+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gold Coast Primary Schools?????

Hi, I live in Robina and my daughter will be starting school in 2015 and i am so confused as to what school i want to send her too. I have been looking at Marymount Primary but as its Private I am not sure if it is now too late to put her name on the list and if i want to commit to a school that costs so much as i am not sure if we are going to go for more than 2 kids and the more kids the more expensive it gets. The other schools i have looked at are Robina State, Varsity College or Clover Hill State which is the catchment we are in. Can anyone give me some feed back on these schools?? I know Robina State accepts applications for children outside the catchment but it all depends on how many apply from the catchment for that year.
    Looking forward to some replies. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I have found myself in exactly the same position (my son starts in 2015 and we're also in Robina!). We've recently moved to Australia and also trying to wade through all the information and decide which is better.

I've been looking into schools in the Mudgereeba / Reedy Creek area and have some some really good feedback on Mudgereeba State School, Hillcrest and Gold Coast Christian College.
    I've also looked into the Queensland Independent College in Merrimac but haven't spoken to anyone as yet who has sent their children there.

Not sure that that helps but just throws more schools into the mix but worth looking into those as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have made enquiries at QIC. Seems like an amazing little school - low student numbers, which is soooo good. Also they have chickens and a vegie garden. Limited play equipment, but loads of space. I understand they also get very, very good scores on naplan and other testing regimes. I am hoping to send my daughter there in grade 2 - am very dis-satisfiled with her current state school.

I would also love to hear from anyone who has a child in QIC, before I commit funds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter started primary school at Marymount last year before we moved to Adelaide. I can't speak more highly of the school. It was definitely the best choice for us.
    Marymount also have a fair few reception classes so I wouldn't say you are to late to apply.