+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks MGC. Having a c-sect. Two reasons, bub is breech (and has been in the exact same position for the last 12 weeks - we don't expect that to change) also I had a really difficult 2nd trimester where I was rushed to hospital 6 times and admitted 4 times, had 3 blood transfusions and an iron transfusion, so for me the risk of bleeding in labour is just too high, so the c is much more reassuring.

I know there will be no regrets and DH is already so wonderful about it all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJNette.... oh yes, you've had a bit of a time then. Glad it's all worked out, and you're nearly there now. I so look forward to hearing how you go, and seeing your beautiful baby for the first time :-))

AFM.... Our 4 little embies are still alive and kicking at day 3. Two are perfectly on track at 8 cells, one is OK at 6 cells, and one is being slow at 5 cells. All 4 were graded A, meaning that there's little fragmentation, so that's good news. We've had a couple get to day 3 before, but it's getting past to day 5 that is the problem, but the scientist said that seems to be many embryos problems. Anyhow, it's looking really good, so transfer is set for Monday morning. I think it will be a long 2 day wait til then :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie good luck for your transfer today x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosouls,,, thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I had my transfer this morning. I think the FS was hoping for a bit of a better result for Day 5 - he said they hadn't progressed that much, and though one of the 8 cells has become an "early blast", it didn't look like that any of the others would make it to freezing. Bit disappointing, as I was hoping the other 8 cell one would be good. But at least I had one to transfer. I then asked him, what exactly were the others at today, but he didn't seem to know exactly, and just seemed to want to get on with this one. Where are those scientists when you want one - they know all the numbers!! So I re-phrased, and asked "did they other ones stop growing?", to which he said, "no, they all moved on, but not greatly." I know none of them will be any good, but I am just curious to know that they didn't stop at Day 3, as it's happened in the past. Then as I've got my legs in the air, the scientist appears - not really the right time to be having a discussion!! Hehe. Afterwards, she said she will call tomorrow, to say if there was any to freeze, so I've written myself a post-it to ask her then.

Anyhow, I've had three transfers in total now from 5 cycles, and I thought I'd share the differences with you:
    - 1st - told to have an empty bladder, just like a pap smear, over and done and out
    - 2nd - told to have an empty bladder, the internal instrument thing hurt massively, so much that I almost fainted on the bed, I was in absolute agony and told the FS so, but he didn't seem worried, once it was out of me, the pain straight away went, I'm sure he had it in wrong, or at the least had pinched some bit of skin
    - 3rd (today) - same FS as 2nd transfer, but told to have a full bladder, just like a pap smear, no pain, but it took two goes, he gives the syringe thing (with the embryo) back to the scientist and she goes back to her room, he gets out the ultrasound, and then gets me, yes me, to hold the ultrasound probe on my tummy, scientist does the checking of name and DOB again, and comes back again. No problem, in it goes, and FS says, "can you see that blob, that's where it is?" Lol. All good. Well the 2WW has begun :-))

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Crafty mummy  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you. I've been reading how you've been going. That's pretty cool that one little guy was up for the transfer today

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybe mummy For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe Mummy... thanks for your thoughts. Now it's just a waiting game :-))

The scientist rang this morning to say that none of the other embies were good enough to freeze :-(( I would have love to have had one, but never mind, at least we got to transfer stage this time. Interestingly after day 3, the 6 cell embie never progressed, while the 5 cell one caught up and did became a morula. Apparently the other 8 cell also progressed a bit, but wasn't looking good. But it's good to know that I can get embryos to grow past day 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going???

I've been pretty quiet of late been busy hosting my sisters baby shower Im waiting on AF to arrive so i can start a medicated FET cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I got a BFN :-((
    Will probably only do one more cycle with my own eggs, as not even using anon donor sperm has done the trick.
    Sitting eating comfort food - charcoal chicken, chips and chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update from me..
    Our 3rd cycle went a bit pear shaped. I got ohss pretty bad and was too sick to transfer. They practically doubled my dose of injections and it worked as I got 20 eggs instead or 4 like I did the first time but was so sick I wouldn't wish it on anyone. So we cancelled the transfer and going to do a fet next cycle. We got 11x day 5 embryos frozen so that's heaps better than last time. FS says he will put me on pregnyl this time and use the embryo glue, and we are thinking of transferring 2 embys. Just hope I don't get sick again. The first two times I was fine but the third got me. Anyway I'm all good now and just started the 4th cycle so waiting until about day 20 or 21 for transfer. Fingers crossed 4th time lucky.

Twosouls - I hope the baby shower was ok for you. I have my sister in laws in a few weeks and I'm not looking forward to it. But we all deal with it don't we. Are you on your next cycle yet?

Good luck everyone, it's a long road but I'm sure there is a silver lining at the end!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bluesky nice to hear from you!! Wow 11 embies that is heaps!! I wish I got such good numbers like that. I really hope the 4th time is the lucky round for you x. So what day are you up to?

Baby shower was a great weekend. Long day though. I coped with it fine, funny enough things like that don't really bother me.

We are currently waiting in the waiting room to see a new dr. The dr we have now is good but I don't feel a connection with him so a change is needed.

I'm doing a medicated cycle to transfer out last emby. Hopefully will be triggering on Wednesday for transfer next Monday. Fingers crossed this is it for us x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-08-2013)