+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, thanks for the updates! Here's to a good final week ahead for all of us.

Weigh in today: 60.6kg. Loss from 61.4= 800g. You little ripper!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Recipe:
    In a few drops of olive oil, i slow heated some chopped spring onions and 2 cloves of garlic, then threw in a bunch of chopped brocoli, chopped zuchini, chopped yellow squash, chopped coriander, a whole bag of baby spinach leaves, 4 cups of water (with a vegetable jelly stock), cooked for 15 mins til soft then blitzed it with stick blender)- it is super green and tastes great. I love soup! Jazz it up with some chopped mint and a dollop of natural yoghurt.[/QUOTE]

jb23, this is how I make green soup (but the veges change from week to week, depending on what I have left in the fridge, kale or cauliflower would be good too). Coriander is a winner, and I add stock for a bit of salt. I think there is only about 50 cal per cup (without the yoghurt).

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning everyone
    After reporting my loss last week, I finished my weightloss shakes and have been eating "normally"... and, due to really bad weather, rain every day, I've not exercised since last week, either. I'm actually sitting a kilo above the weight I was last week But my scales go up and down a couple of kilos every couple of days, so I never feel like they are quite accurate.

Overall, I have not even come close to achieving the kind of loss I set out to achieve during this challenge. A couple kilos lost one week, a kilo gained the next... it's always up and down. I'm so frustrated with myself at the moment.. I've spent a total of $60 dollars on those shakes and have barely dropped 2 kilos as a result. I lose it and then have 4 or 5 "normal" days and it seems to creep back on. And I'm not talking overeating or heaps of junk food, I mean like I'd have 2 slices of white bread with butter and vegemite for breakfast on a day off the diet, instead of the shake. It's like, if I don't stick to grilled meat, eggs and salad every single day, I just feel so fat!

Vent vent venty vent. Sigh.

OK, this week, I'm going to buy a step stool thing, so even if I can't go outside to walk, I can at least just do steps every chance I get. I'm also going to buy those shakes again, even though I'm starting to resent them- but, they do keep me pretty on track for the week I use them as they replace all meals except dinner and 2 very small snacks.
    I want to make some sort of green soup like you guys have done, as well.

I'm almost glad that this is the last week, I'm just sick of not seeing any really great results. I want to do the round 2, but might feel too annoyed at myself. I may just follow along quietly on that one and just try my very best...
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 17-06-2013 at 09:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done on the loss littleriv! You are doing amazing.

jb23 - good new on a maintain this week and not the gain you were expecting.

Marigold - don't be so hard on yourself . You've done a great job and have been a great support to everyone. There are a few of us this week that want to make some improvements, so you're not alone and we'll do it together! Have you taken any measurements, or tried on some old clothes that didn't fit before? You may find you are losing cm, despite the ups and downs on the scales. If you've been eating 'heavier' foods like bread etc at the end of the week you might also find that you're retaining more water than you would when you're on the shakes. So many things can affect that number on the scales. I would love you to keep going with us for round 2, you really have been a great support to everyone

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (17-06-2013),~Marigold~  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    Well done on the loss littleriv! You are doing amazing.

jb23 - good new on a maintain this week and not the gain you were expecting.

Marigold - don't be so hard on yourself . You've done a great job and have been a great support to everyone. There are a few of us this week that want to make some improvements, so you're not alone and we'll do it together! Have you taken any measurements, or tried on some old clothes that didn't fit before? You may find you are losing cm, despite the ups and downs on the scales. If you've been eating 'heavier' foods like bread etc at the end of the week you might also find that you're retaining more water than you would when you're on the shakes. So many things can affect that number on the scales. I would love you to keep going with us for round 2, you really have been a great support to everyone
    Thanks Yeah I'm the first to admit that I am probably way too hard on myself. I've been losing weight consistently since February and am now fitting into my old "skinny" clothes again... I think my problem is that I'm too imapatient and get very fed up if the scales don't show a good enough loss after I've tried really hard for an entire week. Sometimes I think, what's the point of it all? Sorry for the negative vent, just feeling blue today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marigold, you're doing great. You, and the other lovely ladies here, are the reason I have stuck with it. You always have something positive to say even when we have had a bad day/ week. You're a cheerleader!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm soo disappointed! I'm the exact same weight as last week, even though my diet has been great and I haven't eaten much. I'm feeling extremely discouraged. Still at an overall loss of 6.5kgs for the challenge but I feel like my weight has plateaued

Thanks
    Reviews
    littleriv - thank you so much for the recipe, will be trying that for my lunches this week. Awesome job on the loss! that's a fantastic loss.

Marigold - Try not to put to much emphasis on the scales (easier said than done I know) but they really aren't always the greatest representation of fat lost. I agree with decemberbubba, have you taken measurements or are there any clothes that you know didn't fit before that you can try on? Because the scales can be so misleading you may find that you have infact lost cm's but not kilos. Although my weight was the same this week I have noticed my clothes are feeling a lil loser than last week.
    "I think my problem is that I'm too imapatient and get very fed up if the scales don't show a good enough loss after I've tried really hard for an entire week. Sometimes I think, what's the point of it all?"
    This is me to a T also. I am extremly impatient and get disheartened so easily so you are not alone there. I just try to remind myself how much better I will feel when I get to my goal and that all of my hard work has to pay off eventualy.
    You have been a fantastic support and having been a part of this thread has been a huge help to me so thank you for starting it and thank you everyone else for all of the support and motivation that you have provided me with.

Bubbles21 - It sucks when you know you have worked so hard to not see the scales move doesn't it? have you taken any measurements? The scales don't always tell the whole story of weight loss.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words, you have no idea how much of a boost you have given me. I guess we all have our negative days, our "woe is me" days
    You guys are right. My clothes are fitting better. I bought a pair of jeans in April and they didn't even do up, I tried them on in the change rooms and knew they didn't fit but I wanted them for a party and figured I'd just wear my old pregnancy belt with them!!! But seriously, how depressing They now fit like a glove and are actually loose around the waist! So yeah, I really should give myself more cred. Ahh, I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.
    I feel the same about you ladies, you have all been so very supportive and honestly keep me going.
    Chin up time for me. I'll get there. Is everyone ready to start a round 2 for this Monday? Or do you want a little break first? I'm happy and ready to get back on track for a new 6 week challenge. And I want to smash it this time!

I had a "I don't give a sh!t" kind of day today.. but still did pretty good considering I just wanted to switch off.

Breakfast- 2 poached eggs, 1 slice toast

Lunch- bowl Uncle Toby's cereal with skim milk

snack- 3 rye crackers with avocado, slice cheese and tomato

Dinner- small serve gnocchi with bolognese sauce. And cheese sprinkled on top. Not fantastic, but not too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome comments, girls. Bubbles21, you're overall loss is huge. You're going great.
    Marigold, I had a giggle at your jeans story.
    My day looked like this:
    Brekky: 2 black coffees, greek yoghurt with fibre
    Snack: mini muffin (I bake them for the kids- banana and nutmeg flavour today)
    Lunch: green soup with a cruskit and butter.
    Afternoon: can of diet coke, mini muffin, shared microwave popcorn with the boys
    Dinner: red curry chicken with mushrooms and zuccini and a few papadums

I have started to think about the end of the challenge. My goal seemed like the wildest dream 6 weeks ago. Am I done yet? Well, I don't think so, not quite. I think I was 3 or 4 kilos lighter when I got married (7 years and 3 children ago). I am thinking of going for it, or maybe just 2 kg more! Also, I would like to focus on trying to introduce some strength building exercises. Sit ups??