+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Far freaking out @Sabochan. That sucks! This has been over a long period of time too hasn't it? Honestly? If I were you and had the money I'd get on a plane and go for a holiday. Give yourself some time away from all this. Hopefully you'll come back stronger and more refreshed.
    Yup first one in 2013 then 10 months later in 2014 and now this week. Got diagnosed with pcos in December and had just started clomid (and fell pregnant first cycle).
    I would love a holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarriage & loss support chat #4

Hi I'm curious how long everyone has taken off work after experiencing a miscarriage?

I was 10 weeks and miscarried last night. Extremely emotional but mostly exhausted and in pain. I had no idea it was this painful!
    I've taken 2 days off so far but feeling the pressure to return to work. It almost be a welcome distraction but I'm physically & emotionally exhausted.

I'd love to hear your story
    Last edited by MummaJugs3; 15-06-2016 at 19:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I miscarried at 5 weeks and got no time off 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's no good I'm sorry to hear that

Thanks
    Reviews
    My work just didn't understand take-off as much as you need to grieve for your baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJugs3 View Post
    Hi I'm curious how long everyone has taken off work after experiencing a miscarriage?

I was 10 weeks and miscarried last night. Extremely emotional but mostly exhausted and in pain. I had no idea it was this painful!
    I've taken 2 days off so far but feeling the pressure to return to work. It almost be a welcome distraction but I'm physically & emotionally exhausted.

I took off 1.5 weeks but that included my 18 month old being hospitalised at the same time of dealing with a missed miscarriage. Honestly i was glad i wasn't at work for a bit as one day i started getting debilitating pains and had to be rushed to hospital by ambulance as my body was commencing the miscarriage- that's not saying it will happen to you or within that time-frame though.
    I say take whatever time you need. Big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJugs3 View Post

I took off 1.5 weeks but that included my 18 month old being hospitalised at the same time of dealing with a missed miscarriage. Honestly i was glad i wasn't at work for a bit - just emotionally exhausted - and then one day i started getting debilitating pains and had to be rushed to hospital by ambulance as my body was commencing the miscarriage- that's not saying it will happen to you or within that time-frame though.
    I say take whatever time you need. Big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a D&C yesterday at 9w5d (baby died 2 days ago). I also had a miscarriage in March so it's been pretty devastating. I've had 2 days off work so far but I'm going to take a couple of weeks off to let myself deal with this all without the stress of work. I have a tonne of sick leave so I will use that rather than holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I had my miscarriage in 2014, I was working in childcare in the babies room. I had a MMC. Went for my scan at 10 weeks and baby only measured 7+6, tried to wait it out and miscarry natural but two weeks later and still nothing has happened and my HCG was not dropping so ended getting rushed to hospital and having an emergency D&C, when they realised how long baby had been gone for and how long they had still been in my body so the risk of infection was very high. My work was not very understanding and I ended up leaving my job as going back to work with babies was just too much after losing my own. My recovery was actually quite good physically but emotionally it took a long, long time to recover. I still have days where I'll cry about my lost baby and what would have been. Something that really helped me was my partner bought a candle in memory of that baby and we light it every year on what would have been babies due date.

Take it a day at a time. Thinking of all of you. It's a horrible thing to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is this thread still active??