+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That article refers to measures taken in 2011. History is now showing something different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Oh please, re the public service. They need more people not less. I waited on the phone for 50 mins for centrelink the other day, forgot to ask another questions and waited 50 mins again. That is not good enough, and that is exactly what happens when you slash public service jobs. Then all the lib voters going around "wah wah, why do I have to wait an hour on the phone, wah, why does my fiance have to wait 10 months for my visa application to be approved, wah wah"

I am not saying that labor haven't done any wrong. But you can bet your bottom dollar that Abbott will be worse. Lets see how it all goes when workchoices comes in, then we can be just like America. Can't wait.

Not to mention- under a lib govt in NSW, they have allowed hunting in National parks - and even gun owners and clubs are against that! They are total idiots.

And, if that isn't bad enough, how anyone can justify a vote to Abbott I will never know, Turnbull - sure, yeah - I get how someone would vote for him. But Abbott??? Lights are on, but no one is home. And this is the person who is going to run the country.

Paul Bongiorno interviewing Tony Abbott - what a disgrace, what a total embarrassment - what is he, 5 years old????
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM</a>
    Well said! People say "don't vote for a person vote for a party" which I would generally accept but when they are such a despicable, embarrassing human being I refuse. Bring back Turnbull!

God, can you just imagine Abbott representing Australia at international events. Everyone will think we are a bunch of dumb **** cashed up bogans!! Cringe.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-05-2013),Mahjong  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Let's see -

NDIS part funded by medicare levy increase. WA not on board, but all other states are.

Lowest interest rates in decades

Low unemployment

Economic growth for 21 years

No recession during gfc or Asian financial crisis

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-0...uarter/4555882

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    That article refers to measures taken in 2011. History is now showing something different.
    Like what?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Like what?
    The second sentence is quite funny.

If Labor were spending at the same rate as the Coalition was then, the budget would be heading for a deficit of more than $20 billion in 2012-13, rather than a surplus of $3.5bn.
    This was an article from 2 years ago, but hit the numbers perfectly. A $20 billion dollar deficit! Great article to show how incompetent they have been.

Mr Costello held government spending to a real increase of 1.9 per cent a year in his first four budgets between 1996-97 and 1999-2000.

But his last seven budgets between 2001-02 and 2007-08 increased real spending by 3.3 per cent a year. In his final term, between 2005-06 and 2007-08, the figure was 3.6 per cent a year.
    Isn't that good? Increasing spending within your budget? Costello managed a surplus in each of his budgets despite the spending increases. I'm sorry, but I think that article further highlights how poor the current government has been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NDIS part funded by medicare levy increase. WA not on board, but all other states are.
    A fraction will be funded by the medicare levy increase. You are aware of how much this policy is going to cost aren't you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A fraction? 40% will be covered by the increase. It will cost $1 a day for an average worker. That's not that much to help out those less fortunate.

Australia is in good shape. You know we are so lucky to be here. Europe is a disaster.

http://theconversation.com/the-truth...t-levels-13245

Thanks
    Reviews
    A fraction? 40% will be covered by the increase. It will cost $1 a day for an average worker. That's not that much to help out those less fortunate.
    4/10 is a fraction.

As I said. It has not been funded. You can hardly say that the government has 'achieved' anything other than to partially fund a still relatively uncosted policy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Australia is in good shape. You know we are so lucky to be here. Europe is a disaster.
    Compared to Europe we are looking good. But that is not hard to do.
    We are lucky to be here, and you have the previous government to thank for putting us in such a good position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    4/10 is a fraction.

As I said. It has not been funded. You can hardly say that the government has 'achieved' anything other than to partially fund a still relatively uncosted policy.
    Well since it passed in parliament today with bipartisan support, and all the states signing up and agree to fund it as well, I would say it is not uncosted. Thankfully there are people who believe this is a worthy cause!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-05-2013)