+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thankfully im feeling a little bit better (for now). Ive just had something small to eat, now attempting fluids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great to hear. Big hugs - it's all horrible but hopefully it improves soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I spoke too soon. Ugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just thought I'd chime in about the Zofran. I also found it expensive of course but if you ask the chemist for the generic version it works out to be half price. I was paying $25 for 10 tablets which was better than $50 for 10! But you must ask them as they won't offer it to you
    I had severe MS until at least 20 weeks so the Zofran saved me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zofran wafers did not help me either the only thing that did was a zofran and fluid IV twice a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Just thought I'd chime in about the Zofran. I also found it expensive of course but if you ask the chemist for the generic version it works out to be half price. I was paying $25 for 10 tablets which was better than $50 for 10! But you must ask them as they won't offer it to you
    I had severe MS until at least 20 weeks so the Zofran saved me
    $75 for 10 x 8mg wafers that i got were generic brands.

I just dont think it works for me. Ive been throwing up all day. Im at the point where ill have a big drink because even though its going to come up 15min later, at least im getting something down. Ill give food a miss altogether. Ive been throwing up blood everytime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood doesn't sound good at all . Were the hospital happy to let you go even with that happening? You poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misstrouble View Post
    Blood doesn't sound good at all . Were the hospital happy to let you go even with that happening? You poor thing.
    Yeh they didnt really mention it. They gave me protein blockers in my IV (protein pump inhibitors someone told me). To stop my stomach making acid for a while so as not to aggrevate anything internally. Though they were too concerned with my flat, non existant veins to mention anything else. It wasnt just a little bit of streaking either. TMI: I hadnt had anything to eat prior to throwing up (just a glass of water), and i was throwing up red.

They did take my blood (very painfully) to test and make sure i didnt throw up enough blood for it to be a problem. They didnt mention any thing that could cause it, or prevent it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh it sounds dreadful and I imagine very painful too. I hope the next time you go in that they are able to do something more.