+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't beat yourself up over it girls, there's still 4 weeks left. That's heaps of time to make a change and still get a loss you can do it! Better late than never as they say. I've done no exercise this week but my diet has been pretty good so I'm happy. I figure if I either eat right or exercise more its ok, but I just can't seem to do both and stick to it. I think for me it's easier to just watch what I eat then go to the gym (says the woman who had been on a million and one diets in her lifetime lol). I hope we will all be happy at the end of this 6 weeks. We could also always extend it for a bit if a lot of us haven't reached our goals because its definitely more motivation doing it this way than alone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbles21 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (27-05-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well it's been a really naughty weekend for me. Not bad, in terms of food but totally out the window for portion control.

We had a guest all weekend who treated us to dinner and for some reason I had this amazing idea to see if I could eat 500gram steak. And did bar 3 bites. DP ate a whole 1kg steak however. Just silly. And today I had like 5 big party pies for dinner at 9pm. So bad. I've also had a lot of soft drink.

I know I won't have a loss and that's my fault. I just hope the gain isn't too bad :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee, I am glad for this forum at the moment- we all need it at times for a bit of support! Like I said yesterday, I was ready to pull the plug yesterday, but after logging on and reading, I had new resolve. Marigold, jb23 and LifeInShadesOfGrey, all we can do is try again fresh the next day, and also be stoked with what we have achieved so far. We are not alone and at least we are giving it a go.

Okay, well, time for my weekly weigh in. Nearly flew off the scales when I saw 62.3. Crikey! I think that is a loss of 1.7kg for the week. Will scroll back to make sure.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (27-05-2013),~Marigold~  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies. A pretty pathetic .5kg loss for me again this week - so down to 64kg. I feel like giving up because I have actually been really good food-wise

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littleriv that's a great loss! Go you! Decemberbubba a loss is a loss, so well done youre doing great! and remember even if you're doing all the right things, some weeks you will lose more than others. Also, if you don't have a huge amount of weight to lose overall, then you generally won't be losing big numbers each week. Afm, this week I lost 2.1kgs. Very happy with that as I have done absolutely no exercise. Overall loss is 3.1kgs for this challenge so I'm on track to lose my goal of 8kgs by the end

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbles21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well done to all three of you for your losses! That's great!

I haven't weighed myself yet. Am
    Stalling as I'm worried about the gain I am betting ill see.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    disco86, congrats on a great loss this week. Decemberbubba, .5kg is nothing to be sneezed at- a great loss! I admire you doing the challenge with a brand new bub! Bubbles21, you are on fire! Keep it up wow. congrats. Bubbles, you are right about the weight going off in different speeds- last week, my weight went up alot overnight, then back down over the next few days, so I am trying not to get caught up in the numbers, but I still weigh daily to see where I am. It always seems to go up on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

My secret snacks this week are chicken noodle cuppa soup (44 cal) and hearty beef cuppa soup (51 cal)- I have these when I am feeling cold and need a pick me up. Also, I am a creature of habit at the moment, eating mainly curries- lentils or chicken- and piling loads of fresh rocket and coriander on top with natural youghurt, and skipping on the rice. Also, a few mini papadums done in the microwave don't have many calories.

Thanks again for your support- this challenge has been great for me especially while hubby has been away during the week at work and I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed having responsibility for the 3 kids, so this has been something for me to concentrate on.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I broke even, still at a loss of 4.6kgs total. I'll take a break even considering how much I over ate on the weekend.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-05-2013),~Marigold~  (27-05-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok. Today is THE DAY.
    I'm starting the FB shakes so my diet will revolve around them for the week. I'm only allowed one healthy main meal (dinner) some fruit and very light, low cal snacks twice a day. For dinner I'm having beef and salad wholemeal wraps with yoghurt/garlic sauce. For my sancks I have plently of fruit here, cruskets, cottage cheese etc.
    Exercise wise all I can really do is take the pram out for long walks, but if the weather looks crappy (like today) I have to do something else.. I have an exercise bike but it's an incline one and absolutely kills me to use it, after 5 minutes it feels like my legs are made of lead and I cn only ever manage 20 minute reps on it- but it makes you go hard (you have no choice, it's the design of it) and I know I burn heaps when I use it so I'll have to try it again in bad weather.

To everyone who has offered support to oneanother, it really is priceless and sometimes all it takes is a little push in the right direction from you guys to get the motivation going again. You ladies are awesome and inspiring.

Well done everyone with your losses for the week, can't wait to report a loss next Monday

Good luck everyone- lets all keep updating and chatting, it's what keeps me going
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 27-05-2013 at 10:14.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-05-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I've been terrible :/ Way worse than usual. I'm fighting an inner war to go get KFC right now. I honestly couldn't even tell you the last time I had it but the urge right now is enormous. So far from where I was last year.
    We're on the roller coaster together, don't give up.