+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Scaring, because everything you post is false data, re circing, re the environment. You post false information, and make people scared, even though it isn't true.
    The Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Government budget papers are 'false data'??? Can you please provide me an example of this 'false data' that I have posted?

Sigh. I actually found out recently that 97% of all peer reviewed climate studies show that we are causing global warming to speed up. 97% - but don't let science and facts ever stand in your way.
    John Cook at his finest. I'll re-activate the 'green con' thread to discuss this further.

Re politics - you have no balance in your views, whereas even I can see that the libs have some good things in their policies, you skim over anything good that Labor have ever done, you ignore everything that has been posted showing Lib deficits. etc. Out of sight out of mind.
    What has the current government done that is good?
    I don't agree with the Libs with everything. For example, their 'direct action' policy is a waste of money, and the PPL is too expensive for the current budget state and should be ditched.
    Which 'Lib deficits' are you referring?

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm guessing that the NDIS will come up as a good thing this government has done, however, I'd like more info regarding the NDIS and how it will be implemented, as the other day I saw that it won't be implemented in full until 2019, so potentially two government terms down the track.

I want to know who is covered (I know if you get a disability after 65 you aren't covered for instance), what appliances will be available.

I saw over the CAEP budget for a region for a good period of time, and implementing such a pool of money is a very tricky thing.

I definitely agree with an NDIS, but am worried about the lack of information which was made public before it was passed. Will it achieve the means that it sets out to do?

The NDIS was able to be passed without the liberals, the numbers were in the greens and independents, so something that I didn't like was the way in which it was sold to the public.

Other than the NDIS, I am still thinking of what may be thought of as a good thing which has been brought in during this government. You all know what I think of the MRRT and Carbon Tax.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Father  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How bout the rise in super, that is a good thing. Paid parentel leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Let me rephrase - you cherry pick. You cherry pick data all the time.

I have no idea who John Cook is - so I don't understand why that is amusing.

I put the libs defecit up a few pages back. Fraser's Deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    The Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Government budget papers are 'false data'??? Can you please provide me an example of this 'false data' that I have posted?

John Cook at his finest. I'll re-activate the 'green con' thread to discuss this further.

What has the current government done that is good?
    I don't agree with the Libs with everything. For example, their 'direct action' policy is a waste of money, and the PPL is too expensive for the current budget state and should be ditched.
    Which 'Lib deficits' are you referring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How bout the rise in super, that is a good thing. Paid parentel leave.
    Increased child care rebate, apologies to stolen generation and forced adoption victims, record low interest rates, low unemployment, growing economy for 21 years straight, no recession during gfc...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-05-2013),delirium  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Whatever you think about the school hall stuff, a lot of people in the building industry say that kept them afloat after the global down turn, there was about 6 weeks were there was no work at all until the govt brought that in.

I also think the insulation stuff was good, you can't blame the govt for people being idiots and not checking out companies that are doing work on their homes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me rephrase - you cherry pick. You cherry pick data all the time.

I have no idea who John Cook is - so I don't understand why that is amusing.

I put the libs defecit up a few pages back. Fraser's Deficit.
    John Cook was the author of the latest and greatest '97%' study that you mentioned.

Yes, the Fraser government had a deficit. Did he promise a surplus over a hundred times that year?
    You have looked over 3 decades in the past to find a Lib deficit to discuss? Is that cherry picking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also think the insulation stuff was good, you can't blame the govt for people being idiots and not checking out companies that are doing work on their homes.
    Yes you can. Were the people who lost their lives also idiots?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Increased child care rebate, apologies to stolen generation and forced adoption victims, record low interest rates, low unemployment, growing economy for 21 years straight, no recession during gfc...
    Did red tape drive the child care cost increase, that subsequently forced a rebate increase?
    They should not have said sorry to the 'stolen generation'.
    Happy with the interest rates. I hope they stay there.
    Same with the low unemployment.
    You can't say they were responsible for 21 years of growth. They have been in for 6 years.
    The GFC reaction is debatable. There initial stimulus was good, but the second batch was too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The one who got the job when he had absolutely no experience and then got electrocuted while doing that job? Hell yes, he was an idiot.

Honestly, who just lets people into their house to do work on it without making sure they are who they say they are. When the insulation people came knocking on our door, I looked up their website, saw they were registered and saw that they were a large company that had been aroud a long time. It really wasn't that difficult.

No no father, you are the cherry picker - by deliberately pretending like Libs never do anything wrong. I know that Labor has had deficits, I have never said otherwise. I posted that deficit because it was the truth, and yet you somehow try and deflect it back on me. Because that is what you always do. You are in the wrong line of work, you are fantastic at not answering questions, deflecting and only seeing what you want to see. You should have been a politician!

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Yes you can. Were the people who lost their lives also idiots?