+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've booked in to see my doc again on Tuesday.... Going to work out something to do.... Referral to someone .... Another scan... Bloods or something.... I just need this over with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - I am 6 weeks pregnant with an ectopic. Dh and I went to emerge y yesterday at 1am due to pain and bleeding. Spent all day at hospital and found out at 10am that our pregnancy was Ectopic and could not continue.

I'm in hospital now waiting too see what happens. The best case is a natural miscarriage, followed by a miscarriage induced by meds. If that does not work it will be surgery to remove the Fallopian tube.

It's been a very big 24hours for dh and I. Dh has gone home for the night to get some much needed sleep. Just waiting for him to come to the hospital.

I'm feeling better about the whole situation today. I've come to terms that dh and I won't be having a baby in February. I've also accepted that there was nothing we could do about it.

I think we have a long road ahead of us. But the support we have received, especially from the dig, has been great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big big hugs Mellie. Praying for miscarriage for you... It is hard to come to terms with the fact we won't go having babies this time around... You sound like u r in a semi good place... Just big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mellie29 I'm so sorry - you seem very strong I certainly found time a great healer - hope it all resolves itself quickly and as painlessly as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i hadnt of had a dating scan I seriously wouldve been one of those women who got to 12 week scan to be told devastating news.... seriously why the hell is my body still holding on? Im feeling so betrayed.... its the first time ever in my life ive wished for blood.... I know my problems could be so much worse.... I just figure if there is nothing in there ... what is my body waiting for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    If i hadnt of had a dating scan I seriously wouldve been one of those women who got to 12 week scan to be told devastating news.... seriously why the hell is my body still holding on? Im feeling so betrayed.... its the first time ever in my life ive wished for blood.... I know my problems could be so much worse.... I just figure if there is nothing in there ... what is my body waiting for
    Are you able to have another scan to see if the sac has collapsed yet or give you some hope that things might start soon so you can find some closure and move on? Did you end up getting progressive bloods (hCG/ Progesterone) ? How are they going?? I kinda feel like my heart had to catch up to my brain and really know and believe that there was no hope left before my body let bub go. It wasn't until the night of my no-heartbeat ultrasound in December that I got my first drop of blood. This time it was the day after my scan that I had my first drop of blood after seeing a very slow erratic heartbeat that I knew for sure bub was slipping away. I know you've had your scan but maybe another one? Or some bloods?? Something I did this time also is go for two x 2hour power walks along the beach....it was more for my headspace at the time but, maybe that moved things along? Or failing all of that, if I was still waiting, I was going to move onto things that prego women use to bring on labour....is it raspberry-leaf tea or some other tea? Bouncing on a fit ball? I would've definitely booked in for some acupuncture by now if I hadn't had any signs yet, I'd highly recommend that. DTD is supposed to help move things along also but I didn't want that to associate in any way to this whole awful thing but, that's just me.
    Good luck! I get it... it's the most awful thing that you would never want to go through but since you have no choice, you just want it to be over and done with already so you can get some closure and move on xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've booked in to see my doc on Tuesday.... He wanted to wait till end of month to do any of the above eg. Hcg and another ultrasound ....I hate needles so no to acupuncture. I've had one scan which showed an empty sac.... No drops of blood yet. (This was nearly three weeks ago now). Will just wait to see what tues brings.... I've had a couple of cramps over the time... But resulted in nothing.

Oh well... Still waiting... No signs of infection .... Oh well.

I just really thought my body would've grieved it as soon as knowing ... Eg. In the past when I had been like a tiny bit late in period as soon as I tested AF arrived the next day.... I'm just not getting it....
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 22-06-2014 at 09:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would be frustrating for sure All the best for Tues, I hope your doc has a good plan of action to get things moving along. I get you not wanting a D&C as I felt the same way but what about that drug you can use instead? I don't know if it's the same thing but when I had my D&C in March, I had to take these 2 tablets a couple of hours before going in for the curette and I believe that drug just softens and dilates (opens) the cervix. I can't remember how long it took to kick in but it wasn't very long (maybe 1/2 hour??) before I started to bleed (for the first time that pregnancy/ miscarriage) and started to get the same sort of labour-like pains which I'm sure would've lead to a natural m/c had I just stayed at home and waited. It felt exactly like the beginnings of my natural ones. I wonder if you can just the the drugs without the curette?? Might be something to ask your doc about and see what the side affects are and/or rare complications might be so you can weigh it all up and compare it to this torturous waiting around?? Hope you get some answers on Tues.

I have my follow up appointment with my FS on Wednesday and I'm hoping I can still avoid a D&C as this natural m/c hasn't been as complete and clean cut as my December one. I passed the sac and most of the placenta on Wed after about 4 hours of major cramping. The pain stopped as soon as that came out at about 1pm but then later that night I started getting some more cramping and a couple if clots came out. Then the next day I had some more carping and another bit of placenta came out. Yesterday (Sat) I had some major cramping again for about two hours and was just about to ask my hubby to drive me to A&E when another bit of placenta, about 2cm big, came out. I HOPE that's all of it now!! I'm guessing it'll be a bit of a wait and see thing and I'll have to just keep an eye out for infection signs? Hope it's over now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is very frustrating. Im hoping to go medication over a d&c... I don't like the risks associated with d&c... though if its my only option then I have to wear that. Im sort of hoping my sac hasnt continued to grow... time will tell. Im semi glad I decided to wait out naturally ... I was in the middle of work placement when I found out and couldn't have handled it all occurring then.

I hope u can avoid a d&c too... at least u kno a what its like though. .. just big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support ladies, I'm hone from hospital now. I ended up having the methotrexate to terminate. My mum and sister just left to go home so back to being just dh and I.

It's starting to really sink in now. I'm so sad as I really wanted the baby. If just sucks. A lot.

I'm so sorry to read your stories. I hope you lovely ladies are taking care of yourselves.