+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh how simplistic, over-generalised statements take me back to year 11! How much easier it was back then when I could only see in black and white

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Some of their current policies when looked into beyond the surface are quite scary
    See I feel this way about many Liberal policies. And don't even get me starts on how I feel about Abbott being the prime minister.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The live export example simply reinforces to me that a Labor govt is more likely to listen to the public after the get up campaign. Libs will have to try harder than that to sway me, esp considering even John Howard isn't worried about the economy/spending.

I particularly like the cartoons with the TAX TAX TAX on their backs I guess they would never promise to not introduce a tax and then go ahead and do it anyway

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-05-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    At least the greens are up front about their policies and publish them ALL on their website.
    And seem to be the only party with an advertising strategy of "vote for us because we will do ABC" as opposed to the ALP and Libs whose strategy is "don't vote for them because they are evil and cr@p".

If only they could use this ad!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_jPNxRDeOk

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Benji  (16-05-2013),HappyBovinexx  (16-05-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-05-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    The live export example simply reinforces to me that a Labor govt is more likely to listen to the public after the get up campaign. Libs will have to try harder than that to sway me, esp considering even John Howard isn't worried about the economy/spending.
    I agree. Did I read it correctly that if the Abbott wins he is going to re-start live animal exports and apologise to Indonesia for it being stopped? See to me this is indicative of the Libs putting profit first regardless of the impact.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Benji  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    See I feel this way about many Liberal policies. And don't even get me starts on how I feel about Abbott being the prime minister.
    I cringe thinking of him as PM, and I cringe what the world will think of us that we elected a dude that dislikes women and has his foot firmly in his mouth every time he opens it. I saw something tonight about yet another comment he has made about 'not understanding women' in relation to a woman speaking out with a disabled child. Admittedly I came in late into it.... but someone stuff a sock in this man's mouth bc every time he opens it he offends someone!

I worry that the rest of the progressive world is going to see a man who doesn't respect women, is firmly against pro choice (thus not respecting women). Who makes comments about the death of soldiers as "sh*t happens* and the world is going to think geez I never realised the Aussies were so backward. His beliefs are becoming more and more like US republican. And look at where that got the US

FWIW I don't think voting lib makes you a selfish person. Some of the people in this thread and other political ones that are going on who vote lib, I admire greatly. I know they love their families, they care about others. They just see things differently to me... and that's ok
    Last edited by delirium; 16-05-2013 at 20:49.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I cringe thinking of him as PM, and I cringe what the world will think of us that we elected a dude that dislikes women and has his foot firmly in his mouth every time he opens it. I saw something tonight about yet another comment he has made about 'not understanding women' in relation to a woman speaking out with a disabled child. Admittedly I came in late into it.... but someone stuff a sock in this man's mouth bc every time he opens it he offends someone!

I worry that the rest of the progressive world is going to see a man who doesn't respect women, is firmly against pro choice (thus not respecting women). Who makes comments about the death of soldiers as "sh*t happens* and the world is going to think geez I never realised the Aussies were so backward. His beliefs are becoming more and more like US republican. And look at where that got the US

FWIW I don't think voting lib makes you a selfish person. Some of the people in this thread and other political ones that are going on who vote lib, I admire greatly. I know they love their families, they care about others. They just see things differently to me... and that's ok
    Yes, Abbott kind of has shades of George W.

Under a leader like Malcolm Turnbull, the liberals may have some more merit but not under Abbott. It shocks me that he has been able to retain that position for so long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes, despite me never agreeing with the core values of the libs, Turnbull would be ok. Can't stand Hockey. He is so arrogant and obnoxious

Thanks
    Reviews
    If Turnbull was the leader I would vote Liberal. But I can't in all good conscience (for me) vote for a party that allows that man to lead it.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will come back and later and detail more a bit later, but in basic terms the forefront is the idealism which sounds great on the surface, but the issue is details of how funding will pay for them.

Death duties is the first thing that comes to mind. (By the way - this isn't one that I worry about how they'll fund it, but it is one that will make a lot of people struggle financially when someone dies.)