+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great twosouls! Did you end up going to prof Illingworth?
    He was really good this time, called me a few times when I was sick to check on me, even on a Sunday. Lucky my boss is so great too, I had to have a week off after the egg collection. FS said my ovaries were as big as grapefruits and were up near my ribs!
    Good luck with your transfer. I'm only on day 3, having BT next Tuesday then should transfer around 6th or 7th September. Using pregnyl this time instead of the pessaries, but 3 injections is better then pessaries twice a day for 2 weeks.
    Fingers crossed we both have a lucky cycle this time!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesky14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so. Everything is crossed for us x

We saw Dr Louise Fay. She was really nice. We were in there for about 30mins and she went over everything again and if we need to do a new cycle if this transfer doesn't work were right to go straight into it. She's going to change gonal f to some other drug I can't remember what, to try and shorten the stimulating stage to hopefully stop my progesterone from getting to high.

We are on for transfer on Tuesday. According to Dr Fay's files this last embroy came from a frozen egg from our first cycle. I was sure the scientist told me when the embryos were frozen that one was a frozen egg but at last transfer they said they came from all fresh eggs. So I'm not sure. She thinks it should have the same chance of working.

She's hopeful that this will work for us at some stage with me being 31. I pray she is right.

We're your 11 all at blastocyst stage??

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will happen.. For both of us. We have our age on our side.

Yeah they were all day 5, only 11 from 19 made it that far but that's heap more than last time. We are going to transfer 2 this time and use embryo glue to increase the chances.

Have you ever used pregnyl injections instead of pessaries?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you change any medication around to get that many to day 5?

I asked our new dr again of we can transfer 2 if we have to go again and it was a flat out no. I wish she would say yes!

I've only used pregnyl. Last time I had one the day before transfer and every third day so a total of 3 shots. This time I am having one tomorrow and blood test on Monday to see if we can transfer on Tuesday....

Thanks
    Reviews
    He pretty much doubled my doses to get more eggs as I only got 4 eggs the first cycle. Was good as I got more eggs but as I got ohss it wasn't fun at all. I probably wouldn't have that much again if we have to do egg collection cycle again. As for the fertilisation and growth I think it was just luck that 11 got that far. Just hoping they thaw ok, I would have liked to transfer before they were frozen but was too sick. Good luck for this week, I will be thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks xx

I've felt like crap today. My chest is sore and my head is feeling a bit stuffy...I hope I don't get sick!! I'd hate for them to cancel it 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're feeling better twosouls, did you get to transfer?? I hope you did

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bluesky yes feeling much better thanks.

We got to have the transfer! When he brought the emby up on the screen it looked a lot different from the first one. It looked as if it was grainy and very black. The dr didn't want to say what grade it was because he doesn't think it's important all that matters to him is that it's alive. So I don't have much faith that this is going to be the one. Have to wait and see. I've been a bit if a ***** to DH the last few days I think I'm just scared of another failure. It's so hard.

Anyway how have you been?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so hard, try and keep positive. All that matters is that you love it no matter what grade it started as.

I'm good, just having BT's every 2 days then will start the pregnyl and hopefully transfer next week fri or sat. Feeling much better both physically and emotionally/mentally now so hopefully that's a good sign. Was thinking of giving up when I was sick, it's amazing how you can feel so much better mentally when you are physically well.

Keep me updated and I will keep my fingers crossed for us both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Two souls... congrats on being PUPO!! I really don't think they (the FSs) can be sure what is going to make it and what isn't. My last two looked beautiful, nice and even etc but they still didn't do anything. It's hard not to worry every step of the way, but you'll know soon enough. Good luck :-))
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 31-08-2013 at 14:42.