+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What are up and go's like to have for breakfast? Is there any good in them? I know so many people who have them as breakfast.

I did bad yesterday. But not for over eating. Just bad eating choices and it didnt help that i am sick and wasnt really interested in food. All I ate was a piece of cake, toast and some tiny teddies.

Trying to decide what to make for lunch today as I forgot breakfast again. Was thinking soup.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to think that Up n Go's were a good breakfast alternative and used to drink them all the time, but I've since found out that they contain at 3 different kinds of sugar and not a great choice for weightloss/dieting.

I bought a tub of "Slim Right" from safeway for around $10 (11 serves in each tub) and have been drinking that for breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    What are up and go's like to have for breakfast? Is there any good in them? I know so many people who have them as breakfast.

I did bad yesterday. But not for over eating. Just bad eating choices and it didnt help that i am sick and wasnt really interested in food. All I ate was a piece of cake, toast and some tiny teddies.

Trying to decide what to make for lunch today as I forgot breakfast again. Was thinking soup.

I dont know if there is any good in them. Actually its probably much healthier to have an egg on toast or something.
    For me personally its about making sure I have breakfast. It gets me through til about 9 when I have a banana.

They are quick and easy and even if they do contain some sugar its probably better than not having anything at all.. and I think they taste great.

counting down to TTC October 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I think up and go's would have a fair bit of sugar in them. I don't know if it's any better, but sometimes when I'm in a rush I have a sustagen with soy milk, just to get something in my belly (if I don't eat any breaky I will eat anything and everything in site by 10am). Otherwise do you have a blender? If you're after a quick breaky you can make a yummy smoothie with milk, banana, yogurt and maybe some frozen berries. I often throw a handful of baby spinach into my smoothie too, you can't taste it and is a good hit of raw greens

I'm definately having a better day than yesterday! I've had a banana, a bowl of oats with tinned pears and 1 slice of homemade pizza. I will probably have a little bowl of yogurt or some cheese and apple for arvo tea and stir fry for dinner.

Unfortunately no walking yesterday or today due to weather, but I am going to try very hard to get back into my morning walks once the rain clears up. I need to ******line mornings so we can get out of the house early - I'm finding it hard to get a newborn and toddler ready to go in under an hour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the sound of making home made breakfast smoothies. I am a little fussy and don't like yoghurt in much. However I made home made garlic sauce with Greek yoghurt and it was nice.

I wonder what combos I could come up with for smoothies? I like the sound of banana and honey.

I always find that when it comes to making a shopping list, all of a sudden I seem to forget all of the super yummy recipe ideas that I have had.

One question. How do you make cannelloni? We had it at a wedding and it was beautiful. I wanted to try and make it myself

Also what are good vegetables to eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love smoothies You can put just about anything in them. Some ones I do are:

- milk, yogurt, banana, honey, baby spinach & oats
    - milk, yogurt, banana, honey & prunes
    - milk, yogurt, banana & frozen berries
    - milk, yogurt, berries & pear
    - green apple, lemon, mint & baby spinach

Just leave yoghurt out if you don't like it.

For cannelloni I cook up some chicken mince, then mix with ricotta, spinach and an egg (sometimes some parmesan as well if I have it). I use the fresh cannelloni sheets (easier to roll them than stuff the dry ones I think) and stuff them, into a baking dish, cover with a bottle of passata sauce, some cheese on top and bake

7. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all - I filled in for a friends sporting team last night so ran around for 40 mins and am pretty sore today. Am heading to the gym in my lunch break for a 30 min walk.

For me the key is preparation - spent 5 mins last night cutting up fruit and veggies that will last me for the rest of the work week. Means that my snacks are healthy and ready for me and less tempted to eat crap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I love smoothies You can put just about anything in them. Some ones I do are:

- milk, yogurt, banana, honey, baby spinach & oats
    - milk, yogurt, banana, honey & prunes
    - milk, yogurt, banana & frozen berries
    - milk, yogurt, berries & pear
    - green apple, lemon, mint & baby spinach

Just leave yoghurt out if you don't like it.

For cannelloni I cook up some chicken mince, then mix with ricotta, spinach and an egg (sometimes some parmesan as well if I have it). I use the fresh cannelloni sheets (easier to roll them than stuff the dry ones I think) and stuff them, into a baking dish, cover with a bottle of passata sauce, some cheese on top and bake
    Those smoothies sound yum! Thanks!

And I agree about fresh pasta sheets. That cannelloni recipe sounds good! I am going to try it thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone drink fibre? Like the powder you mix with water? Do you find a benefit from it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read through good to hear so many people had better days today (myself included) I've decided to follow weight watchers points (old style cos that is the version of points booklet and calculator I have). But I'm trying to incorporate 80% clean eating as well. So my day went as follows:

Breakfast
    Rolled spelt grain, banana, chobani, LSA meal and cinnamon (I'm going to refer to this as spelt BCLC from now on).
    Tea on skim

Snack
    Pineapple

Lunch
    Roast chicken with brocolli, carrot, roast beets & roasted capsicum.
    Fun size twix (regretted it instantly)

Snack
    Flat white on skim
    Boiled egg
    Mandarine

Dinner
    Salmon with carrot, corn & broccoli

Snack
    Cup of tea & 2 fresh dates.

I still have one point left but I'll keep it for tomorrow. Just looking at that I've realised I've eaten waaayyyy more than I normally would but the best success I've had with past weightloss is to eat at regular intervals. When I skip meals I pay for it the following week.

I also can see I'm having a fairly large amount of caffeine. Will work on lowering that. Plus obviously skip the fun size choc in the staff room :/

I also did 40 mins boot camp type exercise. My friend and I are running s free after school fitness session twice a week for the other teachers (and us). We both majored in PE. Tuesdays are my day to run it (and I also attend Thursdays). So I had us doing laps of the oval running, planks, burpees, power knees, step up, sit ups, squats, etc. worked up a nice sweat so felt good about it. Our kids all play on the playground just beside us so they love us doing it too.

I had actually left my workout clothes at home (20 mins away) but one of the teachers had a meeting and couldn't attend and we are the same size clothes and almost same size shoes so I just used her stuff. I was tempted to call it off but knowing I had others needing me and also this challenge made me go