+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BentzMumma View Post
    INTIMO!!!!! I used to buy bras from anywhere as long as they were cheap. I HATE bra shopping. Would never try them on. I was introduced to Intimo by a friend about 8 months ago and not only was I fitted (amazed at how wrong I was in regards to my size!!) but I also became a stylist! I now sell Intimo because of how AMAZING their stuff is! I'm not being all 'crazy sales lady' but host a party and take advantage of their generous benefits. You won't regret it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm not an Intimo sales rep and I second Intimo. My Intimo bras have literally lasted me since I got married 5 years ago. Great quality, reasonable price, and really nice! I should really look into having a party

Other than that, until recently I loved La Senza. Such a shame that they went bust in Australia. Really good quality, extra comfortable bras that fit nicely. You can still buy them online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys' I didn't realise myer had a bra fitting service so will try there again.
    I wish I could buy online but I really need to try them on.. Bough one only once for maternity an it wasn't that great but I wore it anyway.. Really want to throw all my wrong sized ones out and love off two or 3 decent ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As I said earlier I got fitted at Myer and bought 3 bras and today I was in Harris Scarfe and found the same bras marked down from $79.95 to $44.00 (it was a 2 pack). So I'd say get fitted then shop around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Figleaves (uk website)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's hard for me because I am a pain-in-the-bum size.

I'm a 12FF or G depending on brand. I don't want to hand over a small fortune on a bra, and I'm not keen on buying bras unless I can try them on first, as I find my bras like to "snuggle" each other, and a lot of bras in my cup size tend to want to pull them apart... and then they look weird because they still try and get close to each other and sit weirdly in the bra cups.

There are some brands at Myer that work well enough... and I can fit into an F-cup bra from Bras n Things... just. I spill a little over the cups, but I took what I could get at the time. I'm not someone who wants to spend $70+ on a bra, nor travel for hours for a specialty store that caters to larger cup sizes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    It's hard for me because I am a pain-in-the-bum size.

I'm a 12FF or G depending on brand. I don't want to hand over a small fortune on a bra, and I'm not keen on buying bras unless I can try them on first, as I find my bras like to "snuggle" each other, and a lot of bras in my cup size tend to want to pull them apart... and then they look weird because they still try and get close to each other and sit weirdly in the bra cups.

There are some brands at Myer that work well enough... and I can fit into an F-cup bra from Bras n Things... just. I spill a little over the cups, but I took what I could get at the time. I'm not someone who wants to spend $70+ on a bra, nor travel for hours for a specialty store that caters to larger cup sizes.
    That's an annoying size right??? I'm a 12E/F now but I used to be a 8 or 10H before I had breast reductions twice a few years ago.

I uses to find the size I wanted in Myer and then order from Figleaves or Bras and Honey in the UK. Same bras would be 30 pounds instead of $90.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went today to myer and then bras and things as that's all I really have locally!
    I tried on about 12 bras not exaggerating! And came home with 0.
    I thought I was a 10c turned out I was more a 12d or 10dd. Wierd so I tried 10dd and the straps made my back skin dig in so it was lumpy!
    Then the 12 d the cups were wierd I had gaps but the C was too small.
    So so annoying I hate bra shopping as it is I would rather walk in pick a bra and walk out but none were even close to being right. I asked a lady to help me at myer and she had no idea. At bras and things their bras were poor quality.

So now I'm going to a more boutique bra store to see what they can do for me. I can't believe some people love bra shopping.. Maybe if you fit the perfect size I don't know! But each brand seemed to be slightly diff in the cups.
    It used to be so easy before I had a baby.. Now my boobs are weirdos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sizes do differ in brands, in a Triumph bra I am a 12DD but in the Berlei Barely There bra I am a 12E. Hence I am reluctant to buy different brands on line before I have tried them on IRL.

What a bummer you got no help at Myer. I went to Myer Melbourne and the fitter was great, however if I went to our local Myer I know I would have been left to my own devices to find something myself.

hope you find something soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like bras n things - I've generally found the staff very helpful there in the past.

Myer has a great range, but I've found their staff aren't as willing/able to spend time helping you in the fitting rooms. If that's what you need of course, it's fine if you are confident with judging the fittings yourself.

I'm a 10E and I have a few Triumph t-shirt bras that are fantastic. When I last bought them they were around the $55.00 mark, but worth every cent (they're still kicking some 4-5 years later!).

I refuse to buy cheap and nasty bras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Sizes do differ in brands, in a Triumph bra I am a 12DD but in the Berlei Barely There bra I am a 12E. Hence I am reluctant to buy different brands on line before I have tried them on IRL.
    I've noticed Berlei cup sizes are consistently smaller