+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well it's official. Another Labor deficit to add to the rest.
    This graphic needs to be updated to remove that tiny surplus that never happened.
    4660930-3x2-940x627.jpg
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/466...x2-940x627.jpg

For those that can't remember, the coalition took over Labor's debt in 1996. Labor were re-elected in 2007.

When was the last year that a Labor government delivered a surplus?
    Last edited by Father; 14-05-2013 at 19:56. Reason: added link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When was the last time there was a gfc? Of course, we are different, we are seperate, nothing that happens in the rest of the world impact us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When was the last year that a Labor government delivered a surplus?

1989. 24 years. I'm sorry, but the GFC cannot be an excuse to all the deficits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    See, that is the difference between you and me father. You look at deficits and that is the only thing you care about, money. It always boils down to money.

Whereas I see the good things that Labor have done. Paid parently leave - Libs had plenty of time to do it, didn't do it and now have put their own forward once it has already been done. Typical.

NDIS - helping those that need it the most. etc

Lets not forget that we still have a AAA rating - which we didn't have under libs.

You didn't answer my quesiton about boat people? What do you think should be done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    See, that is the difference between you and me father. You look at deficits and that is the only thing you care about, money. It always boils down to money.
    Well, this thread is all about money

Whereas I see the good things that Labor have done. Paid parently leave - Libs had plenty of time to do it, didn't do it and now have put their own forward once it has already been done. Typical.

NDIS - helping those that need it the most. etc

Lets not forget that we still have a AAA rating - which we didn't have under libs.
    We did have a AAA rating, your statement above is incorrect.

The NDIS has not been funded or implemented, so you could hardly say that it is a Labor achievement.

So you have PPL, and a AAA rating from a third source after 6 years in government. Is that all? Anything else?

You didn't answer my quesiton about boat people? What do you think should be done?
    I did not want the thread to go off topic. If you would like to start a thread about boat people, I will happily discuss it in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post

We did have a AAA rating, your statement above is incorrect.
    Let me rephrase, a Labor has never had anything less than a triple A rating, Libs have.

You guys were the ones who mentioned refugees in this thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would expect Labor to have a AAA rating when they inherit a surplus of 19 billion with no debt. Their starting point was fabulous. They are now leaving an 18 billion dollar deficit and we are 250 million in debt.

The health of our local economy rests on more than a AAA rating. The public service will be the first to go they've tipped 12,000 in Canberra to start, Labor bloats the public service to create jobs for it's members crippling the economy in the process, I witnessed it first hand. Bad economic management like this = loss to small and private business and loss of jobs. We're in trouble and it's not going to be pretty.

Fact - Labor's economic management is appalling, there's not a single commentator that I've heard on the radio, television or any media, left wing or right wing which has said anything other than how badly they have managed what they inherited.

Yes we've got new schools and lots of other shiny things, now we have to pay for it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh please, re the public service. They need more people not less. I waited on the phone for 50 mins for centrelink the other day, forgot to ask another questions and waited 50 mins again. That is not good enough, and that is exactly what happens when you slash public service jobs. Then all the lib voters going around "wah wah, why do I have to wait an hour on the phone, wah, why does my fiance have to wait 10 months for my visa application to be approved, wah wah"

I am not saying that labor haven't done any wrong. But you can bet your bottom dollar that Abbott will be worse. Lets see how it all goes when workchoices comes in, then we can be just like America. Can't wait.

Not to mention- under a lib govt in NSW, they have allowed hunting in National parks - and even gun owners and clubs are against that! They are total idiots.

And, if that isn't bad enough, how anyone can justify a vote to Abbott I will never know, Turnbull - sure, yeah - I get how someone would vote for him. But Abbott??? Lights are on, but no one is home. And this is the person who is going to run the country.

Paul Bongiorno interviewing Tony Abbott - what a disgrace, what a total embarrassment - what is he, 5 years old????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I would expect Labor to have a AAA rating when they inherit a surplus of 19 billion with no debt. Their starting point was fabulous. They are now leaving an 18 billion dollar deficit and we are 250 million in debt.

The health of our local economy rests on more than a AAA rating. The public service will be the first to go they've tipped 12,000 in Canberra to start, Labor bloats the public service to create jobs for it's members crippling the economy in the process, I witnessed it first hand. Bad economic management like this = loss to small and private business and loss of jobs. We're in trouble and it's not going to be pretty.

Fact - Labor's economic management is appalling, there's not a single commentator that I've heard on the radio, television or any media, left wing or right wing which has said anything other than how badly they have managed what they inherited.

Yes we've got new schools and lots of other shiny things, now we have to pay for it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

kw123  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/nation...-1226056371414

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh please, re the public service. They need more people not less. I waited on the phone for 50 mins for centrelink the other day, forgot to ask another questions and waited 50 mins again. That is not good enough, and that is exactly what happens when you slash public service jobs. Then all the lib voters going around "wah wah, why do I have to wait an hour on the phone, wah, why does my fiance have to wait 10 months for my visa application to be approved, wah wah"

I am not saying that labor haven't done any wrong. But you can bet your bottom dollar that Abbott will be worse. Lets see how it all goes when workchoices comes in, then we can be just like America. Can't wait.

Not to mention- under a lib govt in NSW, they have allowed hunting in National parks - and even gun owners and clubs are against that! They are total idiots.

And, if that isn't bad enough, how anyone can justify a vote to Abbott I will never know, Turnbull - sure, yeah - I get how someone would vote for him. But Abbott??? Lights are on, but no one is home. And this is the person who is going to run the country.

Paul Bongiorno interviewing Tony Abbott - what a disgrace, what a total embarrassment - what is he, 5 years old????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM
    They have to be able to pay for these people. I'm referring to federal beaurocratic jobs in Canberra. Which Labor knew back in 2011 that they would need to axe because they had put in over 20,000 more people when they came into office which they couldn't pay for.

I'm voting for the party and the policies not the leader - Abbott would not be my first choice but Labor is certainly not even a choice with this debacle.

You're right it will be worse, a lot worse, because of the shocking state of affairs things have been left in.