+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhh New Mrs hope you fell better soon!!
    Today I had a really really good day. Had a bit of a cr@p day yesterday on all fronts not just food.

Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Snack: Celebrity Slim Rapid Chocolate shake.
    Dinner: Lamb back strap with tomato and basil salsa and mozzarella cheese with a side of Mediterranean veges (zucchini, yellow capsicum, red onion and tomato cut into chunks and baked with a little balsamic garlic and basil)

Exercise: 5km run (with 10kg in the pram!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yum I'm enjoying reading what you guys are eating

I'm cross with myself today. Went off the rails between lunch and dinner :/

Breakfast
    Spelt with BCLC
    Tea on skim

Snack
    Watermelon
    Mandarin

Lunch
    Pumpkin & Carrot soup
    Boiled egg
    16 Almonds

Snack
    Packet of original thins (eeekkk)
    Turkish delight (double eeekkk full sized one too)
    Coke zero

Dinner
    Wasabi dukkah crusted lamb cutlets with beet, spinach & pine nut couscous

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1368618687.854163.jpg

Snack
    Tea on skim
    2 fresh dates

As you can see I ballsed up big time in the arvo. Not sure why - was going great, ducked into the shop and bought my terrible snacks pretty mindlessly.

No exercise either (had my hair done instead).

Tomorrow I vow to not eat ANY sh!t

Hope you ladies had a better day than me :/
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 15-05-2013 at 23:12.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (16-05-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ill be doing the shopping list tomorrow. Hit me with some of your yummy dinner suggestions. I need to work to a budget so nothing super pricey to make. I am just sick of spaghetti etc.

One will be cannelloni, I am just hanging to try and make that and I also want to do a veggie bake.

So I need other idea's.

I am going to try making some healthy smoothies too to have for breakfast each day.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 15-05-2013 at 22:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Ill be doing the shopping list tomorrow. Hit me with some of your yummy dinner suggestions. I need to work to a budget so nothing super pricey to make. I am just sick of spaghetti etc.

One will be cannelloni, I am just hanging to try and make that and I also want to do a veggie bake.

So I need other idea's.

I am going to try making some healthy smoothies too to have for breakfast each day.
    https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/r...x?mt=Breakfast these are great and the banana is my fave.

Chicken stuffed with basil tomato and mozarella is one of my favorites. Also the celebrity slim app has awesome recipes too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    Doing pretty well today:

Breaky - half a banana, sustagen & soy milk
    Snack - small handful sultanas
    Lunch - left over stir fry
    Dinner - will probably be a veg bake or slack eggs on toast

I have had too many coffee's, but with a toddler and a newborn I can't bear to give up my caffein! I'm really struggling to get out and exercise It's a beautiful day today, but we had kindergym this morning so no time for a morning walk, and I think it will be too hot for DS2 in the hug a bub this afternoon. I have done 150 squats, so that's a small start, will try to get another 100 in today (I do them while settling DS2 to sleep).
    Update from yesterday - ended up going for a short walk to the park and did 200 squats in total. I had bacon and scrambled eggs on toast for tea - was mean't to be only eggs on toast but DH cooked and found some bacon, I couldn't say no . Also had a hot choc after dinner.

NewMrs - I hope you're feeling better and everything is ok

Marigold - glad you had a better day

Kellymac - you're doing really well!

Theboys&me - you're dinner looks awesome

LifeInShadesOfGrey - Some of my quick, easy dinners are:
    - Tuna cakes with veg (just mix a big tin of tuna with leftover mashed potato, an egg and usually some grated veg like carrot or zucchini), roll into patties, coat with breadcrumbs and cook in a pan
    - Stir-fry (pork or chicken mince with lots of julienne veg, a packet of hokkein noodles and some sweet soy & sweet chilli sauce)
    - Slow cooker (chuck steak or lamb with a couple of tins of crushed tomato and lots of veg, cooked on slow for around 8 hours)

Hope everyone has a good day

8. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, there is some lovely, healthy, yummy food happening! Yesterday, I had an okay day food wise, I am trying to limit my intake for a few days to try and get a kickstart before the weekend: Brekky: black coffee, small prune juice, vege sticks Lunch: tom yum cuppa soup and 2 handfulls of rocket to munch on, a few mini tomatoesafternoon snack: bowl of popcorn/ diet coke dinner: Baghdad egg (love this one- we eat if often. Egg fried in a little butter and crushed garlic, cumin seeds, when cooked, sprinkle with lots chopped coriander, chopped mint, chopped chilli and loads of lemon zest- you can use whatever herbs you have lying around- it is a great way to spice up eggs). Usually, we eat it on warm toast with lots of butter, but I skipped the bread this time. I also did squats and 2 x 500m sprints on the treadmill. Weight today: 64.8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank so much for the recipes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question. I have been eating smaller portions this week and not grazing etc. But I feel like I'm getting monster reflux. Why would that be? :/ feels awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Question. I have been eating smaller portions this week and not grazing etc. But I feel like I'm getting monster reflux. Why would that be? :/ feels awful.
    I get heart burn when eating healthy too! It's in my family though. Sorry that's not much help is it?

Just got back from a 5k run. O M G. I'm sore. I was running daily then had a week off and wasn't taking the pram every time. Now that its getting colder I'm going in the middle of the day and as such have to lug an extra 10kg! S better work out I suppose. Having my shakes again and then Woolies bake in bag ginger and teriyaki salmon with left over veg from last night as well as cauliflower purée. Yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KellyMac, 5km run- I'm impressed. Wow that is fantastic. Enjoy your dinner. Sounds great.