+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls.

I lost my littlie on Monday 10.2.14 due to ectopic. Is lost the right word? S/he had no chance, but I feel like I've lost a huge part of me! I was 6w1d & I knew deep down that something was wrong, my intuition wasn't allowing me to get excited, something was holding me back - it definitely wasn't like my pregnancy with DD. DP wants to start trying straight away, but I have my reservations, I think I still need some time to heal, physically and emotionally. He wants to replace these bad memories over the past few days, with something good, and some direction & focus, where in this recovery time we have none. I can barely move, I can't drive & I can't even hug my daughter or put her to sleep, it's torturous. I am saddened to join you here, but comforted too. Sorry for all of your losses x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    Hi girls.

I lost my littlie on Monday 10.2.14 due to ectopic. Is lost the right word? S/he had no chance, but I feel like I've lost a huge part of me! I was 6w1d & I knew deep down that something was wrong, my intuition wasn't allowing me to get excited, something was holding me back - it definitely wasn't like my pregnancy with DD. DP wants to start trying straight away, but I have my reservations, I think I still need some time to heal, physically and emotionally. He wants to replace these bad memories over the past few days, with something good, and some direction & focus, where in this recovery time we have none. I can barely move, I can't drive & I can't even hug my daughter or put her to sleep, it's torturous. I am saddened to join you here, but comforted too. Sorry for all of your losses x

So sorry to hear of your loss. I also had surgery for my ectopic pregnancy on 13th Dec 2013. It is such a horrible time and no one really understands what you are going through. We have been trying again but no luck. It is frightening to think you are at higher risk of another ectopic. Is this your 1st pregnancy? I now have a non functioning left tube and a sluggish right tube so we don't have much chance of conceiving naturally. Hugs....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose17 View Post
    So sorry to hear of your loss. I also had surgery for my ectopic pregnancy on 13th Dec 2013. It is such a horrible time and no one really understands what you are going through. We have been trying again but no luck. It is frightening to think you are at higher risk of another ectopic. Is this your 1st pregnancy? I now have a non functioning left tube and a sluggish right tube so we don't have much chance of conceiving naturally. Hugs....
    Did you have the choice between the methotrexate or surgery? I hadn't ruptured, but chose the surgery, the methotrexate just seemed too aggressive & uncertain. This is my 3rd pregnancy, 1st was a termination very young (16), second was DD - she is 2, and this ectopic is my third. I too lost a tube, they didn't mention anything about my right tube, did they check your right one in surgery or was it a known issue prior to falling pregnant? I'm terrified that this will happen again, it's a physically and emotionally draining thing to go through and I don't know if I will be able to cope through a second one. Did you take long to heal? I've been told no DTD for 4 weeks, was it painful the first time? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    Did you have the choice between the methotrexate or surgery? I hadn't ruptured, but chose the surgery, the methotrexate just seemed too aggressive & uncertain. This is my 3rd pregnancy, 1st was a termination very young (16), second was DD - she is 2, and this ectopic is my third. I too lost a tube, they didn't mention anything about my right tube, did they check your right one in surgery or was it a known issue prior to falling pregnant? I'm terrified that this will happen again, it's a physically and emotionally draining thing to go through and I don't know if I will be able to cope through a second one. Did you take long to heal? I've been told no DTD for 4 weeks, was it painful the first time? xx

No choice, just surgery. I didn't rupture either. I didn't have my tube removed just the embryo removed. But as a result my left tube is buggered. I had surgery on October 31 2013 for fertility issues and that's when I found out that my right tube wasn't great. It took a good 2-3 weeks to heal physically but I don't think I will ever heal emotionally. No it wasn't painful for the first time. I was only told today by my FS that we don't have a chance for # 3 and IVF is very risky as I have a clotting disorder, so now I have to make a very hard decision on whether to take a risk or stop TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure if this is an active thread. We just had a mmc. Found out at the 12 week scan that our baby didn't make it. I wasn't bleeding or anything so the news was a huge shock to us. We are devastated. We waited for 18 months for this baby. Even attempted IVF twice. So we were so excited with the pregnancy. A short 8 week of happiness.

I'm having a d&c tomorrow morning. It's the best thing to do for us but now I'm so upset at the though of in 26 hours I won't have my baby inside me.

I know for a lot of people, it's not a baby yet. And miscarriages are also very common. It happens to my friends too. But nothing like when you have to go through it yourself. The pain is indescribable. I hope our little angel knows s/he was well loved. Very much loved and can go to baby heaven in peace. This hurts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's heartbreaking, sending you lots of hugs. Be kind to yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib I am so very sorry. We were together in the September and December IVF threads although I stopped posting there some time ago. I had a D & C around 3 weeks ago after a follow up scan (at just over 8 weeks) showed no heartbeat. After seeing a heartbeat at an earlier scan, I was beyond devastated.

I know there is nothing anyone can say that is any real consolation but please know you’re not alone. I hope you are getting the support you need right know from those around you. The ladies in this thread also were a huge comfort to me – as I don’t think anyone truly understands what it is like unless you’ve gone through such a loss personally. I know your heart must be breaking right now, I am so sorry xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose17 View Post
    No choice, just surgery. I didn't rupture either. I didn't have my tube removed just the embryo removed. But as a result my left tube is buggered. I had surgery on October 31 2013 for fertility issues and that's when I found out that my right tube wasn't great. It took a good 2-3 weeks to heal physically but I don't think I will ever heal emotionally. No it wasn't painful for the first time. I was only told today by my FS that we don't have a chance for # 3 and IVF is very risky as I have a clotting disorder, so now I have to make a very hard decision on whether to take a risk or stop TTC.
    Sorry for your loss Rose . I have recovered okay from the surgery, still not back at work, but I generally feel okay - if a little deflated. How are you feeling? It must be tough to make a decision like that, I personally haven't experienced fertility issues but I can imagine how heartbreaking it is to have to make that choice. Big hugs your way x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    I'm not sure if this is an active thread. We just had a mmc. Found out at the 12 week scan that our baby didn't make it. I wasn't bleeding or anything so the news was a huge shock to us. We are devastated. We waited for 18 months for this baby. Even attempted IVF twice. So we were so excited with the pregnancy. A short 8 week of happiness.

I'm having a d&c tomorrow morning. It's the best thing to do for us but now I'm so upset at the though of in 26 hours I won't have my baby inside me.

I know for a lot of people, it's not a baby yet. And miscarriages are also very common. It happens to my friends too. But nothing like when you have to go through it yourself. The pain is indescribable. I hope our little angel knows s/he was well loved. Very much loved and can go to baby heaven in peace. This hurts!
    So sorry for your loss minib, I can only imagine the shock and hurt you are feeling. Good luck for your D&C, I hope it all goes well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib I am so incredibly sorry, your story is all to familiar, and IVF pregnancy to be cruelly taken at the 12 week scan. My friends had also had m/c's but mine just seemed to hurt more, be angry, be upset, be "more hurt". Dont down grade the life you shared, your little one was as much a baby as one born today and will mourn as so.

Its hard to comprehend but it does get easier, 6 months on Im functioning better and dont burst into tears too often. I hope you get to cycle soon.

PM me if you need.