+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Everyone is doing so well, so great to see. Just a thought, I wonder what the combined weightloss will be of all us after the 6 weeks is up? I'd love to add it up at the end of this

Today... so far so good:

Breakfast- bowl of Special K with light milk

Lunch- 2 Kavli crispbread with 2 boiled eggs, hommus dip as a spread and salsa.

Dinner I'm thinking I'll grill some skinless chicken breast and season with cajun spices and maybe some greek yoghurt and serve with a salad- that is one of my favourite meals, so simple and light and yummy, I eat it a couple of times a week!

I'm feeling sick and have had a migraine since yesterday so I haven't ventured out for any exercise yet; plus it's raining here and I'd have to take DD out in her pram... not good. I'm a bit bummed about my lack of exercise but my food has been excellent.

Oh and my water intake has been good, I've already drank at least 2 600ml bottles today (I've lost count lol) plus 2 glasses of soda water & lemon juice.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 16-05-2013 at 14:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    KellyMac, 5km run- I'm impressed. Wow that is fantastic. Enjoy your dinner. Sounds great.
    Thanks! I have never ever ever been a runner and never thought I would be. The most I've done is netball once a week in winter. A friend started running and inspired me and I actually did the color run a few weeks ago. I used to think 5km was soooooooo fat but it actually isn't that bad. Takes me 35-40 mins and I'm by no means fit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Well its been a few days since I've posted. It's been a very hectic couple of day with a very unhappy teething baby

So on Tuesday I was very bad and didn't have anything except 2 coffees until dinner which was leftover curry and cauliflower rice. Then I snacked on a few crap things like lesnack and tiny teddies. I also did no exercise.

But Wednesday was a much better day. I had a smoothie for breakfast (protein powder, banana, berries and a handful of spinach. Lunch was a veggie omelette and dinner was almond meal crumbed chicken with steamed veg. Exercise wise I walked 1 hour and do 30 mins of strength training.

Today was ok. Breakfast was a smoothie and dinner was organic sausages with veggies. Snack was healthy cocoa balls. Once again no exercise.

Sooo I really need to stop skipping meals. Hopefully now that Df is home for the week(FIFO) I can get myself sorted again.
    Hopefully I can get in a walk and some strength training tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks like everyone is doing awesome! You all are an awesome inspiration for me getting some awesome food ideas.

NewMrs how are you feeling now? That sounds very painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree jb23, knowing that there are others doing this "with me" keeps me motivated and inspired as well

Quick update: My dinner (as listed in my earlier post) was delish and I'm quite chuffed with myself

Tomorrow I'm leaving the car at home walking to my local shopping mall with the pram which is a good 45 minutes away from my house and I've got lots of shopping to do which means heaps of steps I'm going to wear my pedometer to count just how many km's exactly I notch up. Window shopping can be great exercise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looking forward to seeing how many steps you do marigold

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Okay, a quick daily post for me. Same food during the day, as well as a 1 egg fritata with corn, zuchini, garlic, spices and lemon zest for dinner. I am finding it easy during the week to avoid a big dinner as DH is away Mon-Fri wth work for 5 weeks, and I don't feed myself until the kids are in bed.
    The weekend is almost here and I won't be so vigilent.
    Weight today: 64.3kg (I am logging it most days so I can keep a record but I know it will go up and down).
    Exercise: Marigold, how was your walk? I walked to the shop too and walked up and down at my local Westfields.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick check in. It's been a hectic week. The main change I've made is that I've cut out fizzy drink. I was only having sugar free fizzy drink, but I've cut it out completely (it was all I drank really). It's been super hard to switch to water actually. I have no idea if it will do anything different to my weight - time will tell.

Not doing so well on the food front really, but I've been busy and sick - a bad combination. Hopefully next week will be better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how many steps you do marigold
    Grrr, got halfway there and realised that I forgot my pedometer

Anyway, I've walked all over the place today, doing at least 3 hours. That's gotta be a lot of Kms!

Breakfast- thought I'd enjoy a hot cooked breakfast and had mushrooms, tomato and egg on a piece of wholmeal toast.

Lunch- 2 sushi hand rolls (1 vegetarian, 1 tuna)

Dinner, I'm making a stir fry of minced pork, vegies, singapore noodles and honey soy marinade.

Tomorrow night we're going out for dinner for DH's bday. I plan on having a normal meal and probably a couple of drinks, so we'll see how I go. I like to have at least one day a week where I can relax a little and not be so strict, otherwise I'd feel deprived and that would most likely backfire.

Woohoo, week one is almost over!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 17-05-2013 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Doing great everyone!

I did pretty well yesterday, except had another slack tea of eggs and baked beans on toast. Not too bad today either - tinned peaches for breaky (no milk at work for the weet-bix that was mean't to go with them ), an apple for snack and yoghurt and mixed fruit/nuts/seeds for lunch.

I'm a bit disappointed though - I'm a daily weigher and the scales aren't budging at all I'm eating so much better (and less) than when I started this challenge, but I don't even know if I'm going to lose 100g this week. Anyways, I'll stick with it - I feel much better for eating better.