+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Missfaery I'm sorry for your loss. Miscarriages are so hard. Do you have an idea about whether you want to wait it out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabochan View Post
    Massive hugs to everyone, Father's Day + the royal baby announcement has made this a tough few days for everyone.
    Seems I can't even bloody miscarry right this time - was in ED on Saturday with heaps of pain on my right side the gyno told me I have/had a pregnancy of unknown location. I got bloods done 48 hours later (Monday) to check levels were still dropping and they freaking rose - doubled even, from 30 to 78. Still stuck in limbo, I am so lost and am freaking at the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy
    I hope you are okay and they can sort it out and give you answers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Hi all. I found out on Monday that I've had a missed miscarriage as we had a follow up ultrasound. Baby is only 6 weeks but I'd be about 8-9 weeks. No bleeding yet, off to the GP today for referral to gyno and find out what's next. All I can say is it sucks! And timing if worst, as yesterday was my sons first birthday! But at least I do have something positive to focus on.
    Sorry to hear another little one has been lost. Hope you get direction quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies
    *Update*
    I returned to ED yesterday after the pain returned and I was still bleeding a fair bit. After an internal, another scan and bloods (levels had dropped from 78 to 60 in 48 hours). The ob/gyn was fairly certain it wasn't ectopic and recommended a d&c due to the amount of bleeding I'd been experiencing. So I agreed and was admitted overnight and the procedure was done this morning.
    So freaking glad the whole ordeal is finally over, I feel I can finally grieve properly. Physically I am feeling a bit sore but that is to be expected.
    @MissFaery I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Take care of yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    *Update*
    I returned to ED yesterday after the pain returned and I was still bleeding a fair bit. After an internal, another scan and bloods (levels had dropped from 78 to 60 in 48 hours). The ob/gyn was fairly certain it wasn't ectopic and recommended a d&c due to the amount of bleeding I'd been experiencing. So I agreed and was admitted overnight and the procedure was done this morning.
    So freaking glad the whole ordeal is finally over, I feel I can finally grieve properly. Physically I am feeling a bit sore but that is to be expected.
    @MissFaery I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Take care of yourself xx
    Time to physically move on now - hope the emotional and mental part is kind to you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank goodness sabochan! I was hoping it was not ectopic. Rest up, you deserve a break after this ordeal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear the uncertainty is over and you can work on moving on now Sabochan. I'm sorry to hear your little one is gone

I finally had my little breakdown. I hadn't been able to let it all out since I was told miscarriage on tuesday. I was just kind of coping. But i was talking to my mum last night and I lost it. Tears everywhere. I think I feel a bit better now that I let myself cry.

Been trying to talk to my husband about it but he just says we'll try again. He told me he had no attachment yet so he isn't really sad. It's just me
    Last edited by Rueblade; 12-09-2014 at 13:59.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rueblade For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rueblade View Post
    Good to hear the uncertainty is over and you can work on moving on now Sabochan. I'm sorry to hear your little one is gone

I finally had my little breakdown. I hadn't been able to let it all out since I was told miscarriage on tuesday. I was just kind of coping. But i was talking to my mum last night and I lost it. Tears everywhere. I think I feel a bit better now that I let myself cry.

Been trying to talk to my husband about it but he just says we'll try again. He told me he had no attachment yet so he isn't really sad. It's just me
    I am so sorry to hear your hubby doesn't seem to be as sad about your loss. In my experience he will be dealing with the loss is his own way. My DH was the same with our first loss.
    I found this quote which really explained it well and my DH agreed with it. I know it doesn't make it any easier for you though hun. Big hugs
    “A woman becomes a mother when she gets pregnant, a man becomes a father when he sees his baby.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabochan For This Useful Post:

Rueblade  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am so sorry to hear your hubby doesn't seem to be as sad about your loss. In my experience he will be dealing with the loss is his own way. My DH was the same with our first loss.
    I found this quote which really explained it well and my DH agreed with it. I know it doesn't make it any easier for you though hun. Big hugs
    “A woman becomes a mother when she gets pregnant, a man becomes a father when he sees his baby.”
    I just wanted to say hi to you all, I'm sti following this thread after I miscarried last month and although I'm now pregnant again (we did an IVF transfer on the next cycle) I'm still terrified of losing this one.

I wanted to say about husbands though - they really are holding it in sometimes.

Last month in the days when we found out we were losing our much longed for and tried for first pregnancy my DH said basically everything you would put on a list of things not to say to a woman who is losing her pregnancy.

He didn't mean it and was just trying to fix me but anyway about four days later, late in the evening he made some funny comment which if id let it go by I'd never have known how he was feeling but it was like I prodded him about it and he fell apart with emotion.

Anyway my point is even if they say they're not attached and they seem a bit cold about it, they can still grieve quite hard under the surface.

For my DH the symptoms were there really - he was suddenly obsessed with trying to fix things in the house, I guess because he couldn't fix me or the pregnancy.

Sending hugs to you all. I don't think you ever get over the loss no matter how early or far along. When we found out even my relatively distant dad began to open up about my mums miscarriage years before. It just stays with people.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Rueblade  (12-09-2014),Sabochan  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I miss my wee baby. I am so sick of feelings miserable, I miss that feeling of joy and complete happiness waking up each morning.