+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He works roughly around 60 hours give or take a week.
    Anew me we did negotiate they wanted to drop it by $11 per hour but then said they'd be able to take it to only 8$ an hour less if that meant he'd be more inclined I go full time. Sotho definitely are trying for him to go full time.

Maybe I should sit down ad work out a new budget based on what he would be earning at full time and see what I can cut back on etc and work out how much we could be putting towards savings etc. then talk with DH. He's the one that needs more convincing them me lol so maye seeing it written down will well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Yea see thats tough, my DH is in an industry that will never really die off, so work is always guaranteed to be around....

I think you need to weigh up how much the extra savings are worth to you. Like will doing contract for another 6 months mean owning your own house sooner? A lot sooner? Is the option there for another 6 month contract with them?

I dont think you sound greedy, that is a very significant pay dip if you were to do it, so even though you wouldnt be struggling its still a big decision to make!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sick days are a huge plus. If he gets sick he won't get paid anything and you can't control that. If he breaks his leg you could be out of pocket by heaps. I'd take the pay cut and choose security, but that's just me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Yea see thats tough, my DH is in an industry that will never really die off, so work is always guaranteed to be around....

I think you need to weigh up how much the extra savings are worth to you. Like will doing contract for another 6 months mean owning your own house sooner? A lot sooner? Is the option there for another 6 month contract with them?

I dont think you sound greedy, that is a very significant pay dip if you were to do it, so even though you wouldnt be struggling its still a big decision to make!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    They have offered him another 6 month contract i He doesn't want to accept they offer of a full time permanent position but have made it clear that if he were to choose another contract they couldn't and wouldn't guarantee another contract or position afterwards so thr another reason why we want to think it through.
    We do know that QB&C keep wanting him to I back to work for them they keep sending him direct job offers so tbh we don't have any concerns about him not being in work its just we quite like where we are ie in Townsville and the fact that e comes home ever night (with QB&C he was away all week ad only ever home on the weekend)

Ill rework a hypothetical budget see where we an cut back and be stricter an go from there. Have a big talk and wrk it what we will do

Thanks for all the replies its good to see what others would do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So I redid our budget had a big talk and we have decided to go full time

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    ** You know you're a mum when a trip to the bathroom involves an audience **

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

babycart  (15-05-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great that you both had a chat & decided on your future. All the best

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (15-05-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All the best for the future, I am glad that you have sorted it out

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks guys

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    ** You know you're a mum when a trip to the bathroom involves an audience **