+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The problem I've had is that Gillard has submitted policies (such as the carbon tax MRRT, etc) and before there's a chance to examine it, it becomes legislation.

We then see problems appear. Such as the gaping holes in the budget from the badly projected MRRT and carbon tax.

When the libs are in, they will be open to the same scrutiny. They dont have the books at the moment, so the point is moot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Sure I get that, but surely we want to see the Lib cards on the table? I get that elections are often won by hating the current govt, not so much loving the opposition... but other shadow leaders in both parties have had far more to offer in the way of policy at this stage being so close to the election.
    We'll get something from them but not this early I would imagine. If it were me I'd wait til much closer to the election. I guess we'll also know more once the budget reply is given.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    When the libs are in, they will be open to the same scrutiny. They dont have the books at the moment, so the point is moot.
    They have the budget so far, and really I don't see the new budget in early sept changing that much. We are in a hole, the libs know that. I would like to see some ideas of where they plan to recoup the money given they have said they are going to bring us back from the brink. Obviously exact figures would be a little while away.

I was never a fan of Howard, but honestly, Abbott is so well behind him as a leader.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-05-2013),Kirst33  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    We'll get something from them but not this early I would imagine. If it were me I'd wait til much closer to the election. I guess we'll also know more once the budget reply is given.
    True I guess I just want Abbott to be elected bc he has the best plan for the country, not as a knee jerk reaction to hating Gillard. And I know, that's politics... but I'm an idealist lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    True I guess I just want Abbott to be elected bc he has the best plan for the country, not as a knee jerk reaction to hating Gillard. And I know, that's politics... but I'm an idealist lol
    I agree. And I do think when Rudd won he had better policies, and WorkChoices was just a nail in the coffin. For all his faults I don't think Labor will get someone as smart as him again for a long time.

Swan has just lost his mojo big time. DH went to a lunch he spoke at years ago and said he was just genius. It's as is they've just given up even pretending anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I just remain ever hopeful that we'll see a massive swing to the Greens.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-05-2013),HappyBovinexx  (16-05-2013),Maybelline  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I agree. And I do think when Rudd won he had better policies, and WorkChoices was just a nail in the coffin. For all his faults I don't think Labor will get someone as smart as him again for a long time.

Swan has just lost his mojo big time. DH went to a lunch he spoke at years ago and said he was just genius. It's as is they've just given up even pretending anymore.
    Yes I'm still a Rudd supporter and was hoping so much he took power back when they had that spill. If he was still PM, I'm unsure if he would of won this election, but I dare say it would have been much closer at the polls.

And I tip a huge swing to Greens. Lefties like me, that simply won't vote lib but are unhappy with labor are going to be voting in droves for the greens I'm betting.
    Last edited by delirium; 16-05-2013 at 12:53.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If Abbott is Australia's next prime minister, Australians are no longer allowed to ever give an American sh*t about Bush.
    Last edited by Kirst33; 16-05-2013 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know, Bill Shorten is very smart, he is certainly smart enough to stay away from the leadership right now. They will implode, but when they start rebuilding I wouldn't be surprised if they put him up for leader of the party.

I vote greens usually, but now I am thinking perhaps I should vote labor because if all the labor supporters swing to green then they will go down even worse. I always vote greens in the upper house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just remain ever hopeful that we'll see a massive swing to the Greens.
    Just asking a hypothetical question here...I'd like to see a massive swing to the Greens too, but what would happen to the mining industry?
    I agree with most of their policies but mining is basically holding up the economy at the moment and I wonder sometimes when I hear people say they support the greens what would happen if they actually came to power.
    Sorry - off topic a bit!