+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hoping all goes well tomorrow mop and that you don't have to wait long. They can put a sedative into your canula if they make you wait too long.

I remember feeling different after each of our losses. After our first I felt terribly guilty and blamed myself, after we lost our twins I was really angry and after our last one I was somewhat numb, somewhat determined at the same time.

I guess I am still really upset that the doctors dismissed my first loss at 19 weeks without any follow up testing and am still considering filing a complaint to mainly educate the staff more than anything about the presence of immunological factors that can be involved in mc so that so many more babies can be given the chance to survive.

Would love to see a better pre-pregnancy blood screen for possible mc factors.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 24-03-2014 at 22:07.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladydee - Pregnancy Loss Australia.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee, I wasn't given any information after the d&c too. I found out about PLA on bubhub. It's pregnancy loss Australia.

The thought of IVF again also scares me. Yeah I was angry at how hard it took us to fall pregnant. I also went through days feeling really down amongst the anger. I didn't want to go to work. I just wanted to sleep a lot. I didn't feel like i have anything to look forward to. That's when DH told me to speak to a counsellor.

Speaking to a professional helped. Reassurance that I am normal and things take time. I was also very angry at myself for not being ok.

Really sorry you also have infertility issue ladydee. I'm sick of it too. Sick of how hard it is to have a child. But I try to tell myself this "life only throws at you what you can handle even when it doesn't feel that way at the time". Our time will come. And we will be fantastic mothers.

MOP, all the best for today. Hope it goes as smooth as it can be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was never given any contacts after my miscarriage either. I didn't require a d&c but it was after having an ultrasound where we found out there was no baby. I just saw the Dr, who didn't really give me much of an idea of what to expect from there so when I got a positive pregnancy test three weeks later I was dragged through it all trying to work out what was going on. For me, I had to reset my brain to get past it. We took a week break, went to the beach and just got away from the day to day. I came back in a better headspace, I still have times where I struggle. It felt so unfair when my sister recently had a blighted ovum too - I cried to dh that I felt like I was the 1/3 and therefore she should have been safe. If only it worked that way :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had d&c today. They have gestation as 8 weeks and have sent it for testing again. I was in excruciating pain before d&c. Body decided to go into 'labour'. They have kept in me as they want me to see a social worker.
    I just cant cope at the moment with anything and feel so weak for feeling like this.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad the procedure is over - sorry that you had to have so much pain though also.

You are not weak and you will get through this -the pain of loss will probably never leave but hopefully it will ease or you will find ways of coping with it - you have been through so much and need to be taken care of for a while until you find your feet again. It is good that they have kept you in - both for rest and a chance to talk to someone. You have multiple things to deal with mentally and physically at the moment.

Rest up,
    LT x.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you MOP, glad they're looking after you.
    Wishing you peace and time to heal, you will recover xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone.
    Well I became an emotional mess today laying under blankets and pillow crying. The Dr found me and I told her I couldn't cope anymore and that I had snapped. I wanted to jump off a cliff or cut myself open to let the pain out.
    They sent a social worker to see me and are sending a psychiatric team to review me.
    I cant open up to anyone except you girls and have no idea how to tell DP without him thinking im a head case.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to give you a big hug.

Give yourself time. You must be exhausted.

LT x.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mop, huge hugs. Just be honest with your hubby about how you are struggling. Even write it down if you don't have the strength for words. Hoping the professionals in the hospital can give you some guidance from here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post: