+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    And the ABC is unashamedly left wing.

We all know there is no unbiased media around at the moment.

How something is reported can change our perception of things, but it doesn't change facts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post

Yes I do agree....

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    And the ABC is unashamedly left wing.

How something is reported can change our perception of things, but it doesn't change facts.
    Err, what percentage of media does the ABC operate compared to Murdoch? What viewer percentage does the ABC have than Murdoch?

There is reporting facts and not reporting facts. What is not reported? What percentage of a newspaper or news is devoted to a story, what background information is provided or not, very importantly what language is used to describe the story. There is so much more to story telling and getting messages across than "reporting the facts". I remember watching a movie years ago, I think it was based on fact about the last woman in the UK who was sentenced to hang. She was made out in the media to be 'a fallen woman'. Many news stories about her stated that "she wore scarlet nail polish". Not "red nail polish" but "scarlet nail polish". How much more saucier does "scarlet" sound then "red"! I thought that was a wonderful example of the use of language to conjure emotion from readers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    F, what's the point in starting threads when by your history you have no regard for empirical evidence?
    What? The link has all the empirical evidence that you need. It has all the numbers that the Gillard government has thrown away.
    Your entire post was about me and Murdoch, when the thread was about Labor spending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Err, what percentage of media does the ABC operate compared to Murdoch? What viewer percentage does the ABC have than Murdoch?
    We all pay for the ABC, despite it only catering for a selected audience. We do not have a choice NOT to pay. People have the option whether or not they pay for a Murdoch product. That is the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one has yet talked about Waste No. 1.
    A $6.6 billion dollar blowout over 4 years due to failed border protection policies.
    It will be interesting to see what Swan does in the budget considering that there have already been nearly 9000 boat arrivals this year already. They had only budgeted for 450 a month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Yes but for what you've said to be true, it would have to be the same person in one thread saying cut the BB, and in another saying they can't now afford PHI.

I have seen those threads and know that those views are held by many, but not the same people in both threads? So the same poster saying keep the PHI but cut the BB? That's what I am saying.

I really hate the notion that high income earners are somehow inherently greedy, selfish people.

Not singling you out here Delirium - I mean on the Hub generally.
    In deliriums defence this could have been me. I can't remember specifically but it's possible.

I whinged about cuts to private health insurance rebates (makes having phi really not worth it for middle income earners. I pay $300+ per month now and still had a big mammoth bill of $7,00 when I have a kid in the private system. It's a rort.

And although I'm not for cutting the baby bonus "if $400 is going to mean the difference between making it or breaking it then perhaps you should rethink getting pregnant" sounds like something I would have said.

I'm not sure though, so don't shoot me yet!

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A little reminder for everyone to debate the topic ... not posters. I know we are all passionate about the topic, so lets keep the debate going, by not getting personal ... which will lead to the thread being closed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    In deliriums defence this could have been me. I can't remember specifically but it's possible.

I whinged about cuts to private health insurance rebates (makes having phi really not worth it for middle income earners. I pay $300+ per month now and still had a big mammoth bill of $7,00 when I have a kid in the private system. It's a rort.

And although I'm not for cutting the baby bonus "if $400 is going to mean the difference between making it or breaking it then perhaps you should rethink getting pregnant" sounds like something I would have said.

I'm not sure though, so don't shoot me yet!
    lol you didn't come to mind .... but if the boot fits hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What would you do re border protection. If you could I mean. Genuinely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    No one has yet talked about Waste No. 1.
    A $6.6 billion dollar blowout over 4 years due to failed border protection policies.
    It will be interesting to see what Swan does in the budget considering that there have already been nearly 9000 boat arrivals this year already. They had only budgeted for 450 a month!