+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're better off doing a fresh cycle. Frozen sperm AND frozen eggs are not ideal starts for an embryo. Sperm fares better with freezing & thawing than eggs do though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They've said there is only about a 10% chance that it would work with frozen eggs and they were frozen due to a negative sperm search.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Binkee... I guess there are many factors to know before deciding what to do. Waiting 14 months or more for donor sperm would be a dreadful situation if age is a factor or you really want your family now. Can I ask how many eggs you had frozen? As others have said, frozen eggs have a very low thaw rate. Some FS don't even want to freeze eggs, so I think some will say that they'd rather you do a fresh stim with the precious donor sperm. Well worth starting makng enquiries and maybe some phone consults.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby and I are both 31 and would really love to have children sooner rather then later. I ended up having 6 eggs frozen. If I was to do another round would I have to do that in another state if we intended on getting donor sperm from another state?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Binkee just a quick note I had my eggs collected when my DH under went MTESE. They didn't find any sperm so they froze the 6 mature eggs I had. Once we found a donor we did a stim cycle and also had the eggs defrosted to be fertilised. Out of the 6, 3 survived the thaw. I was told one had made it to blastocyst stage but when I went in for transfer they said none did, bit of a mix up. Either way the success rate is not high to get eggs defrosted and fertilised. It ended it a BFN. My advice would be to do a stim as well as using your frozen eggs you don't want to waste a sperm sample!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well... went in for the BT and scan this morning, and the FN took about 20 minutes and could only find two little follicles (10+11). My regular FN wasn't there, as she normally has the whole scan done in about 3 minutes. So the FN went and got a second FN, who spent another 5-10 minutes, but could only find those two follies, plus some really tiny ones. FS rang this afternoon with bloods, and estrogen has gone down to 500, so it's obvious I've ovulated that big follicle, so it's all over. Thankfully I've read on Bubhub that that has happened before to others, but I quizzed him anyway - he said that it shouldn't happen but it sometimes does when you don't have many follicles but are pushing them hard with the meds. Considering this cycle was looking dodgy last week with not much happening, I'm surprisingly not upset that it was cancelled. I guess I'm sort of relieved that I didn't have to make a decision, and that the decision was made for me. At least my last go with this donor sperm can hopefully be put to better use next cycle.

Will see the FS next week, and should be able to start those lovely jabbings again in two weeks time when AF comes around again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh it's a sucky world we live in

so how would the process work if you were to get a donor from another state?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Binkee... I don't know exactly, but from what I do know, you can phone the clinic in the other state and ask for a phone consult. Once you've arranged that, get a referral from your GP, making sure that both you and your DH's names are on it. Fax or email the referral to the clinic in the other state. Write yourself a big list of questions to ask during the phone consult. The FS will probably get you to do a whole heap of BTs - either by giving you a list to take to your GP to do, or they will post the referral to you. If you get a chance to ever see a BT always write the name of your GP in the "copy to" box, as I've always found it easier to get copies of BT results from them then off the FS.

After all tests are done, you'll probably have another phone consult to plan the actual IVF cycle. Sometimes it's possible to get your meds and do some BTs and scans locally and just come over for the EPU and ET (needing just a week in the other state). Others have mentioned that they've found it easier to come over for a couple of weeks, and do all the BTs, scans, EPU and ET in that state. Depends often on finances, e.g. if you have friends or relatives to stay with, or if you are happy to stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks. Some people I know book a hotel right close to the EPU hospital, so they don't have transport issues when they're here.

Hope that helps?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Buffie  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even better, write your own address in the copy to field. And they should send you a copy of the BT results. My old GP did that for me so I didn't have to go back to see her just to get results on some things.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!! Letting you know I am now pupo with a blastocyst that was apparently a good 'looking one'. It hopefully is the 'one' as I have none in the freezer 😞 so out of the 5 that made it to day 3 and 2 were looking good on day 5 none were freezing quality. Not sure if its bad egg quality or sperm?? If this doesn't work I think we will look for a different donor. Bertie do you know how that works? Do we just get to look on the list and pick one??

If not maybe donated embryos or eggs are the answer?? We will see what the dr says.

Say a prayer for me!! 🙏