+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen2010 View Post
    Sorry. Diarrohea and vomiting.
    Oh no Get well soon! You sound like my poor DS!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning all, I am not going to share my weight as I'd give anything to be the weight of those other members participating. But I do have 60kgs to lose (although I could lose more 60 is what I'd be happy with). Today didn't start well, forgot breakfast and not feeling well still (have the flu), so feeling quite ordinary today. I am just trying to keep my water intake up. I'm thinking soup for lunch. I can't wait til Thursday so I can do the shopping I have a few ideas for meals I want to try. I am not feeling very motivated today had a crap weekend so a bit flat. Well really flat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This morning's weight 84.6 (down from 90 about 4 weeks ago) however I expect this to go up a bit after a week of bad food and no exercise :-(
    Breakfast = celebrity slim rapid chocolate
    Lunch = same
    Arvo snack = same
    Dinner = garlic and chilli prawn stir fry (awesome recipe from celebrity slim app - great low carb recipes there!)
    Also going for a run later pushing my almost 10kg baby in a pram!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-05-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Morning all, I am not going to share my weight as I'd give anything to be the weight of those other members participating. But I do have 60kgs to lose (although I could lose more 60 is what I'd be happy with). Today didn't start well, forgot breakfast and not feeling well still (have the flu), so feeling quite ordinary today. I am just trying to keep my water intake up. I'm thinking soup for lunch. I can't wait til Thursday so I can do the shopping I have a few ideas for meals I want to try. I am not feeling very motivated today had a crap weekend so a bit flat. Well really flat.

Do you like eggs? The best tip I can share (that I found works really for me in regards to weightloss and staying full) is to boil up some eggs and keep them in the fridge. Try to incorporate them into your meals and eat a boiled egg as a snack; protein is great in aiding weightloss. Eg: For breakfast I'll have a boiled egg, coooked tomato and some mushrooms (or lunch if you're not a breakfast person) and I'll just grab a boiled egg straight from the fridge during the day as a snack. They're really filling and low GI. Prob no more than 2 a day, but yeah, they are great.
    Have you thought about trying a weightloss shake in the mornings? I find when I don't feel like actual food so early in the mornings they keep me going until lunch time and I wont snack on naughty stuff
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 13-05-2013 at 11:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi to all the newbies! I look forward to chatting with you all during the challenge and sharing our high's and low's together

I finished the last 10 of my push ups, 50 ab crunches and added 50 star jumps for good measure haha.

I shared a mandarin with my 2 year old for morning tea as well as a vanilla ski activ yogurt.

Lunch was homemade minestrone soup with a soy and linseed bread roll.

So far I've had 1.2 litres water today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    On that's no good that you're feeling unwell Something that gets me really motivated is looking up before/after weightloss pics on instagram. You could google them if you're not on instagram. I couldn't imagine forgetting breakfast - I go to bed thinking about it!!! Haha

But maybe you could try writing out a bit of a rough plan? Or if you want something quick and easy I can tell you how I make my breakfast? Let me know.

It's hard when you have a fair bit to lose but just trust the process - tackle each 5kg and don't be hard on yourself. When I was 20+ kg heavier I had an unhealthy all or nothing mindset where if I 'stuffed up' I just abandoned all healthy choices because I'd already spoilt it for the day. Now I try to take each meal at a time - rather then a day or week. It seemed to help curb my terrible binging sessions (which always left me feeling tired and guilty anyway.) So if you haven't made the best choices with a meal - just make healthier choices for the very next meal. Post in here as much as you need hey. I plan to

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post

Do you like eggs? The best tip I can share (that I found works really for me in regards to weightloss and staying full) is to boil up some eggs and keep them in the fridge. Try to incorporate them into your meals and eat a boiled egg as a snack; protein is great in aiding weightloss. Eg: For breakfast I'll have a boiled egg, coooked tomato and some mushrooms (or lunch if you're not a breakfast person) and I'll just grab a boiled egg straight from the fridge during the day as a snack. They're really filling and low GI. Prob no more than 2 a day, but yeah, they are great.
    Have you thought about trying a weightloss shake in the mornings? I find when I don't feel like actual food so early in the mornings they keep me going until lunch time and I wont snack on naughty stuff
    I do this - my DS2 fights me for them though .. Haha. I have to sneak them when he's not around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    Hi to all the newbies! I look forward to chatting with you all during the challenge and sharing our high's and low's together

I finished the last 10 of my push ups, 50 ab crunches and added 50 star jumps for good measure haha.

I shared a mandarin with my 2 year old for morning tea as well as a vanilla ski activ yogurt.

Lunch was homemade minestrone soup with a soy and linseed bread roll.

So far I've had 1.2 litres water today.
    Nice work!!! You just reminded me to up my water ... Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368420525.829511.jpgmm toasted roast beef and salad sandwich for lunch. Tasted soo good! I was very tempted to have some chocolate but opted for a plum instead!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbles21 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, so I am at my heaviest at the moment and feeling terrible. I am lacking the motivation so I hope I can get it here.
    I am currently 103.9kg.
    Goal 98kg
    Long term goal is to comfortably fit into a size 16 at target.
    I am a stay at home mum with a soft spot for carbs. I am very self conscious about my body and struggle to really put in 100% at the gyms. I have a pool membership so I hope to start getting there and really putting in. I have had a baby 7 weeks ago and now feel like I have no excuse to not start trying.
    Please help me by encouraging me to get off my butt!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lisaandshaun For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-05-2013)