+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bluesky!! Weill ita BFN for me. Not a shock at all I have had AF since saturday. I had a feeling it was on its way last week so knew then it was all over. Skipping this month have a few social events that I cant afford to miss out on like my sisters baby shower So going to get stuck into it next month. We are thinking of swapping Dr's so that will be something pro active we will do.

How are you going?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Twosouls... very sorry to hear of your BFN. Have you used Pregnyl injections before? They apparently keep AF away, to give the embryo a chance to implement, so that AF doesn't come and muck it up. Might be something to consider for your next cycle.

AFM.... the jabbings this cycle have been fine, especially the Orgalutran, which I haven't had before. The nurse had initially freaked me out, saying that they would hurt heaps more than all the other types of injections I've had in previous cycles, and I better ice the area beforehand. I have never used ice for any injections, as I really don't like the idea of cold ice on my stomach - strange how I'm weird about that, more than an injection!! First Orgalutran injections - no ice, didn't feel a thing. I queried DH if he'd done it right, and checked the syringe, but yes, it's empty. I even asked him, maybe it just dribbled down my stomach!! Felt nothing, until about 2 minutes later, intense itching sensation - I resisted itching, but still it turned into a big pinkish welt the size of my palm, and continued being itchy for about 10-15 minutes, before subsiding. Last night's one the same, but not as itchy. But all in all, slightly annoyed that the nurse said it would hurt heaps, when it didn't hurt at all, not even a pin prick. Perhaps other people are different and it does hurt???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bertie. I was on pregnyl. They gave me a shot the day before the transfer because my hormones had dropped that much they were considering cancelling it. I had another 2 after that. AF stayed away till 2 days before BT so it would of had time to implant before then right?

That's great about injections not hurting. I have started icing for ones that are a syringe that I have to make up. It's probably all in my head but I have the mind frame that they hurt more. I'm determined to try them without ice next time and see if I can do it. What day are you on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosouls.... Yes, that should have been about right. I've been tracking my AF on each of my IVF cycles, and a couple of times it came too early, so that's why I insisted on something, as I'm sure I have a shorter luteral phase (or that it fluctuates). If nothing else, the pregnyl shots give piece of mind, it just means that you can't POAS, but that's nothing in the scheme of it.

Yes, the fear of any injections is what does it for me, so luckily I fear cold ice more than injections!! What I learnt, is that some of the sting of the injection is not the actual needle, but rather some of the alcohol wipe being pushed into your skin. A nurse told me to wipe the skin with the alcohol wipe and wait one minute for it to dry, before doing the injection. Since that time, I've not felt a sting, nothing. Or maybe my DH is particularly good at giving the injections :-))

I'm on Day 8 of injections today, have BT and first scan tomorrow (Day 9), so hopefully will get a good indication then how things are going. Bit of worry there will be no follicles and will all be a waste, but nothing I can do, except wait and see and hope. If all goes well, I estimate EPU probably next Friday. Which will be another hurdle, since trigger will be Wed night, and you guessed it, DH is off with clients to the State of Origin, so I'm going to have to find someone else to do my injections!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update.... Went this morning BT and ultrasound - went really well. Well, certainly much better than last cycle, so I'm quite happy. I have total of 9 follicles - 5x12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and FS rang to say hormones have gone from 500 (on Mon) to 3000 (today), which he's happy about. Nurse said to expect the top follicles to be lost, and will go for the bunch of 5x12, which I could tell myself (!! lol). Will have another BT + scan on Monday, before deciding if EPU will be Wed or Fri. If they grow normally, then the bunch of 5x12, would be size 18 (this is the lowest limit for triggering? but then could catch some of the bigger ones), or wait two more days, then they'd be size 22 (wouldn't that be almost at the upper limit? and the others would definitely be lost). Oh well, just have to wait and see what they look like on Monday, but otherwise I'm very happy with that :-))

The only thing that didn't go well, is that, even though I reminded the nurse on Monday that I would need more meds today, and I even watched her write it down on a post-it-note, you guessed it, there were no meds there!! So after the BT and scan, I had to do an extra 2 hours round trip to go to the main clinic to get them. This same thing had happened also in a previous cycle, and even with me reminding them to order in the meds, I'm still sitting here shaking my head.
    Just as well I am on holidays, and have the time to drive across Sydney :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update....EPU went well today - FS collected 7 eggs, of which 5 were mature and could be injected. DH did a sperm sample, but no surprises, nothing useable in there, so they used the anon donor sperm. I particularly quizzed the scientist on this, and she said that they choose the sperm with big heads and moving furiously. I knew that that was the case, but it's always reassuring to hear that they did do that:-) Double checked with the FS and I am going to use both the progesterone pessaries (morning and night), as well as the Prgenyl injections every three days, in order to keep AF at bay. So everything is going really well - I'm a little excited, as the result of having 5 injected with sperm is more than the last 4 cycles put together!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update.... toy boy donor sperm worked nicely - I have 4 embies that fertilised overnight!!! It's rather an incredible number for me, and I'm not sure about getting excited or not. Again, that's more fertilised this time than in the other four cycles put together! Trying to stay a little calm. The scientist said that they will still keep the fifth egg for the time being, just in case they missed seeing the window of fertilisation. As I'm having a 5 day transfer, they won't look again at them until Saturday morning to see how they're doing, which I really don't mind as it will give me some sanity time :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Bertie 4 embies is a great number!!! Im really praying that this is the cycle for you So is Monday your transfer day? I bet you can't wait till saturday to hear how many growing. I felt alot of relief using the pregnyl injections. Not worrying about AF showing up was one less thing to worry about.

ASFM Nothing much happening. Im tracking my own cycle this month to see when I ovulate and how short my leutal phase is. I really want to have chlomid for our next FET cycle to stop me from ovulating late. Im at day 14 now and no sign of it happening any time soon. I have my sisters baby shower next weekend so busy getting that organised.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Good luck MGC Bertie, fingers crossed that this is the one for you.

I used pregnyl once. Within an hour of my first shot I was painting the walls with my projectile vomiting. I avoided with every cycle since. For this successful cycle I was just on crinone and pessaries, three times a day. Something seemed to work anyone.

Good luck to everyone else on the thread.

Only two weeks til I meet my little one. Very scared and excited. Also a little worried, what will she look like? Did we chose the right donor? Probably a bit too late for any regrets now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosouls... yes, Monday is my transfer day. Yes, I'm itching to know how my embies are doing tomorrow (day 3). Surely we'll get something out of 4. I want to be super-excited about having 4 fertilised, but at the same time I feel really guarded. I guess that's natural now.

DJ Nette.... I so know how you feel. Last night I woke up panicing all about having a donor sperm baby, even though we've talked about it endlessly with the counsellor, DH, my Mum etc. Perhaps it was just the "middle of the night" over-reaction, as I'm sort of fine again in daylight!! The main thing I was going over and over in my head, is who exactly am I going to tell that the baby's from donor sperm. I know I've read lots of pros and cons about only telling who needs to know or telling everyone etc, but I haven't got my own plan sorted out yet. Considering the embryos are still in the petri dish, I shouldn't really be worrying about these things. Most of the time I've not worried, but I think it's just because there are actually some in the petri dish that I am thinking about those things now.

How massively exciting - only two weeks to go. Are you having a C-section or natural? I know there will be no regrets once you hold your baby in your arms, but I think it's perfectly understandably to be thinking things. Good luck xx