+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Donor sperm

Anyone else used donor sperm? We are in our first Ivf cycle and I wanted to chat with others who have used or are currently using donor sperm. It's been a long process to get to here but I know it will be worth it. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bluesky
    I'm currently in day 12 of injections for our round with donor sperm. It's been a heartbreaking journey to get here but we are so happy with the decision we have made. I just hope it all works out ok! Praying for a BFP surely we need to have some good luck soon!
    What clinic are you using?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi twosouls,
    We are using IVFA and they have been great throughout. We had our transfer yesterday and all good so far. This is our first attempt but feels like its taken so long to get here. I guess once you get your head around it it's not that bad. For us the Ivf part hasn't been the hard part it's dealing with the mental and emotional side of things. Are you using a known or unknown donor? Good luck with your cycle. I suggest having a couple of days off work for the egg collection if you can afford it to rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I'm new to all this forum stuff, what's BFP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi we are also using anon donor through IVFA. We picked out a donor about 5 weeks ago. The unknown is the hardest I find to deal with. I just don't like surprises and everything can change after one blood test I'm back in for another scan tomorrow so hopefully ill have a better idea how I'm travelling. A BFP is a big fat positive! I hope we all get one soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow, I'll cross my fingers for you. We are using a known donor, my husbands brother. I'm sure both ways are as hard as each other. But only someone going through it can really understand. Thanks for your reply lets hope for BFP's for sure!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's true only people in the situation can understand. That's great you have his brother my DH has one but he says he feels more comfortable with an anon donor so whatever his ok with. Does your DH has azoo as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we were trying for a while and both got tested. They found zero sperm in his sample, so he had a biopsy and still nothing. They couldn't explain it as he is very healthy, said he could have been born that way or had a knock that made things stop working. It has taken us 5 years to get to here and it has been a very long road. I went see a psychologist but he wouldn't come. It has been hard on him but I was happy to adopt or have anon donor or foster care but he would only do it if his brother was the donor. So we asked him and he was fine with it. He has his own baby girl and has been great. They would do anything for each other, but come from a very non-communicative family and aren't good with talking about their feelings. I just made him talk to me about it if he wasn't going to talk to anyone else. He now is ok with it, as much as you can be, but it took a few years to get to this point, but I didn't want to rush him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out the same way. We were only trying for about 6 months but just had a feeing something wasn't right but never expected this. I thought I wasn't ovualting regularly. We had the micro dissection done in February and picked a donor out in march and he we are...I had a scan today I had about 16 follies but only 9 over 10mm so they hope to maybe get about 6 eggs. I had 8 last time and 6 were mature so ill be a little disappointed to end up with less this time....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    great to find this thread. DH and I fly from Perth to Brisbane to see QFG on their donor program. DH sperm has chromosome abnormalities and we have to use a donor. Took 3 rounds of ivf to figure this out. Just completed ivf # 4 and got a BFN today. First time with donor sperm, transferred 2 embryos. Guttered to say the least.

we are off to Singapore for my birthday on Tuesday so we are going to discuss options then, hopefully move from the country back to Perth city and try ivf # 5 in August.

Best wishes for everyone. Hope you all get a BFP soon.