+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One offs no I don't. Where I lived once had students above us and they literally lived on the balcony above our bedroom. Day and night it was voices, music, bottles coming over etc. I had enough called the police and called our real estate agent who by chance was there's too and they were issued a breach. I'm all for having a good time but constant noise isn't fair on others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For a once off I would ignore it unless it was insanly loud.

I did call over easter on some peole that just moved in, they put on the music at 10 at night and it woke dd1, I figured 10 was too late to start and it set bad precedent :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    After midnight, yes if I can hear it inside my house (and I have done so). I don't mind parties and can listen to clinking glasses and laughter all night - but music, especially bass, travels so music should go down at midnight in my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it was a once off party nope I would ignore it. Unless it sounded like violent/loads of teenagers drinking out on the road causing a nuisance etc....Our neighbours have a party every few months I just ignore it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did last Saturday. New neighbour's moved in and had a big party
    , street was full of cars,loud music but the thing that bothered me was every time someone left or arrived a bunch of them would come outside and drunkenly carry on and yell and talk at the top of their voices. At 1am I went out in my pjs and nicely said I am 37 weeks pregnant and have a young child and you are keeping us awake can you please keep it inside. Half an hour later DH went out and not so politely told them to shut the hell up.by 2am I had had enough and called the local police

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm tolerant till midnight .. then I change to a dibber dobber.

I have work .. and kids - and I do remember the days when I partied, but even then we respected the neighbours and turned the music down at 12 ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have once, back in Christchurch. It was the night before my medical biochemistry exam. They sent noise control first to my house to check out the sound with a wee digital thing, because it was over a certain volume (it was very very loud) they removed their stero. Apparently I was the third person to complain. Noise control was very good about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One off incident, no I wouldnt call the police. Regular occurrence I would, and have.

We used to live in a townhouse where we shared common walls with the neighbours on either side. A couple moved into the house next to us and on the very first night they turned their thumping music on about 11pm and it went until about 4am. Happened again the next night and we asked them to turn it down. Copped abuse from the woman. Happened about 4 times a week after that.

We would call the police at least once or twice a week, however it did kind of backfire because on the nights the police came, they would turn the music off, but run through their house banging pots and pans on the common walls and standing out the front of our block of 4 townhouses and scream absolute obscenities at us, challenge us to get outside and confront them. One night they started banging on all the doors of the townhouses. It was so so so scary. Thankfully they never knew which neighbour called the police because we were all doing it.

Eventually they were evicted after a particular dibber dobber...(might have been me) called the police to report the registration numbers of 5 different cars that had been parked in their carport over the past week. Turned out all 5 cars had been stolen (a couple were later found burnt out). With the help of the police, who went to the real estate agent on our behalf, they were finally evicted after 3 long months of living next to us. We had a party with the other owners the night they moved out.

We found out months later that both of them were believed to have been involved in a murder a few months before they moved in next to us .