for that just yet. Maybe one more time with a different donor?? We have an appointment with the dr in 2 weeks so see what she says....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TwoSouls... very sorry to hear that. This next cycle is supposed to be my last one with my own eggs, but now that it's almost here, I'm feeling that I still want to give my own eggs a couple more goes, so we'll see how it goes :-)) Don't let them push you into anything, especially when you've still got age on your side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bertie x

I'm not ready to give up on my eggs yet. Surely there must be one good egg left in me. I know my AMH level isn't great at 8 but there must be something they can do. Have you tried DHEA?? I'm thinking of asking her about trying that and also bee pollin and royal jelly.

I spoke to the donor coordinater and we can swap donors now if we want. The donor we have used has only had one successful pregnancy but the other two users have had failed attempts but have frozen embies left. I said we would wait to speak to the dr next week and see what she says. Maybe we should try one more time with this donor and if that doesn't work go back on the list while we maybe try the DHEA and see if it makes a difference? So many decisions...

How are you going? Waiting for your next cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Been reading your posts and it's great to find people in the same situation as us. Congratulations bluesky! Twosouls, Bertie, hang in there. It's not easy but there has to be a silver lining right?

A quick summary about us - we were trying for about 8 months, then we both got tested and DH got diagnosed with azoo. Lots of tests and weeks later we found there was no chance of using his sperm. We were lucky enough for his brother to offer to be a donor when he found out. He is married and has 3 of his own children. We are now in the last month of the 6 month cooling off period and we're hoping to have a cycle end of November. I'm so excited but also unbelievably nervous. It has been a long road to get here, and I'm scared to be too hopeful. Reading your stories has given me so much info I had no idea about for ivf, and I think just being able to 'talk' to people who are facing similar situations would help immensely. Somehow I don't think anyone who is not in this situation can truly understand.. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry two souls! It will happen soon. My fingers are still crossed. And if you end up getting an egg donor you will still have a family and that's the main thing. Big hugs, I know how you're feeling.

Dgl - are you not in NSW? We used my husbands brother as our donor and only had to wait 3 months for the quarantine period? I found it really hard to get around it all in my head but as soon as I was pregnant none of the things I was worried about matter anymore. It's just like none of that ever happened and its our baby.

Well we found out this week it's twins! Had a 7 week scan and both embryos we transferred worked. So it's been a bit crazy, but good crazy. I have been quite sick with morning sickness since week 6 and a lot of vomiting, but they say its worse with twins. Hopefully they both make it, the dr said its common for one to not make it to 12 weeks. But we are just thrilled and I just want to get past the sick part and enjoy it. It's like when I was sick with hyper stimulation but on and off and everyday. Anyway I know it's all worth it in the end. I will try and sick it up. Will keep you updated

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesky14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in wa and the wait here is 6 months. It has been a VERY long 6 months - still not over. I wanted to ask how you are/were about the while brother as donor situation. I also thought that I would be all over the place but as it comes closer, that part of the story becomes a lot less important!
    How exciting, twins! Hope they both make it. Our clinics policy is to only transfer one, which I'm a bit gutted about but think I need to give it a **** based on their recommendations first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blue congratulations!! Twins is wonderful news!! Your very lucky!! Are you starting to feel a bit better?

Dgl welcome and sorry to hear that you are in this situation. Exciting that you are getting closer to starting the next part of your journey. Good luck!

AFM nothing happening at all. Meeting our FS next week to see what our next step is 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we went and seen our FS yesterday. She doesn't know why it isn't working yet but is still hopefull that it will. She ordered a rang of blood test to check for clotting issues and i think killer cells? Im going back next week to get the uterine scratch as well. I also convinced her into letting me start taking DHEA so if this next round doesnt work then by the time we get back to the top of the donor list it would of kicked in. We added embroy glue too.

She seems to think it must be a egg issue that we arent getting any to the freezer. At my age she expects to see at least one or two make it. Hopefully the DHEA and CoQ10 will change that.

So now wait for the scratch next week and see what the results come back as

12. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-10-2013)