+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    @Ladydee - Thanks so much! I feel a lot more human this week. I finally stopped spotting and bleeding, and everything feels a bit more normal. I don't think he'll have the baby's results yet (he did warn me it could take a while) but it's going to be hard to go back to his rooms all the same - pregnant ladies, in an OB's rooms, with no pregnancy. Sigh.
    I hear u on that one, I'm glad I didn't have to go back to my ob to schedule a d&c.... It hurt enough going in there first time.

Glad u r feeling more human too mrsjaguar.... It surely takes time
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 25-08-2014 at 20:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This morning went ok. Dr did an ultrasound and everything is clear and lining is starting to thicken slightly already. All clear for life as per normal... whatever that is.

Since he knows I don't get cycles, he's given me a deadline of October 1st - if no period by then, I'll go for a progesterone bloody test, make sure I haven't ovulated, then start Provera. Then it's back into the FET swing of things.

The genetic testing still isn't back yet {he reckons another fortnight} but he did have a couple of results for me - more since I'd done the NT bloods just before the appointment. Everything to do with me was fine: thyroid, immunities, iron, etc etc. The POC report says 'no evidence of abnormal trophoblastic proliferation'. He basically said that's a good indication that it's looking more likely to be an embryo issue, rather than a PCOS issue.

We also looked at the NT blood results, which were off the charts low. Georgia's PAPP-A was really low at 0.18, and her free BHCG was at 0.54. This baby was even lower. The results were 0.09 PAPP-A and 0.25 BHCG. AFP was down too, at 0.3.
    I guess no real answers, but now we wait for the genetic testing to come back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Genetic testing is back.We had a little boy, with Down's Syndrome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry @mrsjaguar, I completely know and understand that it is a very strange mix of emotions. Fast forward to six months later for me and I feel different about it again.....it's hard to know exactly how to feel actually. I am glad I found out though, that hasn't changed for me, I hope you don't have any regrets either??. I wish I had got my other two tested too. Reading that your PAPP-A results came back as low risk (did I read that right?) has scared the bejeebers out of me though, specially because we've had three losses now.

How do you and hubby feel about knowing this do you think? I understand that it'd just be different levels of devastated I guess it depends on what you would've chosen to do if you had've found this out at your 12 week scan? Our bubs diagnosis of T13 is a non compatible with life diagnosis so it's the tiniest bit of comfort to know that we didn't have to even sit down and consider terminating if bub had've hung on for a few more weeks or months

How are you going overall Hun? I had a delayed reaction with my loss at 11 weeks but I think it might've been because I had interstate family turn up to stay the same day we found out bub had passed so we didn't get time to ourselves to process anything straight away. Or maybe I was a bit numb and in shock at first? Now that your hormones have settled down, I hope you've been having longer and longer periods of feeling a bit happier again, though I'm sure this result has bought it all back again Any regrets finding out you had a little boy? We haven't asked yet but I will one day.

Big big hugs Hun xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee - No, no regrets at all. I had a really peaceful sleep last night, and hubby & I talked about it a lot - we're glad we know.

I was sad at first, because Down's isn't always a terrible thing - and we always said we would love to look after a special needs child. Made me wonder why the baby died, what happened? But there could be SO many medical reasons, and Down's can have a really big range of how severe it is - so I'm having faith that this baby was better off, you know?

I'm more surprised than anything else. I was expecting the chromosomal issue, we all were - but I was expecting a girl. To hear that was a boy, OUR little boy, is just nuts. But it's also helping me to grieve the loss better, because we know it was a person, that HE was there, you know? We've even tossed around naming him, because he was there, and he was loved. xxx

Big hugs. xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh.. and the papp-A reading was SUPER low.... which would have made me high risk for abnormalities again (which rang true with the T21 diagnosis of our little boy.)

Just makes me nervous about it happening again in the future... even though I know it was just a one off, chromosomal issue that could have happened to anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    hi ladies, I hope you're all doing well.
    I've been quiet of late, we got a bfp on Tuesday, but unfortunately am in the process of miscarrying this bub as well. On top of that, it's been deemed a pregnancy of unknown location and I have to be monitored closely to make sure my hcg levels are dropping as they should and my body gets everything out. I have an appointment with the hospital tomorrow morning for more bloods.
    Pretty exhausted at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your loss @Sabochan. I've been lurking in the 'pregnant after miscarriage' thread, hoping I can join someday soon, and my heart broke for you when I read that you were worried about this pregnancy and then saw that you had posted here. Hope you are ok xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Polly6034 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. It is with a heavy heart that I ask to join this group. At the tail end of a spontaneous mc at 10 weeks. Also had one at 6 weeks in May.

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent loss Sabochan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your losses ladies. Could I join this chat please? I had a d&c a week and a half ago after miscarrying at 7 weeks 5 days.