+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @auntyg - so sorry that you have found yourself in the same sort of nightmare I'm in Huge hugs xx I'm still crying and it's a week later so, I don't think I have any advice quite yet I did buy two bottles of wine as a bit of a F.U.world as I've been living super-dooper healthy during the last 15 months of TTC without any alcohol & caffeine and following all of the pregnancy "rules". So I'm enjoying a cup of coffee a morning and a glass of wine a night until these 2 bottles are done then it's back on the fertility drugs and being healthy. So it's a pretty weak consolation prize but....maybe do a couple of non-pregnancy things while you are having to wait it out anyway?? All the best xx
    Last edited by Ladydee; 23-03-2014 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have any of you ladies had bub tested post M/C to see if anything was wrong?? As this was my second MMC in a row and we had got to 10.5weeks after seeing a healthy heart beat twice, we decided on a D&C at 11 weeks and got bub tested. The results came back that bub actually had something wrong...Trisomy 13 Does anyone know much about this? The more I've Googled, the more bl00dy scary it sounds!!! Has anyone else had scary results come back? Have you gone on to have a normal pregnancy afterwards? Or if you're pregnant now, did you do anything differently like a amnio or the new expensive blood testing for Trisomy problems? Or just trust in the 1-in-10,000 likely-hood of it happening again? Really makes me wonder if my previous bub had anything wrong?....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Ladydee, 2 bottles of wine sounds quite good right about now. Yesterday and today I have had some non-diabetic treats to try and comfort myself. I have been so good... watching the sugar and all of that. Bah!

If I was tempted to go through another pregnancy and something did go wrong again I would definately consider getting further tests done - I think at the very least to have some answers.

The sonographer, who was a really lovely lady, said that the freqeuncy of m/c is so high people would be surprised. It doesn't help the pain, but I guess better to know that we not alone. She handled it so gracefully I didn't burst into tears until we headed back into the waiting room.

I did hear a statistic of 1 in 3 women miscarry, would this be correct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladydee. Yes I had one tested and it was chromosome 22. Apparently its rare they see it as you normally miscarry earlier. My 2 blood clotting disorders plus age make my risk higher but still...6 in a row is pretty tough and my mental state is not very good at the moment. I have not really cried but the thoughts running through my head are not healthy and I have shut everyone out. I feel like I dont deserve sympathy as I knew the risks and got pregnant again so I just have to suck it up and move on.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry and huge hugs mumofprincess and ladydee. I can sympathise with your pain...My loss was only a couple days before Christmas, and definitely a part of me died that day my angel passed. I had a D&C.

I've just been blessed with a BFP yesterday so am riding the fear of it happening again now. I pray you all find peace with the tragedies we've been dealt, our angels were just too special for this world.

Pregnancy Loss Australia was a big help, they sent me a cute teddy bear. Take care x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkblue For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone that has had the tablets tell me how you know that they worked?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tablets didn't work for me both times. I thought at first they may have the second time, but then nothing happened for another couple of days afterwards and I think I just naturally passed it. The tablets didn't make anything cramp the second time. First time was just after I had had post-partum haemorrhage and then they gave me tablets which gave me diarrhoea for 5 hours straight. They did tell me the stats of the tablets working and it wasn't super high. Since they added the RU486 it has been much higher, but still doesn't treat everyone.

Give EPAS another call today if you think the tablets haven't done anything - it's horrible when it's dragged out over weeks. Hopefully you'll get C - she's lovely.

If you go to theatre ask for a sedative in your canula while you are waiting to go in - I so didn't want to be there time and time again and it really helped as they were taking forever to set up!

I don't think I answered your question very well - the tablets are supposed to cramp it out, so if you haven't had cramping then the tablets haven't worked.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Little Ted. I have had lots of cramping and alot last night but only went through one pad and could not see any clots. Now its just dark brown discharge. (Sorry for tmi) Still have cramping in back today so very confused.
    Mentally I am really bad this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely sounds as though it isn't complete yet without the sac.

See if EPAS can refer you onto counselling whilst DD is at school - or your gp.

Our gp gave me a referral for the local counsellor last year but I wasn't able to go with having the kids during the day. Try and get someone who has some idea though - not a 24 year old male!

There is also the support groups that are listed in the pack that EPAS gives out. There might be one in there that might be helpful.

I haven't been in your same position and I am so sorry you have to go through this all again. I don't know what your DH is like - I know mine 'got over it' very quick and never talked about it. He said because he wasn't there when I've mc'd it is just a surreal thing for him as he doesn't have all the bodily changes and early connection with bub. Of course he was upset that we'd lost another one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @auntyg you heard right unfortunately one in three pregnancies end in miscarriage. .. so far I'm always that one. .. I'm at miscarriage number 4 in 5 years

Sent from my GT-I8730T using The Bub Hub mobile app